Apple Event - iPhone 16

7VE.gif

Last edited:
Few suggestions for first time iPhone users
  • Apple Care plus is a must.
  • Do not buy case without extra magnets for MagSafe. My iPhone has these and when I stick MagSafe Wallet, it sticks so much better compared to the normal case without MagSafe magnets.
  • Do not buy those cheap wireless chargers. Bloody things heat up phone a lot and this will affect long term battery health. Only use the Apple Original MagSafe puck charger.
  • Do not use Android phone or generic usb-c cables. Stick to Apple Original USB cable.
  • Spigen case.tr ezfit tempered glass is absolute best you can get here in India. installation is bloody simple.
  • Disable opening notification content when phone is locked. If not, you can see bank OTPs without unlocking the phone and is a potential problem.
  • Enable 'Advanced data protection' and make sure that you do not lose recovery key. This is the only way you get end to end data protection for your data in iCloud.
  • If you want to try apple intelligence, install 18.1 beta and set region and language to USA and US English respectively. There are guides on YT you can follow.

Last edited:
  • Do not buy case without extra magnets for MagSafe. My iPhone has these and when I stick MagSafe Wallet, it sticks so much better compared to the normal case without MagSafe magnets.
  • Do not buy those cheap wireless chargers. Bloody things heat up phone a lot and this will affect long term battery health. Only use the Apple Original MagSafe puck charger.
  • Do not use Android phone or generic usb-c cables. Stick to Apple Original USB cable.
  • Spigen case.tr ezfit tempered glass is absolute best you can get here in India. installation is bloody simple.
  • Disable notifications when locked. If not, you can see bank OTPs without unlocking the phone and is a potential problem.
  • Enable 'Advanced data protection' and make sure that you do not lose recovery key. This is the only way you get end to end data protection for your data in iCloud.
  • If you want to try apple intelligence, install 18.1 beta and set region and language to USA and US English respectively. There are guides on YT you can follow.
I'm going to get the ESR case for it, have you tried them?

ADP really complicates things, imho. Sharing on MacOS completely breaks if you're sharing with a non ADP iCloud user.

and why do cables matter? I've been using a PD 100w cable to charge my mac for over a year now. Battery health at 100% :)

I used that for iPad. It was okays. Top layer started to peel off. I am using Spine clear case, searching for bumper case.
ADP really complicates things, imho. Sharing on MacOS completely breaks if you're sharing with a non ADP iCloud user.

and why do cables matter? I've been using a PD 100w cable to charge my mac for over a year now. Battery health at 100% :)
Charging will be excruciatingly slow for some generic cables. More important thing is that though it's USB-C, the way each cable fits into the port varies (minutely). My concern is to mainly avoid eroding of pins if 3rd party cable is of cheap quality. Apple charges a lot to replace USB port. I have used Belkin's type-c cable and original Apple cables till date. But 90% of my charging needs are taken care of by MagSafe puck.

I used that for iPad. It was okays. Top layer started to peel off. I am using Spine clear case, searching for bumper case.

Charging will be excruciatingly slow for some generic cables. More important thing is that though it's USB-C, the way each cable fits into the port varies (minutely). My concern is to mainly avoid eroding of pins if 3rd party cable is of cheap quality. Apple charges a lot to replace USB port. I have used Belkin's type-c cable and original Apple cables till date. But 90% of my charging needs are taken care of by MagSafe puck.
I see. I always charge overnight, tbh, with a cable so wireless charging is only useful to me on the go.

I've used both ESR and Spigen for 14PM. Both work really well - no fading, breaks etc even after 2 years. Don't get the clear case from these companies though as the side borders will yellow within no time. For clear case, only Apple since they use Polycarbonate even on sides - but that makes the power button really difficult to press.

Have used Anker and Belkin cables quite a bit for 14PM/15 Plus/iPad Pro - no issues tbh. Gives as good speeds as Apple cable.

Going to get either Black or Frosted Black from here:

Limited-time deal: ESR for iPhone 16 Pro Max Case, Silicone Case with Stand, Compatible with MagSafe, Built-in Camera Stash Stand, Magnetic Phone Case for iPhone 16 Pro Max, Cloud Series, Black https://amzn.in/d/cSiQ87y

I really wish ESR had the magsafe wallet with 5 cards available in India.

Going to get either Black or Frosted Black from here:

Limited-time deal: ESR for iPhone 16 Pro Max Case, Silicone Case with Stand, Compatible with MagSafe, Built-in Camera Stash Stand, Magnetic Phone Case for iPhone 16 Pro Max, Cloud Series, Black https://amzn.in/d/cSiQ87y

I really wish ESR had the magsafe wallet with 5 cards available in India.
What. This case weighs 70 grams. If you are going for pro max, look for lightweight case. This is a very heavy and large phone that weighs 227 grams. Will weight 300 grams if you add the case. If tou add a MagSafe wallet, you are going to enter into dumbbell territory. Look for cases that weight under 30 grams. My current case is 15grams.

• Disable notifications when locked. If not, you can see bank OTPs without unlocking the phone and is a potential problem.
1 Not really you can disable content mot whole notifications.
2 Apple usb cables in box even with 15 pro models are usb 2. To utilize usb 3 speeds for 15/16 Pro get good usb 3 10gbps cable.

Back