Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Discussion Thread

re: AC Brotherhood - Discussion Thread

New Assassin's Creed for 2011

On the back of Asssasin's Creed: Brotherhood shifting over a million units after its first week on sale in Europe, Ubisoft has begun talking about the next outing in the increasingly successful series – and begun hinting where the time-hopping adventure might be heading next.

Geoffery Sardin, Ubisoft's EMEA chief of marketing and sales told MCV that next year there will be another installment in the Assassins' Creed series.

Sardin went on to hint where the series could go having already explored Renaissance Italy and The Holy Land. "If you've read the comic books you will see that we took Assassin's Creed to the USSR, or Caesar's Rome – that's a good example of what we could do in the coming years in the next video games," Sardin told MCV, "We never saw this as just a franchise – it is a 360 degree franchise, and touches a lot of other experiences. It's not just a game, but an animated story, on comics, in books, and other formats too. There's lots of scope for what we can do."

Source : IGN

Its going the COD way...UBI got their COD n now they will milk the series...soon it will lose its quality, which can be seen in AC Brotherhood, as per you people have mentioned, nothing gr8 than AC2 :|

Some explanation of Ending which i pulled from a site

Well at the end of assassins creed brotherhood its clear that there is more to the apple and the gods. In the end Desmond stabs Lucy because Juno(Minerva's wife) was controlling him and forced him to do so. The reason for this is Desmond is a decedent of Adam and the gods are trying to help Desmond save the human race. You have to understand that Desmond is related to Adam and adam was one of the first holders of the apple. That's why Desmond is able to harmonize with the apple because his DNA is similar to Adam. So the god Minerva tries to explain to Desmond the Truth behind it all and how the gods were weakening due to the human rebellion(similar to the god in AC2 explanation). As a result when Desmond stabs Lucy it was because Desmond was emotionally attached to her and she was not a decedent from Eve. So in order for Desmond not to have an affair with her Juno(Minerva's husband) awakens and kills Lucy. This was crucial because if they were to have a baby (Desmond and Lucy) then that can cause the downfall of mankind. That's why Minerva says to find Eve, because they need a true blood. Now for the grand finale. Why is Minerva helping Desmond, well it is because she feels guilty for her past mistakes. The gods were advanced humans at the time of Adam and Eve and when they obtained the apple they abused its powers. As a result that is why she is helping because she knows that their actions(the gods) had made the humans rebellious. Also led to the first accident with the humans when a majority of them died(the 2012 in the game the one where all the humans die in ancient times). Also if you haven't noticed the glyphs from AC2 tie into this as well. In the short clip you see Adam and Eve running away. Before they climb the rooftop Eve shows that she as the apple. Plus when they reach the top you can see a city or some sort of civilization nearby. So the running away with the apple is in direct reference to the first sin in the Holy Bible(when adam and eve run away from the Garden of Adam of Eve( which in the clip was the city or civilization). Also if you have not noticed in any of the other Assassin Creeds none of the assassins have children. Ezio and Altair never have children so that somehow tie in Desmond now, so there is a reason for Ezio and Altair never having children. This reason however cannot be explained due to their is no evidence proving why they never had. Now for the grand finale the basic understanding Assassins Creed Brotherhood is this. It is that Desmond must find a decedent of eve probably using the apple. But he probably has to due this befor the 72nd day which in this case is the sattelite launch for Abstergo and the awakening for mankind. The reason for all of this is simple, like how the humans and gods and fought over the apple it is the samething here. Since Abstergo and the Assassins have been obessessing over its going to cause 2012 or something similar to it. That's why Desmond needs to have a son because that son will lead the humans back to former glory. But this is my theory on the ending.

Not sure whether you guys saw this Truth Video or not

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-truth-assassins-creed/707879?type=flv[/video]

I completed the main storyline a few days back, which was a bit confusing and unexpected. Overall, the core game play mechanics remain the same, namely, combat, weapons(a few new ones added though), visually sweet moves and quick movement around the city in the form of underground tunnels.

The part which I didn't like was compulsively renovating blacksmiths, doctors and stables around Rome, which is part of the game's objective. Assassin recruit according to a few sites were flawed since they didn't play a major role in the ending parts of the game. Nonetheless, they were of great assistance throughout the game, especially when you wanted 100% synchronization in some memories.

In the end, I must admit it was up to many people's expectations and I thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment of it. Looking forward to great releases under this franchise every year. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Oh and yes I've been dabbling myself in the awesome multiplayer feature. Add me - hybeh. We can play a private or friendly match.

Finished AC2 yesterday night.....the ending seemed DMC4 like....;P

Now m divided b/w 4 games....AC: Brotherhood / Castlevania / GT5 / RDR Undead :p

^Final Boss Fight with Staff against the protagonist, the setup actually...Vatican styled environment was present in DMC4 too, if u remember. :p

neways....I feel it went overboard with the Storyline, GOD n all :p

*facepalm*

You should really re-phrase that statement, else it seems like the ending of DMC4 and AC II are alike. :p

Only DMC4's intro level featured the Cathedral. The final fight was inside the Saviour.

I forget nothing related to DMC games. The final boss fight is split into 2 parts; the first one is inside the Saviour (where he kills Sanctus) and the second is the final form of Saviour, which barely lasts for a couple of minutes.

^Guys...I told about the environment, even if its a Saviour...the overall feel it gave was of POPE becoming a monster in the end :p

b/w now which game to play ????

xXx said:
b/w now which game to play ????

Follow up with Brotherhood. If you feel it's getting monotonous, switch to Undead Nightmare, as Castlevania would require a lot of time dedicated to it.

^yea....it is feeling monotonous, as I completed AC: Bloodlines too, too much climbing n free sprinting :bleh:

Will b goin for Undead Nightmare ;)

Yeah, just go to graveyards and shoot and burn. clear towns and stuff. The same thing all over again and again. Best played just after finishing RDR.

Assassin's Creed Ascendance Trailer:

[youtube]c9nqPkEwNnk[/youtube]

The animated film has just released. For those who don't know what it's all about:

Assassin's Creed Ascendance is a short animated story developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It bridges the narrative gap between Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Assassin's Creed Ascendance follows Assassin Ezio Auditore as he struggles to remove the treacherous Borgia family from their papal throne. Ezio will learn the brutal truth behind Ceasare Borgia's rise to power to control Italy. Assassin's Creed Ascendance will be available on PlayStation®Store, Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360®, and other digital channels for a suggested retail price of $1.99.

Back