Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

I dont know what has changed in recent version of DDWRT since i dont have the device with me.

For shutdown you can use
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall transmissiond samba 
sleep 3
umount -rl /mnt /opt
sleep 3
[COLOR=#282828][FONT=helvetica]/usr/sbin/shutdown now -h
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I dont know what has changed in recent version of DDWRT since i dont have the device with me.

For shutdown you can use
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall transmissiond samba 
sleep 3
umount -rl /mnt /opt
sleep 3
[COLOR=#282828][FONT=helvetica]/usr/sbin/shutdown now -h
[/FONT][/COLOR]

thank you very much... will try that tomorrow :)

Start fresh and with lastes r18777+ VSFTP wont work .. either move to samba 2 completely [like me] or setup proFTP from NAS tab on DD-WRT. And check your startup script properly transmission should work good if the optware is installed properly

oh , hmm well ok i'll give it a shot again. But is proFTP working similar like ftp earlier. i mean the same ftp client can be used right ?
yes optware is installed & both transmission & optware are regularly updated!

Mann did you get a new piece?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

You could do a complete reset and start over again and see. I no longer use the device for downloading torrents.

hmm ok ... i'll try now.

And you were waiting for 1 month that someone will come and free the bond gages for you, did you make a effort to do something from your end.:)

If you can't get it resolved yet even after the above post ill do my best to resolve the issue ;)

i tried what i could. !!! if i/we would have been able to solve it on my own, i guess the whole point of this forum would go waste !!! & i was busy in android stuff, didn't wanted to complicate things more !

Unfortunatley unless someone has the 2.42 ipk you cannot downgrade it.

I google and find some 2.42 ipk but i dunno how to use it.. I've tried ipkg install <file.ipkg> but it always connects to the latest transmission version.. I even tried force downgrade command something.. one of the private trackers need 2.42 transmission :(

I tried this ipk
Code:
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Transmission

First completely uninstall new version then
Code:
ipkg-opt -force-downgrade install transmission2.42.ipk

First completely uninstall new version then
Code:
ipkg-opt -force-downgrade install transmission2.42.ipk

I tried that but my question is where do I put the ipk?? sorry for being newbie I really don't know.. can you please guide me where to paste it.. I tried to paste to /opt.. I can't paste the ipk in root thanks

btw I tried another approach using this in /opt/etc upload the ipk in mediafire and change the src/gz optware line with the link where I upload the ipk.. it installs the 2.42 ipk
root@DD-WRT:/opt/etc# more ipkg.conf

#Uncomment the following line for native packages feed (if any)

#src/gz native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../native/stable

src/gz optware http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...t/cross/stable

dest /opt/ /

option verbose-wget ##################This line will have a # prefix to it , remove it

but the problem is when I use this command I get permission denied.. tried to change permission using ssh>file properties but no avail :(
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Already solved it.. it seems my ipk is a wrong one that's why it is not accepted.. successfully downgraded to 2.40.. thank you very much everyone.. I really appreciate it.. btw anyone knows if 18777 build has working QOS *I turn it on, read the wiki but no avail*.. because transmission eat all up my bandwith so my browsing slows down.. if there other alternative beside altering the transmission bandwith settings please share it... I really want to have working QOS.. thanks

Dropped the idea of samba was tough for me to config :p used proFTP, very simple to enable & use. just added user ID & Pass on the router to secure FTP & disabled annon access.

has anyone streamed from USB HDD connected to N13 ? Idea is to watch movie on laptop while ext HDD is connected to N13 without removing it.
Any tips to stream 1080p without any stream prblem ?

Definitely samba.. easy to config if you read or google.. no need to remove from the router.. can copy and paste from windows and I watch what I download in it :)

btw anyone knows if this router is capable of dual Wan with dd wrt? thanks

Back