Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Got back my router . Completed setting it up but r19342 ie the latest build of dd-wrt is vastly buggy and I cant stress this point enough . The router used to stop respond and terminating connections after particular intervals and all . So moved back to r18777

Can you share your startup script with new version
Code:
sleep 5
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt
echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
sleep 30
echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 50000 -j logaccept
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon
sh /mnt/hosts.sh

Looks like my RT-N13U died today only after two months of usage. When I turn it on the power LED blinks for a second and nothing happens. Anyone know if authorized service centers can repair it or do I have to ship it to their head office? Also I hope using DD-WRT does not void the warranty as I have seen it as a feature somewhere on ASUS site.

You didn't read the 1st post right ? It does voids warranty but people here are not qualified enough to identify if router is not booting

Looks like my RT-N13U died today only after two months of usage. When I turn it on the power LED blinks for a second and nothing happens. Anyone know if authorized service centers can repair it or do I have to ship it to their head office? Also I hope using DD-WRT does not void the warranty as I have seen it as a feature somewhere on ASUS site.

Quickly switch back to factory firmware, if you need the links, shall post them. IMO, the power adapter is gone. Then RMA the entire device.

If you are from Mumbai, goto the ASUS service centre in Sakinaka, give them the router for checking, if the device is dead, they shall inform you the next day to goto the Rashi centre and get a new sealed box. If you need help with this, can do it next week.

dinjo Need some help with using a EVDO CDMA modem on the N13. Any pointers? Its a Huawei E1260 with Reliance. If you want I can give you my router to test if needed for any reason (I have 2x N13 :p), but cant give the modem as its used daily.

What are you guys using as storage device for downloads. I am planning to use a 2.5" 500gb ext HDD(no power supply). Will it work. And can i remove it whenever required and use it to transfer files?

What are you guys using as storage device for downloads. I am planning to use a 2.5" 500gb ext HDD(no power supply). Will it work. And can i remove it whenever required and use it to transfer files?
Well I am using 500gB on my router have a partition of 100gb NTFS for windows and other are ext3 .. if i need more space on windows i use ext2fsd

You didn't read the 1st post right ? It does voids warranty but people here are not qualified enough to identify if router is not booting

Does not look like it as they seem to advertise it as a feature. ASUS DD-WRT - You Spoke, We Listened
It was a hardware problem related to power. I could have flashed my router back to original but it did not even start. Anyway I gave it for service so lets wait and see what happens.

Always prefer to use 8 or 16 GB USB drive.

Reason, Due to daily heavy use of download & read, HDD may be gone very bad soon. You loose lots of stuff you downloaded.

16 GB USB - Download 4-5 stuff, move to main HDD which is not used heavily. be safe.

Back