Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

@dinjo Really appreciate your support of the DD-WRT Asus N13U B1 on techenclave.

Which build would you currently suggest using(most stable and basic)? Or maybe the last stable build you used before selling your router. It would also be great if you update the first post with this information.

What I am looking for is a stable build for my N13U-B1 which can auto login to a web client login page(I think that should be possible through a python script). Am not really going to turn this into a 24/7 torrent downloader or Samba server. Just want to have the router login to internet so that all my devices connected to the router (wired and wireless) can use internet without having to login.

Appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks, aX

Last edited by a moderator:
My Asus RT-N13U is placed on ground floor but after DD WRT I am experiencing redcution in Wifi Signal radius after DD-WRT. I am not getting signal on 1st floor. I changed channels to 13 but still no improvment. Any solution for this.

Hi.

I am running a Belkin N600 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) big (SVN revision 19519) and just managed to install Optware (From Optware, the Right way guide)

I have partitioned my USB pendrive has 3 partitions, ext2 for Optware and data and a swap partition. I was successful in installing optware, and have transmission up and running, but I just need some clarifications if it's setup all right.

Code:
Disk Info                                         
 --- /dev/discs/disc0/disc 
Block device, size 3.809 GiB (4089446400 bytes) 
DOS/MBR partition map 
Partition 1: 0.980 GiB (1052803584 bytes, 2056257 sectors from 63) 
  Type 0x83 (Linux) 
  Ext2 file system 
    Volume name "Optware" 
    UUID 368DE062-E704-406D-A80B-CC4649E49C4A (DCE, v4) 
    Volume size 0.980 GiB (1052803072 bytes, 257032 blocks of 4 KiB) 
Partition 2: 258.9 MiB (271434240 bytes, 530145 sectors from 2056320) 
  Type 0x82 (Linux swap / Solaris) 
  Linux swap, version 2, subversion 1, 4 KiB pages, little-endian 
    Swap size 258.9 MiB (271425536 bytes, 66266 pages of 4 KiB) 
Partition 3: 2.574 GiB (2763694080 bytes, 5397840 sectors from 2586465) 
  Type 0x83 (Linux) 
  Ext2 file system 
    Volume name "Data" 
    UUID F294E2D8-3D57-4E40-9D79-E604882AE6E2 (DCE, v4) 
    Volume size 2.574 GiB (2763694080 bytes, 674730 blocks of 4 KiB) 

Why is Mounted on /opt repeated twice?

also, I would like my Data partition to mounted under /mnt, but currently it is under /tmp/mnt

What have I done wrong?
Code:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 big (c) 2012 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 07/20/12 (SVN revision: 19519)
Enhanced with OTRW

root@Belkin N600:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext2 (rw)
/dev/discs/disc0/part3 on /opt type ext2 (rw,noatime)
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt type ext2 (rw,noatime)
root@Belkin N600:~#

Ideally, since I have two usb ports on my router, I Would like to add a usb HDD, that will be the download directory, and if not present, files should be downloaded to the Pendrive.

but all that later, I now would like to know where i went wrong!

Thanks!

EDIT:

After somemore reading, I found out the there is an error in the newer builds regarding this and the workaround is to use an startup script like http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=656298 ?

After Some Time

/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)

my mount partition automatically changes to read only can you tell me what is the reason for it coz of which my torrent downoloading stops automatically..

- - - Updated - - -

After Some Time

my mount partition automatically changes to read only can you tell me what is the reason for it coz of which my torrent downoloading stops automatically..

Guys Some One Pl Reply...!!

Is this Forum Alive or Not !!

- - - Updated - - -

After Some Time

- - - Updated - - -

Guys Some One Pl Reply...!!

Still No reply..!! Guys Help Please

windfire, Hold on for sometime., Let the masters reply you.

3 general questions from my side. dinjo & @ReVo_007

1 - How to stop the torrent automatically once torrent has finished downloading.
2 - If upload is fixed at 20 Kbps & power supply is cut. Once power comes back it starts uploading at full speed of 2 Mbps. How to fix it at certain limit always ?
3 - how to queue in transmission ? if one wants to download only 1 torrent at a time & second should start only after 1 is finished.

Any help ?

Hi!

I managed to get Transmission up and running along with flexget.

It's working beautifully except for a small snag.

I am unable to schedule flexget from cron using the following.
Code:
*/45 * * * * root /opt/local/bin/flexget --cron
I tried giving a */5 * * * * root reboot in the webgui, but doesn't seem to be any effect..

What could the issue be? I am running 19519 v24-sp2 (07/20/12) big.

Thanks!

Default TX Power on my N13U B1 is 71mW (Wireless > Advenced Setting).
Is this common with everyone? or are there people running it lower?

I'm thinking about reducing it a bit becuase my router gets very hot at times.

Add the below to your crontab , make necessary amendements wherever your transmission is installed stops transmission at 23:58 and starts again at 00:00

Administration->Magement->Cron Jobs

Code:
58 23 * * * root sh -c 'killall transmission-daemon'
0 0 * * * root sh -c '/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon'

Restart Cron

Code:
stopservice crond 
startservice crond

First check your TX power

Code:
iwlist ath0 txpower

Instead of lowering power turn off Wifi at night, stops wifi at 23:30 and starts wifi at 07:00 in morning again
Code:
30 23 * * * root sh -c 'kill `ps | grep "hostapd" | awk '{print $1}'`' 
00 07 * * * root sh -c 'hostapd -B /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf'

And you can set to 50mW not below that you would get better signal and boosted performance

Praks
1. You can queue files in transmission look at settings.json and enable the queue and then set the queue count.
2. Are you sure you have set the upload limit in global setting ?

windfire
Either your disc is dying or the firmware is buggy , remember newer version are not stable (try rollback to previous version first)you might need to format it again , can you show output of

Code:
dmesg

Already solved it.. it seems my ipk is a wrong one that's why it is not accepted.. successfully downgraded to 2.40.. thank you very much everyone.. I really appreciate it.. btw anyone knows if 18777 build has working QOS *I turn it on, read the wiki but no avail*.. because transmission eat all up my bandwith so my browsing slows down.. if there other alternative beside altering the transmission bandwith settings please share it... I really want to have working QOS.. thanks

can you help with downgrading to version 2.4 please ???

pals,
i m running Built 20119 on my ASUS RT-N13U B1 router.
needed to know, is the attached image ok (check the noise level), also, my desktop is in the same room as the router,, still it only gets 35% signal strength, also, if i place my iphone next to the router, it only shows 72% signal strength. y so?

the bottom 3 devices shown in the image connected, are in the same room as the router...still such poor signal strength?

needed help pals... and some ustanding..
thanx

angel

Untitled.jpg

I have Asus RT-N13U B1 and I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std (SVN revision 18777).
I'm having issues with USB mounting.
I have usb disk with two EXT3 partitions.
I followed guide from the first page and it's not working for this revision.
My partitions are not mounted.
What revision did you use when writing this tutorial?
I found several other scripts I found on other forums but none of them worked.
Does anybody know how to correctly mount EXT3 partitions for this revision?

3 general questions from my side. dinjo & @ReVo_007

1 - How to stop the torrent automatically once torrent has finished downloading.
2 - If upload is fixed at 20 Kbps & power supply is cut. Once power comes back it starts uploading at full speed of 2 Mbps. How to fix it at certain limit always ?
3 - how to queue in transmission ? if one wants to download only 1 torrent at a time & second should start only after 1 is finished.

Any help ?

1 - Guys,There is new update on tranmission GUI & there is download queue option in it. My 1st query solved.
2 - @dinjo, yes please, I need to upload my limit to say 20 Kbps for few hours. How to do that even if the router is rebooted;.

1 - Guys,There is new update on tranmission GUI & there is download queue option in it. My 1st query solved.
2 - dinjo, yes please, I need to upload my limit to say 20 Kbps for few hours. How to do that even if the router is rebooted;.

you can put alternative bandwidth settings and you can schedule it as well .. the new transmission with the new GUI has all the options... this was started quite some time back i guess you didn't update the transmission .

@ReVo_007
Thanks bro.
Do you mean I need to upgrade my transmission N13 also ?
I just upgraded GUI on Windows laptop :)

Is there any way to export monthly bandwidth logs ? It shows from 1st of one month to 30th of that month.
If billing cycle is around 10th its difficult to count log of each day & summing them till next month's 9th.

Any idea ?

ReVo_007
Thanks bro.
Do you mean I need to upgrade my transmission N13 also ?
I just upgraded GUI on Windows laptop :)

Is there any way to export monthly bandwidth logs ? It shows from 1st of one month to 30th of that month.
If billing cycle is around 10th its difficult to count log of each day & summing them till next month's 9th.

Any idea ?
Upgrading the version on router is recommended ... but if you get the options on the new GUI with old client then I dont think you need to change something thats stable and fits your needs. And for billing I have seen an option of storing or export but I cant say on the date thing have to try and check.

- - - Updated - - -

bro downloaded the file
even reinstalled the transmission worked for 1-2 times and again that error :'(

Well then am out of options. Refer to Dinjo if he knows he will surely help.

Back