The movie is spectacular. but movie of the year is not the tag for it. But this year pretty much all the big movies are CGI/Scfi i guess...so this is in top 5 ...

The storyline is really dull and old. Its because of the awesome effects and camera that all including me is willing not to give a damn abt the story.

Still gonna watch it again though.

The IMAX at Wadal Mumbai is not the "Dome" version. The screen has been changed to "IMAX 3D" some time back.

My brother watched it there and said that the screen is a bit curved and not entirely flat.

check the screentype here
IMAX
click the 'find your imax theatre' button and enter mumbai. the screen is 3D IMAX.

Also, the movie print "IMAX 3D" is different than the other theatres which is "normal 3D"; not sure what that means though. I'll be watching it in the IMAX this weekend.

Watched this yesterday in 3D. And yeah, you have to watch it in 3D. Clearly some of the scenes you really feel it coming to you.

It amazes me the visionary that James Cameron is. Imagining things is one thing but getting that to print with such detail is a different matter altogether.

Watched it on Imax3D earlier today.

Way too much hype for the movie imho.

It was a decent movie wit decent effects. Frankly, imo there was nothing to the effects than some bright psychedelic colors.

Definitely not worth all the hype

stalker said:
Watched it on Imax3D earlier today.
Way too much hype for the movie imho.

It was a decent movie wit decent effects. Frankly, imo there was nothing to the effects than some bright psychedelic colors.

Definitely not worth all the hype

Seems like you expected WAY TOO much from the movie due to the hype! :eek:hyeah:

i havent watched the movie but yes have heard reviews from lots of varied sources saying the story is crap but the effects are good ..but whats with the fanboyism for a movie , why are the people who like the movie expect others to do the same ? ....

kippu said:
i havent watched the movie but yes have heard reviews from lots of varied sources saying the story is crap but the effects are good ..but whats with the fanboyism for a movie , why are the people who like the movie expect others to do the same ? ....

nobody is denying the fact that the movie has no story.....but if some1 is saying they didnt like the visuals of the movie then either he is blind or he saw it in some lame-as$ theater without 3d or he simply saying it for the sake of not following the herd........

You mean to say Avatar is better than Ledger's Joker? I somehow doubt it.

The special effects bar set by Avatar will be easily surpassed by the next technological light and sound blockbuster as the times progress. While Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was the role of a lifetime; raw hardbroiled cinema.

saumilsingh said:

The special effects bar set by Avatar will be easily surpassed by the next technological light and sound blockbuster as the times progress. While Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was the role of a lifetime; raw hardbroiled cinema.

I was talking about the hype. This movie isn't about Oscar winning acting. I see lot more people around me watching avatar, people who don't usually watch English movies. It was not at the same level with Dark Knight.

saumilsingh said:

Dude. I watched this movie and i watched it because it was the first time ever that something like this happened. I want to be among those who saw this kind of movie in all glory.

Ledger's acting was phenominal in TDK. But there are many such roles where the actor completely dominated and outclassed others.

Tom hanks: Forrest Gump
Adrien Brody: The Pianist
Phillip Seymour Hoffman: Capote

And there are many that I couldn't recall right now.

Jurassic Park (DTS)
LOTR (CGI character : Gollum)
Star War (THX)
Enter the dragon (martial arts)

These are some of the movies that brought a revolution in the movie industry. It is not easy to surpass the CGI and experience of Avatar.

There were many 3D movies in the past and there were lot of movies with CGI in the past and most of them were super flops.

The last time that I had such a spectacular experience was when I watched the movie Jurassic park. And that was more than a decade ago.

Back