All these comparisons got nothing to do with Avatar. In this movie the story is age old..nothing new or special and acting was average. nothing spectacular, its the presence of such a great director that reflected the perfection in what they did. This movie is and will be about the special effects and the creativity... and may i say the lovely camera... Like titanic. Atleast for me.

But That cant be comapred to TDK in any ways. for lots including me, TDK is a better movie any day than AVATAR because it got lots more going. Thats a movie where the actors acting and scripts ruled.Again that will not let a epic movie like Avatar its throne. It is a Top contender this year if not the best. Coz most big movies this year are abt CGI and Scifi. I dont remeber a movie where Actor is given the importance this year

wish TDK was shot in 3D... hehhe...then we should had a real comparison...anyways this thread is abt awesomeness of AVATAR

Films like "Avatar" and "The Dark knight" is well worth hype.

Avatar is a revolution no doubt, it even made one local theater(crown) here in my city (who never bothered to change their worn out screen)to go for a 1cr upgrade before the release of avatar:D......its now one of the only 3 theaters in kerala which can show avatar in 3D.....yay:D

Arya said:
^ Joker's portrayal was very special. Way different compared to your mentions. It was dark and funny at the same time.

+1

This years top movies.. till now...

HP :HBP

Ice Age 2

Transformers 2

Up

The Twlight 2

Angels and Demons

The Hangover

Night at the museum 2

Star Trek

So none I think.

Watched the movie at Fame, Shankarnag.Loved the movie.Although I was disappointed by the 3D experience compared to what ppl have been talking about it.I guess Fame experience didn't harness it well.The 3D goggles had sort of a very light blur, copmpared to watching it with the naked naked.The colours looked more rich when I took off the glasses for a few seconds to compare the 2D and 3D effects.All the ppl who were with me had the same opinion.Was it just Fame cinema or most theatres(except IMAX) across delivered in a similar manner?We double checked the goggles for scrathes etc.There were none, although there finger prints which I tried to clean but the glass was all plastic and I didn't want to break it in any way.

Some ppl who watched in in Urvashi watched it with high tech 3D goggles apparently.Ppl were warned about paying around 2K if they broke the glasses.

I guess am ging to Urvashi again to watch it.

dude.. begging you dont do the mistake of going to Urvashi!!

I went to Urvashi and it absolutely ruined my experience. I did NOT see any 3D effects!!! I was so hyped up about this and came back completely disappointed. Although my brother was saying that he could get some 3D effects. Even otherwise, in Urvashi the audio is not so good. I mean you can feel the rumble and all but the problem is that the dialogues are inaudible atleast in the beginning. Also they play it without interval so you are stuck in your place for 3hrs plus the seats are also very cramped.

After reading all the glowing reviews here, I'm actually thinking of going to Inox or PVR and watching it again. Just that I'm not sure if I'll be able to see any 3D effects there also. Maybe some problem with my eyes only lol

just came back from Urvashi after watching AVATAR.... incredible is the only word to explain for this movie..

3D effects were quite decent... if we need max 3D effects then we need to go to a IMAX theatre..(unfortunately none in blore)

@pretttt.. what do u mean u did not see any 3D effects ? I watched it in Urvashi and there were many breathtaking 3D visuals.. did u have the 3D glasses ON. :D

m-jeri said:
This years top movies.. till now...

HP :HBP

Ice Age 2

Transformers 2

Up

The Twlight 2

Angels and Demons

The Hangover

Night at the museum 2

Star Trek

So none I think.

You are forgetting District 9, which many people yet claim to be the best movie of the year. Personally I preferred Star trek to District 9, Avatar I yet have to watch it, so cant comment.

Out of curiosity the list you have, is it the box office collections sort, or in general good movies, cause Twilight series is a pathetic excuse for a movie...

Aces170 said:
You are forgetting District 9, which many people yet claim to be the best movie of the year. Personally I preferred Star trek to District 9, Avatar I yet have to watch it, so cant comment.
Out of curiosity the list you have, is it the box office collections sort, or in general good movies, cause Twilight series is a pathetic excuse for a movie...

What is HBP?

Aces170 said:

BoxOffice.

District 9 may have been a hit. But I for one disliked it very much. its too yucky for me. felt honestly puking.

ss_rakesh said:
What is HalfBloodPrince?

Full form......

ok.. who do I listen to now, pretttt or redcross?

pretttt, my cousin's friend also watched the movie on Friday and he was ecstatic.How were the 3D glasses?

I agree with the cramped seats.Watched Jodha Akbar there.It was a horror watching such a long movie.

stalker said:
I agree, especially when folks get soo caught up in it, that they don't think twice about passing judgment calls on others..
I read a wonderful comment on RT regarding this :
Avatar - Movie Reviews, Trailers, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
mykalroze said:
It's the new, bizarre phenomenon, seemingly limited to Millennials, who can't allow anything to get in their way of having fun.

They fall in love with movies long before those movies come out and they can't bear to be disappointed. They get so worked up, they invest so much emotionally into a movie in the months before it comes out that being disappointed is not an option. That would just hurt too much.

Therefore, they must bash anyone or anything that dares to critique the movie of their desire and say it's something short of PERFECTION.

There's ignorance, inflexibility and a juvenile mentality also mixed in. It's really pathetic how these fanboys love a movie before they've even seen it. They must have THEIR way, and, God Forbid, a movie reviewer or blogger who's already seen it give their own opinion of it.

Even worse, these raving fanboys think they're making sense. They're just making rich people richer and doing PR work for free, all for often shoddy products.

Hollywood's sinking into an abyss because of these crazed fanboys who no longer seem to care for, oh, things like good acting, dialogue, scriptwriting, directing, etc.

I read since many days how all are in awe n love with this movie....

I really hope not to get bashed up but I didnt like it much...

Yeah given its splendid to look at its awesome with colors etc...

but this isnt Michael Bay making an action movie... like Transformers which isnt supposed to have much of a plot... or a David Dhawana movie which is mindless comedy...

may b i went with expectation that this is movie by the God .... Cameroon.... who said he is making this movie since last 11 yrs...

I was expecting some plot, some twists some strength in story rather than visual art. it has cheesy dialouges and almost no script.

it is so cheesy that material that was being mined at the planet is called UNOBTANIUM....

Na'avi were firece fighters but their joint attack in end was like toothless compared to the army. The army general in start said how deadly hunters they were. I was expecting some guerrilla war fare... ..facing guns head on sitting on horse against Mecha warriors was bordering on that thin line of bravery n stupidity. If the Tree Goddess hadnt sent the animals the attack would have ended like within matter of minutes.

May b i am dwelling in it too much but really was expecting more than visual delight. I mean this movie on a TV one day wouldnt be even half as good because visual grandeur would be missing.

You guys mentioned District 9 and Star Trek..... in my eyes they were way beyond even UP - Pixar animated was more engrossing. They would be my nominations for movie of the year along with may be The Hurt Locker.

But its just one person's opinion :)

Back