Watched Avatar today a few hours ago (technically speaking, yesterday).. As many have already mentioned, the movie can be described in one word - AWESOME.

The story is a routine one - nothing special here - but the way the entire movie was conceptualized was mindblowing. I sorely missed watching the movie in 3D. Hope the movie still runs in the halls when I visit Bangalore in a month's time.. ;)

@Chaos...

i love Graphic novels... History of Violence, Sin City, 300, V for Vendetta all were adapted brilliantly... Watchmen didnt fall in same league... after reading the GC my expectations were WAY HIGH may b

A Must Watch preferbly in 3D & in IMAX version to enjoy the breathtaking special effects,

story is ok, quite remniscent of America's Early history in which the red indians were massacred by the whites & reminds of recent america's wars in the gulf in pursuit of oil

But The special Effects make up for the above average story, cameron displays breathtaking scenes in 3d....in short....dont miss this movie!!!! ....Go Enjoy it in 3d & in IMAX & get immersed in Pandora with the Navi :)

What 's the diff between 3D and IMAX versions??? Does all the Adlabs (now big cinemas) showing it in 3D version??? I m in Mangalore and wanna see this movie, here its in Adlabs multiplex .......

antz123 said:
i love Graphic novels... History of Violence, Sin City, 300, V for Vendetta all were adapted brilliantly... Watchmen didnt fall in same league... after reading the GC my expectations were WAY HIGH may b
Watchmen cannot be adapted faithfully. Not without taking many liberties, not as a 3 hour movie anyway. It was a mighty good effort if anything.

Sin City and 300 literally read like screenplays, mustn't have required much work :p.
A History of Violence and V for Vendetta were the exemplary adaptations. No surprises that heavy liberties were taken with how events unfold.

And then there's From Hell. The book reads like a historical roadmap of London while the movie is little more than supernatural thriller.

Movies as a medium just aren't sophisticated enough. You try something too experimental and the audience will be left clueless (Mulholland Drive, Donnie Darko, etc.).

I saw the movie both in 2D and in 3D !

And personally i liked the 2D version more. Now before you all jump on to me, here me out..

I found that there was a HUUUGE difference in the kind of colors the 2D print had than the 3D print.

They were far too vivid and beautiful in the 2D version. They seemed all so washed out in the 3D one. And no it wasnt because of the glasses since it was the same even if i removed the glasses.

Enjoyed the 2D one more. . .just my 2 cents. :)

Rage starts from below of this LINE

--------------------------------------------------------

! 0 t A said:
I saw the movie both in 2D and in 3D !

And personally i liked the 2D version more. Now before you all jump on to me, here me out..

I found that there was a HUUUGE difference in the kind of colors the 2D print had than the 3D print.

They were far too vivid and beautiful in the 2D version. They seemed all so washed out in the 3D one. And no it wasnt because of the glasses since it was the same even if i removed the glasses.

Enjoyed the 2D one more. . .just my 2 cents. :)

Rage starts from below of this LINE

--------------------------------------------------------

Completely agree with you. 3D is plain crap. The movie will be very dim. No vivid colors. Apart from the 20 century fox logo and few other scenes everything looked like 2D. Watch it in IMAX or else save your money and watch in 2D.

I think you guys are onto something here.I feel the same thing.but I thought it was due to the glasses since I found the colour to be richer when I removed my glasses.Good to hear that 2D has better colour.

Hmm. Now I'm confused. We are planning to watch AVATAR in IMAX 3D. Guys who already watched the movie please confirm that its worth the money. :(

Just came back from Avatar IMAX 3D. And it was fantastic.

The goggles provided at IMAX Wadala were top notch and not those cheapo flimsy thing we got when we went to watch Ice age 3d at fame.

It was fantastic experience.

And as I suspected, the movie is playing in dome, but they are not using dome screen but newly installed curved screen. But its in the Dome theatre only.

And this movie is made for IMAX, so the print is proper IMAX print which is bigger than usual wide-screens we are used to.

Total paisa vasool at IMAX Wadala. Spend the little money extra, and watch it in IMAX 3D.

Watched it yesterday in IMAX 3D and the experience blew my friggin mind! The story is blah blah been there seen that....but the presentation and incredible visual effects are simply outta this world..

Back