PC Peripherals Avoid Transcend products!

Yeah, I also saw the notice. So if you have a defective Transcend, there is no option as Accell will not touch it.

And there is also a note from the transcend head of Asia right next to it apologizing for the same and saying they will sort it out soon.

Bought new notebook DDR RAM for my frined from prime today...Don't know whta is wrong its not getting recognised by system...Tried in both the slots...Ony the old hynix RAM is recognised which is rated at 333mhz...can someone help me?Is it time for RMA?:huh:

It is new sealed pack..please someone help me...

PS:friend called up saying he spoke to hp technican onlin&they confirmed it required DDR266mhz DDR1 RAM..so this isn't compatible..maybe need to put it on sale...

I thought I should share my experience. My 20 month old 2 GB JetRam 800 Mhz DDR2 was giving a lot of errors in Memtest86+. I took it to Delta Peripherals on Monday and the dealer there said he has to ship it to Mumbai as Accel no longer accepts Transcend products. He called someone to confirm and surprisingly he said he can get a replacement in 10 minutes. And 10 minutes later I got a new stick! OK, it was not a new stick, the date was clearly written as 15-08-2008, but who cares it passed in the memory test. So if you happen to be in Chennai, you may be able to get an instant replacement.

UPDATE:

ram i submitted is ready to be picked from accelfrontline..

almost 30 business days it took them to replace it.

guys who have been waiting for their rma status update can check now.. seems they are up and running.

i got my transcend ram replaced on the spot on 2 occasions :D.

looks like am lucky or good after sales service provided by the shop :)).

lamington road :D

sri_k said:
can anyone tell me whether accel have their office located near lamington?

it is at Tardeo..

get down at Mumbai Central railway station and ask for Commerce Center Building (AC Market) to anyone..

walking distance..10mins at max..you may take a cab if you prefer so.

once you get to commerce center..ask the watchman for where Accel frontline is located.. that is the closest route if you prefer to travel via train.

its pity for a good company like transcend
when i go to nehru place its sold mostly everywhere
my exp says that good rams like transcend and king dont easily, they are good quality ones

i don tunderstand why these buggers need so much time!

My kingston RAM blew off, and it took me about a month t get it replaced :(

One month my comp was running on 256mb (1.256 - 1) :(

So, has the situation improved, anyone had a recent experience

One can now point fingers at me saying, you bought transcend RAMS after posting others to avoid it.
TBH, I never had transcend RAMs on my mind, when i planned my upgrade. But then i got a good deal on a used stick and bought another one for a good price. So decided to take the risk for the amount saved. Plus what i got were power chips :eek:hyeah:

I would still say - avoid transcend products, unless the risk justifies the savings :p
but the 'P' series RAMs are excellent, on par with the top brands, in overclocking. I had the DDR2 types of it earlier and I could push it much more than what XMS2 and OCZ platinum ones could do

Going to give two transcend RAM sticks for RMA...whats the exact procedure for RMA,i mean do we have wrap the memory modules in some anti-static bag before giving like we do for hdd?:huh:

No, just go there, take a token. When your number is called give the mem to the guy, he takes it in and tests it. if the sticks are not physically damamged, he gives you a receipt. wait is at least 45 days.
ddr1 RMAed on May 15 was available on Jul 17.

just submitted a external hdd for replacement and the guy was atleast 45 days ..WTF

do they give the same crap service in US/EU ????? seriously this is shit ....

also got a hp usb-drive replaced in 5 mins :)

On accel Site when i check for transcend ram status.
Replacement item status shows In-transit for Call based Transfer..
What does it mean.. Is my ram ready to collect
I had submitted my ram for RMA on 23 aug..

Never had problems with transcend products. . Have 1+1+2 gig value jet rams. . Bought the 2gig recently a month back for 2k with tax. Registered the product have life time warrenty now. .

Back