Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

Is anyone facing BSOD or game crash while playing SP. I am still on the unpatched version. It seems to take forever to update. And just now, I got a "file not found", from the damn updated. What the heck..\

Also, this patch, is it for game stability or something else.

Got to play this game yesterday. Its definitely a better game than MW2 technologically, and game play wise (minus the storyline in single player), but I don't see how people are comparing it the graphical quality of crysis. Its no where close to the graphics of crysis and even if I bring the FPS trade off into the equation, I think BC2 still falls short. I think its a typical console port to PC and the areas which lack detail are the same ones where trade off's are done for consoles due to their limited hardware.

So true, Lord Nemesis.

And, asingh, I faced difficulties while patching my game too. It only got patched on the 3rd or the 4th try.

And as far as your BSODs and crashings are concerned, it might be coz of the game not being patched or possibly partially patched. You might wanna try using just one of your 4890s for this game. It will actually yield you >60 FPS at 1920x1080 with 2xAA and everything high and HBAO off........

hector19 said:
Where can i get the game in BANGALORE :( Paarshant = shippin time :( Bangalore = Same day Game :p any store ?

paarshant = Ready stock + discount. (You will get game in 1~2 days) Bangalore = Find shop which has stock and buy at full MRP (Time and money wasted) :p

Oh yes, i got my copy from praashant in about 2 days of payment acknowledgement :)
asingh said:
Is anyone facing BSOD or game crash while playing SP. I am still on the unpatched version. It seems to take forever to update. And just now, I got a "file not found", from the damn updated. What the heck..\
Also, this patch, is it for game stability or something else.
asingh.. You might as well download the patch separately and then install it once the vanilla BC2 is installed.

Link : Click here for BC2 Patch

I got my game from nextworld.in within 20 hours of making payment. it's a bit costlier than prashaant though but still less than the MRP. It is for 950 (+40 for shipping). I used 69 of my reward points and got it for 921 including shipping.

For people who can't update, keep trying. You will succeed in 4-5 attempts.

|Anish| said:
asingh.. You might as well download the patch separately and then install it once the vanilla BC2 is installed.

|Anish| said:
Its ~262MB in size. Download it from IPTorrents if you have an account.

Ok, I downloaded the patch via the torrent. It is 262MB. When I un-rarred it, I get the following folders: Dist, Package, BFBC2Game.exe, InstallationData.xml, and rld.dll. Should I just paste these into the installation directory of the game, and let these override. Sorry to be a noob here. Thanks.

saumilsingh said:
How does the multiplayer component of BC2 run on 9800GT level GPUs and A64 X2 4800+ level CPUs at high resolutions with atleast 2xAA and 8xAF?
High resolution = ?

I'm completed it on my HD4850 @1920x1080 with 2X AA and 16X AF minus SSAO and it was around 50-60fps. It drops when there are huge explosions and heavy physics rendering sequences. So I'd assume in multiplayer, this may prove to be a problem by 9800GT standards.

Lord Nemesis said:
paarshant = Ready stock + discount. (You will get game in 1~2 days) Bangalore = Find shop which has stock and buy at full MRP (Time and money wasted) :p

1-2 days wait :( thats wat i dont want :( :S :no: :huh:

saumilsingh said:
How does the multiplayer component of BC2 run on 9800GT level GPUs and A64 X2 4800+ level CPUs at high resolutions with atleast 2xAA and 8xAF?

I am having a blast playing this game on the system in my signature. I play both single and multiplayer in native resolution. Never checked the fps though.

hector19 said:
1-2 days wait :( thats wat i dont want :( :S :no: :huh:

Its retailing at those stores which sell original DVDs/VCDs/Music. I picked my copy from there. Am sure a big metro like Bangalore has places like that.

Back