Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Finally! I have been roaming around maps for two hours not knowing the exact details of the UI, and only vaguely knowing the objective, but still managing to get a few points and kills in the process. :)

But the game looks a bit crap on auto settings. How can I get it to look best on my 5870 + Phenom II 1090T?

Put everything on Ultra except Anti Aliasing deferred and at 1080P you wont need AA too. Keep MSAA to around 2X or 4X. More performance is required in MP.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I just got Airtel and am pinging 30-40ms to all India BF3 servers. And this has made a huge difference to my gameplay. I have started getting more kills than deaths for a change.

Hey guys, i am selling my bf3 limited edition region free origin account for Rs. 700. If anyone interested then do let me know! Recommended for those who want to try out MP!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Pretty simple once you get the hang of it or have played fighter sims before.

W and S for throttle, Shift key for after burner, up arrow key to pitch down , down key to pitch up, left and right to bank. When you turn, bank gently for gradual turns or bank 90deg and pitch up for steep turns. I don't think jets stall in BF3 so one less thing to worry about.

The locking on targets is where I suck.

And I find tanks challenging because they are sluggish and difficult to manouvere

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

I love tanks... Fire.. Get down... Repair... Get in... fire :)
quixand said:

W and S for throttle, Shift key for after burner, up arrow key to pitch down , down key to pitch up, left and right to bank. When you turn, bank gently for gradual turns or bank 90deg and pitch up for steep turns. I don't think jets stall in BF3 so one less thing to worry about.

And I find tanks challenging because they are sluggish and difficult to manouvere

baccilus said:
[...] I just got Airtel and am pinging 30-40ms to all India BF3 servers. And this has made a huge difference to my gameplay. I have started getting more kills than deaths for a change.
I also have Airtel but I'm in chennai, I get less pings to singapore servers than Indian ones :'( I wish there could be a chennai server.

Alias said:
Dammit! Jet flying is so hard!

quixand said:

I would say there are 3 steep learning curves. one is to properly fly, another for finding where the enemy is, finally to shoot properly something into the target. but once you master it, at least 2 engis or equally capable pilot needed to bring the jet down. it seems jets don't stall but i got stalled a few times when climbing vertically very high with afterburner... dunno if it was the jammer of pro pilots.

I have just become comfortable with flying, mapped the space bar key for pitching up.. became easier to take steep turns without totally disturbing the mouse.

chiragsthakur said:
I love tanks... Fire.. Get down... Repair... Get in... fire :)

I love tanks... when they run into my mines :bleh:

_

It was your bad day against me yesterday...Killed you almost 5 times :) ;) In tehran highway
DigitalDude said:
I love tanks... when they run into my mines :bleh:

_

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Type INDIA in server filter and you will be able to see Indian servers.
kvikram said:
My origin ID is kvikram.

Can I get the IPs of some Indian servers?

DigitalDude said:
I would say there are 3 steep learning curves. one is to properly fly, another for finding where the enemy is, finally to shoot properly something into the target. but once you master it, at least 2 engis or equally capable pilot needed to bring the jet down. it seems jets don't stall but i got stalled a few times when climbing vertically very high with afterburner... dunno if it was the jammer of pro pilots.

I have just become comfortable with flying, mapped the space bar key for pitching up.. became easier to take steep turns without totally disturbing the mouse.

Oh yeah I don't use the mouse while flying. Makes things simpler :)

New Graphics Drivers for BF3

Here are the latest graphics drivers for Battlefield 3 supported by AMD and GeForce.

Nvidia: 285.79 Beta (released today)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.79-beta-driver.html [nvidia.com]

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-285.79-beta-driver.html [nvidia.com]

AMD: 11.10

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx [sites.amd.com]

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx [sites.amd.com]

If you are using Crossfire also install 11.9 CAP4 (Crossfire Application Profile):

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx [sites.amd.com]

Back