Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Don' add only India. Select all the countries in regio Asia.

Singapore servers have really good pings (in 90s for me) and there are hell lot of .sg servers

It must be your isp then. I am using mtnl (del) and my ping on Indian servers is below 50 sometimes even in20s and ping for Singapore servers iis below 100.

What isp are you using?

God, All the Indian servers need B2K expansion
<

Why on earth would you not have that? It's amazing.

I've been trying to browse this topic for the past 2 hours to find if any of you guys are having issues with bf3 crashing, and have been doing so for the past 2 weeks in the battlelog forums and bf3 forums, but none of the solutions worked out for me. can any of you guide me if you have faced such issues and resolved it? BF3 is crashing after about 5-10 mins of play, be it SP or MP or coop.

My config is

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 810

GPU - Powercolor HD6850(bought recently to play to start playing BF3 and other upcoming games)

RAM - 4GB Corsair XMS2 (DDR2)

PSU - Tagan TG500-u37

I assume you have applied all the relevant updates? Graphics card drivers, Punkbuster, Windows etc etc? If yes, search the Bad Company 2 in this forum. I had a similar problem, game crashing with looping audio. Fixed by buying a cheap sound card. What error message are you getting Battlelog after it crashes?

Is there a specific windows update that is required or just the regular updates as such? my graphics card drivers are updated and punkbuster is installed.

It says battlefield 3 has stopped working. there's an event with exception code [font=Arial, sans-serif]0xc0000005.[/font]

Honestly I don't think Windows update is needed. Did you try this?

1. Go to your BF3 installation folder, where u will b able 2 c the trailing "TM" symbol. Just remove it. ( So Battlefieldâ„¢ => Battlefield ).

2. Now open regedit ( in run -> regedit ) and go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node\EA Games

Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to E:\Program Files\Battlefield 3\Battlefield 3 – again removing ™ ( your installation folder may b different, so note that first).

3. Reboot the system. ( i am not sure if its needed, but i did
biggrin.png
)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-COH7N9zw[/media]

i didn't update punkbuster manually, but i'll try that as well. Thanks for the tips. I'll go home and try them out and pray that they fix the crash.

Thanks for the help. i've completed 2 co-op missions without any crash just now. I just update punkbuster manually and that was it. Thanks again!! Can you post your origin ids so that i can also join mp games. my origin id is arabha123.

This is REALLY RIDICULOUS - From Gamespy -

"Recently, a number of Battlefield 3 players found themselves dishonorably discharged from service without any explanation. So they piped up on the game's official forums and got quite the enlightening response. Just not from DICE. Anonpbspoofer, a junior member of game hacking site Artificial Aiming wrote in a forum post:

"We are bringing back the unerring of punkbuster for a 3rd season." We have selected ggc-stream as the target since they have the most streaming bf3 servers and makes it very easy to add fake bans. In 2011 we hit them with a mass ban wave and now were are banning real players from battlelog while ggc-stream is totally unaware. We have framed 150+ bf3 players alone."

The goal? To protest PunkBuster's inclusion in Battlefield 3. You could be forgiven, though, for thinking anonpbspoofer is taking aim at the wrong target.

As a result, Artificial Aiming has distanced itself from what it's now labeled a rogue member lashing out alone. "This has nothing to do with AA," a staffer wrote. "The person who posted the first link is a junior member here."

EA, meanwhile, is "aware" of PunkBuster problems, but doesn't seem quite ready to acknowledge the banhammer-wielding menace. EA explained in a statement to Kotaku:

"We are aware that some Battlefield 3 players are experiencing connection issues with PunkBuster enabled servers. This problem is limited to a small subset of players on PC and will not impact players on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. We are actively looking into the specifics of this issue and we are confident that we will have a permanent solution in place shortly."

"In the meantime, if a player's connectivity has been affected, we recommend that in the interim they join servers that are not running PunkBuster. There is a filter setting for this in the multiplayer server browser."

So that's where we're at for now. Why, I ask you, does real-life vigilante "justice" always have to blow up in everyone's faces? I'm thinking it's either the lack of a high-tech bat costume or, you know, that other thing: brains."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in effect, EA/Dice expect us to play on non-pb enabled servers!? The very same servers that are possibly filled with people who hack without worry or concern about PB!? That sounds REALLY smart. Unbelievable......

Back