BSNL 3G Thread

But from where you'll get unlimited 3g. The only way to get new unlimited 3g as of now is MTNL Delhi. Purchase an MTNL delhi sim and use it anywhere in India with zero roaming charges.

Bought a 7.2 mbps unlocked reliance 3g modem for 1.7 from a small shop,now getting around 200-250kBps from public torrents.Should improve after 11 pm.One question,any alternative to MDMA for mac?

ggt said:
I am wondering with the 6 months plan now withdrawn why are people asking for the bsnl card to be used in mumbai?

From what I have read, MTNL mumbai is capping speeds for their own customers! And also BSNL and MTNL are the only options for affordable 3G plans at the moment.

Will prolly go for either of them and will opt for 250 Rs., 500 MB Plan. Anything over that would cost a rupee per MB. So that's fine!

One more stupid thing from BSNL.
I recharged with the 98RCV for 2GB GPRS/1 month validity on 2 jan 2011.
After that I recharged with the Rs197 Top Up for 3G data. (My main validity is 30 July 2011) This top up shd give me additional 500MB usage at 3G speeds. I used only 60MB. Today when my GPRS pack expired it is charging me for data usage. This 197 top up was done on 22 Jan 2011.
What abt the 500 MB ????
I am not even willing to call the BSNL helpline... coz I know even if I get connected it would be a hell explaining them my issue :mad: :mad:

Ok so i probably have to go outside the country for >6 months. Now i have a BSNL 3g sim with 2.5K plan, So what i wanted to knw was is it safe to sell this since i wont be able to use this at all :( ...

Re: BSNL Launches Full Value 3G Combo Plans

bigbyte said:
In an attempt to provide greater benefits to the 3 G mobile service users, the all new Anytime Anywhere 3 G Call and Data Usage Combo Plans works best for mobile phone users who need both 3 G voice, Video and high-speed data connectivity. The plan offers customers a combination of Voice minutes, SMS and 3 G data usage, with Full Value of Money as well as simplicity & transparency in both Postpaid and Prepaid.

2nvzfqv.jpg

Source: BSNL Launches Full Value 3G Combo Plans
Tried to recharge (not Top Up) with the 331 plan given above. I entered the Recharge amount as 331 but it failed giving a message as Invalid Denomination.
Either these plans have not yet started in Maharashtra or the denomination is not exactly 331 as the Note 5 mentions.
Cancelled my plan to port to BSNL from Reliance. Going for Vodafone now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

apextwin146 said:
Ok so i probably have to go outside the country for >6 months. Now i have a BSNL 3g sim with 2.5K plan, So what i wanted to knw was is it safe to sell this since i wont be able to use this at all :( ...
NEVER sell your sim cards ... or share Internet connections with others for earning/saving little cash.
few years back there was a heavy shortage of BSNL sims in Maharashtra and they were going for a high premium. A local shopkeeper in my town sold few sim cards to unknown ppl at premium rates thinking that since they are prepaid it was safe. But a few months later he was arrested in connection of a murder. Guess what... the guy whom he sold his card was someway involved in that crime but by SIM records the police reached him....

Guys, any network engineer here who works in gsm/umts networks or in switch? Is there any way these qos can be forbidden? I'm afraid bsnl can do that if people starts to show MDMA snapshot and after that no way we can know about these speed cappings :(

Sent from my Desire HD

Supra said:
@raksrules--- The version of Mobile Partner which comes inside the modem is outdated and is known to give issues. Uninstall Mobile Partner and the driver of UMG 1831 via device manager and restart.

Install latest version of Mobile Partner or T-Mobile Webconnect Manager (which comes with driver).

http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/UMG1831/dashboard/Mobile_Partner_UTPS11.302.09.00.03.zip

FileDownload

Optional Firmware Update :

FileDownload
@Supra and all, just a nooB question: :(
My mobile partner version is 11.030.01.04.03. Can I update to newer version? Do I have to download the first one or do I have to download all the three mentioned here?

Just got the replaced modem.Testing it with Aircel EDGE as i gave my BSNL 3g sim to friend.modem came with mobile partner and it was in Pink colour box with T-mobile partner written on it unlike the modem that i got first one which came with T-mobile software and a different colour box. waiting for my friend to get back my 3G sim. will update soon ..Got my usb cable too which i ordered.its working great with the modem.

Update : Got my 3g sim .. works as charm ! the modem came with 11.826.03.01.420 firmware as its working great unlike my previous modem came with 11.831.03.01.420 which had disconnections.so now i get it why disconnections happened.the latest firmware was the prick.

Happy with the Firmware that came with the modem :D

Here are few initial tests of my connection (BSNL 3G) :

adffdafd.png

szfdz.png

red dragon said:
Bought a 7.2 mbps unlocked reliance 3g modem for 1.7 from a small shop,now getting around 200-250kBps from public torrents.Should improve after 11 pm.One question,any alternative to MDMA for mac?
Which city bro ?

Saw 7.2Mbps Rim modem @2600/- at their website.....:S

Which City Bro...Also did you geta USB Cable from Ebay...Are you using it to place the modem near the window.

funkykid said:
Just got the replaced modem.Testing it with Aircel EDGE as i gave my BSNL 3g sim to friend.modem came with mobile partner and it was in Pink colour box with T-mobile partner written on it unlike the modem that i got first one which came with T-mobile software and a different colour box. waiting for my friend to get back my 3G sim. will update soon ..Got my usb cable too which i ordered.its working great with the modem.

Update : Got my 3g sim .. works as charm ! the modem came with 11.826.03.01.420 firmware as its working great unlike my previous modem came with 11.831.03.01.420 which had disconnections.so now i get it why disconnections happened.the latest firmware was the prick.
Happy with the Firmware that came with the modem :D

Here are few initial tests of my connection (BSNL 3G) :
adffdafd.png

szfdz.png

Back