BSNL 3G Thread

Revolution said:
Which city bro ?

Saw 7.2Mbps Rim modem @2600/- at their website.....:S

Kolkata,mate!Near Jadavpur station,actually went to the nearby telephone exchange,but they were out of stock,a guy there told me to get it from that shop.

OK,guys.It is a small shop near Jadavpur railway station,I don`t even remember the shop`s name,will have to check the bill.The shopkeeper is probably not a dealer,he has some reliance,vodafone and bsnl modems,not sure about 21mbps ,the bsnl ones were selling for 2450,vodafone and reliance were priced lower.

The BSNL network in Pune seems to have recovered from the hiccups, but the speed caps are still problem. On torrents got an average speed of 150 KBPs, with peaks ranging from 80 kBps to 250 KBps.

Speedtest consistently maxes out at 2mbps because of speed caps.

I think the speeds are being capped in Bangalore also since the past few days. Am getting constant 170-180 kBps nowadays :( Any other Bangaloreans can confirm?

red dragon said:
OK,guys.It is a small shop near Jadavpur railway station,I don`t even remember the shop`s name,will have to check the bill.The shopkeeper is probably not a dealer,he has some reliance,vodafone and bsnl modems,not sure about 21mbps ,the bsnl ones were selling for 2450,vodafone and reliance were priced lower.
It would be very helpful if u can find some more info,I mean shop name or exact location.....:)

Yesterday,went to Rim main office at ParkStreet.

The official price for Huawei E173 modem is Rs.2599/- and u must have to take Rim postpaid connection.....:mad:

So,@1700/- it is a very nice deal,just u have to make sure the modem is working perfectly cos I don't think Rim or the shopkeeper will provide any warranty.....

The modem I bought is ZTE MF190,it is the same modem marketed by bsnl as beetel.The name of the shop is Symphony,it is in Jadavpur station road.With mac it was heating up a lot,the dialer provided by reliance is probably not optimized.

@revolution .. Why don't you purchase a Vodafone 3g modem from Vodafone stor for Rs.1800/-. It's a ZTE make 7.2mbps quad band 2g triband 3g modem. You can unlock it either by downloading some software off internet or some shopkeeper will do it locally for a fee.

bigbyte said:
@revolution .. Why don't you purchase a Vodafone 3g modem from Vodafone stor for Rs.1800/-. It's a ZTE make 7.2mbps quad band 2g triband 3g modem. You can unlock it either by downloading some software off internet or some shopkeeper will do it locally for a fee.
AFAIK vodafone modem

doesnt cost 1800

is not Zte

does not support 7.2mbps

is locked with further hassles of unlocking/bricking

I might be wrong though...

:)

Has BSNL stopped all the free data offers? Today my friend got 3G SIM and activated with 56 FRC. As a freebie he got only 2000 sms and no 200 MB free data :(

Back