BSNL 3G Thread

kandissa said:
I am also facing disconnect problem in Pune. In fact I did not get connected even once since 6 pm. It is error 619 or 628 always.
Yes yesterday night too i was not able to connect. Was using default windows dailer and it got stuck on "registering your computer on the network"

Yup, was facing same problem in Mumbai also, using MTNL mumbai network on BSNL sim, but later it was alright. Speed caps remains though.

Promotional offers for all new activations under 2G & 3G mobile services

i) Prepaid

a) Free talk value- 100% of MRP of all FRCs under 2G & 3G mobile service.

b) Increase in free data usage from existing 50 MB to 200 MB under 2G mobile and from 200 MB to 500 MB under 3G mobile service.

ii) Postpaid

a) 50% discount/rebate in the FMC for the first month under 2G & 3G mobile service.

The above promotional tariff will be available from 07.02.2011 to 31.03.2011.

red dragon said:
The modem I bought is ZTE MF190,it is the same modem marketed by bsnl as beetel.The name of the shop is Symphony,it is in Jadavpur station road.With mac it was heating up a lot,the dialer provided by reliance is probably not optimized.
Yesterday went to that shop.
But,they show me ZTE MF190 from Rim and told that it is for 2600/-....:S
I asked them if they got any cheaper option but they told that it is one and only model they got.

Revolution said:
Yesterday went to that shop.

But,they show me ZTE MF190 from Rim and told that it is for 2600/-....:S

I asked them if they got any cheaper option but they told that it is one and only model they got.
Ditto

Went there last week

2600 for 1831 is a better deal

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the speeds on BSNL 3g are really SH1TTY in Kolkata

70KBPS is really disgusting...

babhishek said:
Ditto

Went there last week

2600 for 1831 is a better deal

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the speeds on BSNL 3g are really SH1TTY in Kolkata

70KBPS is really disgusting...
really I was surprised .. my sis bought the micromax modem + prepaid SIM .... and got the 2GB limited pack .. I laughed it off as with 3G Speeds the 2GB limit seems so less ... but I want to her place day before yesterday and damn the AVG. Speed was 44kbps :( . It sucks ,even when 3G tower is in full reception.

Since the 3G offer is no more valid, the closest unlimited wireless plan is EVDO. This was launched a while back and I don't see many users. I want feedbacks from the existing EVDO users.

Thanks in Advance :)

3g is working absolutely fine now in blore getting around 400kbps! thank god we are back on track

yes its more or less fixed now :D

Got a call from a BSNL Karnataka head office aunty if "All iz well" now...seems they have belted Huawei people to get it fixed...it some some SGSN limit issues on the BTS Software side and limit is being upgraded to 100 Mbps from Huawei side :D...seems older limit was 10-14 Mbps :O for a whole BTS/tower

Supra said:
yes its more or less fixed now :D
Got a call from a BSNL Karnataka head office aunty if "All iz well" now...seems they have belted Huawei people to get it fixed...it some some SGSN limit issues on the BTS Software side and limit is being upgraded to 100 Mbps from Huawei side :D...seems older limit was 10-14 Mbps :O for a whole BTS/tower

:clap::clap: india shining

For me its total opposite:(...Speed was awesome till 2 days back but now I am getting less than 20-30 kbps download speeds compared to 600 KBPS earlier.

Talked to Supra and come to know that they are doing some upgrades...hopefully this gets fixed soon

sabby said:
Since the 3G offer is no more valid, the closest unlimited wireless plan is EVDO. This was launched a while back and I don't see many users. I want feedbacks from the existing EVDO users.

sumatrix
Re: BSNL Slashes 3G Data Pricing

@ Sabby :in my opinion and experience EVDo is El Crapo.its too unstable

I am using EVDO and i find it great.. get an average speed of around 2 Mbps on torrents and for 750 PM, its not that bad..

sabby said:

EVDO is very good in some cities and just pathetic in others.
For me in my city bhopal we have just one tower for it and i used to get pathetic speeds like 15-30kBps.
My advise see how it works in your area specially near or at the place you wish to use it.
Otherwise better go for 3G :)

EV-DO highly depends on tower proximity and signals. I have been using EV-Do since 2008. At my home i get always 1500+ Kbps bcoz tower is less than 300 mtrs away. while when i roam in and around city during daytime i get hardly 300-500 Kbps. :(
where as in 3G it is completely reverse. anywhere in city if you get 3G signal. you get 2 Mbps. Guaranteed !!! I mean it.Guaranteed !!!
thats the reason i m not switching to 3G coz in 3G they dont have 750 wala plan anymore.

Back