BSNL 3G Thread

^^

u mean the micro sim thingy?.

Saw there is a adapter for micro sims. that is micro to normal ones. Will that be enough?

And what abt the Blackberry plans?..

SpaceVoid said:
Oops ..BB = blackberry. I misread it as broadband plans :p

Yes for a ipad plan you need to get a different sim.The ipad data plans wont work on normal 3g sims.They are sort of locked.I was wondering if we could get the sim and cut out some packing from the blank sim plastic and use the combo in the usb modem. Will it work ? I have no idea. :p
You sure about that? I remember reading Supra's post few pages back that he successfully recharged the BB UL Plan few months back.

Micros sim is actually cut from the main sim:) (no provider in India gives microsims as of now AFAIK).

Once u cut the sim to a micro sim; the cut part acts as a adapter and can be used to have the sim work on phones/devices requiring the bigger SIM

I have a iphone4 which uses micro SIM and this is how I manage switching b/n devices/handsets

m-jeri said:
^^

u mean the micro sim thingy?.

Saw there is a adapter for micro sims. that is micro to normal ones. Will that be enough?

And what abt the Blackberry plans?..

ahh... so thats just the "cut" part. :S. *facepalm*

So abt the BBerry UL plans/ipad... can i do that?

or do i need to own those devices?.. :S..

@varkey ... I read it about ipad microsims only. BB data plans should work on normal sim. I m going to try for BB data plan once my 2500 recharge runs out.

@mjeri ... yes Vercetti explained it nicely.

vercetti said:
Micros sim is actually cut from the main sim:) (no provider in India gives microsims as of now AFAIK).

MicroSim is available with Vodafone and BSNL ATM. BSNL charges extra for microSim and it may not be readily available.

bigbyte said:
The combo plans details are avialble on BSNL website.

:: BSNL 3G ::

See section 3.2.4

I will try the 300RCV combo plan again today. really good if it starts working.

Has anyone used any of the new combo plans in MH??

Thanks @bigbyte for the link. They seem to have updated the page. Saw it few days back it was not there.

Strangely the 3UL plans are still shown on that page :tongue:

Also they have updated the rates for 3G modems in the last section of the page.

After reading this shocking news that all UL plans on 3G is going to be stopped...i went to the exchange to confirm...they said nothing like that is coming all UL plans are still available....hope what they saying is true lol.

@Sam000 :Welcome to the Babu and Aunty world of BSNL :) :)

Dont believe them.... If their site says the plans are stopped they are stopped....

Other wise also the vendors who maintain their network were insisting hard that BSNL controls the speed and amount of data for each user if the 3G services need to run smoothly and cater maximum people without upgrades.

why we make such long buzz for such things , whenever we do that all goes messed up .

like 3G giving 2 or 3 mbps speed & some lucky with more than 5 mbps , we just can't keep it ourselves & all run to wash hands in mbps river & finally speed barrier came ineffect around 2 mbps .

just keep finger crossed , wait till your 3 month or 6 month UL expire , go nearby CSC & quietly try to do same UL recharge . If it works , come home & start your downloads again .

onlyravi said:
MicroSim is available with Vodafone and BSNL ATM. BSNL charges extra for microSim and it may not be readily available.

Correct.

I will try the 300RCV combo plan again today. really good if it starts working.

Strangely the 3UL plans are still shown on that page :tongue:
Actually it is 331 RCV not 300, and UL plans are shown since these are still valid (till 18th). The promotional plans with validity are still shown though they are no longer valid.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sam000 said:
After reading this shocking news that all UL plans on 3G is going to be stopped...i went to the exchange to confirm...they said nothing like that is coming all UL plans are still available....hope what they saying is true lol.
Yes, coz they are still available. As per the news they will be discontinued from 18th.

sam000 said:
They are unaware of the withdrawn/revised 3g/2g plans. No More Unlimited GPRS & 3G Data Plans From BSNL news is true and will be on by 18.02.11. Horrible step from BSNL, IMO.

virus32win said:
They are unaware of the withdrawn/revised 3g/2g plans. No More Unlimited GPRS & 3G Data Plans From BSNL news is true and will be on by 18.02.11. Horrible step from BSNL, IMO.
well if things start getting missued like people doing 300gb in a month and other crying for bandwidth well this was coming so they did it

onlyravi said:
@Sam000 :Welcome to the Babu and Aunty world of BSNL :) :)
Dont believe them.... If their site says the plans are stopped they are stopped....
The info about the new plan is available on bsnl site itself ? can you please post the link thank you :)

At least you guys living in big cities have other options but people like me in rural areas are ****ed :(

For me the offer runs out in 83 days.I still dont want to believe this news :no:

sam000 said:
The info about the new plan is available on bsnl site itself ? can you please post the link thank you :)

At least you guys living in big cities have other options but people like me in rural areas are ****ed :(

For me the offer runs out in 83 days.I still dont want to believe this news :no:
sad but true as if not being misused might be on for long but when things meant for something and used for something else cause these kind of outcome

Back