BSNL 3G Thread

^^ Section : 3.2.4 3G Combo Data Plan on :: BSNL 3G ::

I will wait as I have done the 197 top up last week.

And @Sam000 its not only rural areas in Cities also you will find many many areas where no wireline BB is available. even BSNL drives u away giving lame excuses.

3G is really good. Carry with you always, use anywhere and if roaming is free like BSNL had; then use in any state. Thats great.

Good for even those who have to change their homes / travel freq.

In prepaid there is a Rs19 RCV which gives 6months validity no talktime like wise in 3G data also BSNL shd introduce one.

BTW, if I have validity in my main account and no data balance/ validity left in any dedicated account, can I just recharge with Rs.197 and get 500mb of data. I guess that should be possible as the data recharge vouchers increases the validity for both main and dedicated accounts.

^^ No This wont work.

As the 197 is a top up you need to have some 3G data base plan for that to top up the existing plan.

What I do is recharge with the 98 GPRS pack which has 1 month validity and then do the 197 topup at the same time.

Sadly this is a bug on BSNL side but cant help it. They should allow only the 197 topup with out any other data recharge.

I tried this on my mobile which is a 2G sim and has 3G activated. Not sure about the 3G sims.

blackberry plans look interesting. Anyone using Blackberry services with BSNL ?? I might switch to BSNL if the BIS service is good with 3G.

So in 999 unlimited plan i can have Internet access and emails and also tethering.

currently i am paying 299 for BIS with vodafone for email and chat and 650 Rs for BSNL EV-DO for downloading. 950/- :(

I have a query. In Shillong, the BSNL babus don't help us get the plans which is available on BSNL website. They have a list of their own. For example, when the whole country was enjoying the 4200/- plan for 6 months unlimited, I had to shell out Rs. 1499/- per month as the BSNL babus refused that such a plan existed. Tomorrow, I will be recharging my sim for 1 month unlimited. As I am understanding, there is a 999/- plan for unlimited 3G data on the iPad. I don't see why it wont work on a normal USB stick. So if I ask the babus of BSNL to recharge for 999/-, will it automatically work for UL 3G data or am I missing something here? Help will be appreciated.

archat68 said:
^^No - you don't. Just do a recharge of the said amount - not top-up.

So no need to apply for another sim? i can use my current sim by just recharging Rs 999? please confirm.

hA1d3R said:
The private operators must have bribed someone at BSNL.
me too thinks so....but why did they leave the IPAD UL plan untouched then?

babloos said:
i got msg 999 ul plan

whrere u from mate?

]

babhishek said:
life is simpler

just recharge with 999 done!
has anyone done this? please reply.

SumitB said:
I have a query. In Shillong, the BSNL babus don't help us get the plans which is available on BSNL website. They have a list of their own. For example, when the whole country was enjoying the 4200/- plan for 6 months unlimited, I had to shell out Rs. 1499/- per month as the BSNL babus refused that such a plan existed. Tomorrow, I will be recharging my sim for 1 month unlimited. As I am understanding, there is a 999/- plan for unlimited 3G data on the iPad. I don't see why it wont work on a normal USB stick. So if I ask the babus of BSNL to recharge for 999/-, will it automatically work for UL 3G data or am I missing something here? Help will be appreciated.
You don't have to visit a CSC for recharging. Visit any local recharge shops and ask him to do a 'Recharge' for the exact amount ( NOT Topup ).

varkey said:
You don't have to visit a CSC for recharging. Visit any local recharge shops and ask him to do a 'Recharge' for the exact amount ( NOT Topup ).
Thanks. I will do it tomorrow :)

One more question. Suppose I have no balance on the SIM. How much would I need before this 3G thing can work? Validity is till the end of the month.

I am not sure but I still think that the Ipad and BlackBerry plans may have "some" kind of limitation/ restriction than the old 1499 UL plans. Either the speeds must be capped or something else but not sure what....

They are dumb but not so much that they dont realize that they are providing same plan with multiple rates....

Something is hidden here... not sure what and nor has BSNL openly written anything anywhere....

But Anyways now the speeds seem to be capped in all big cities.... even here in Pune...

Any tips / links / DIY on home made Antennas... the steel bowl trick is not helping much..... :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Got this in last few minutes.... signals around -83 to -95dbm.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1160221477.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1160223425.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1160228891.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1160231092.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1160232155.png
with peaks going upto 4.1mbps for a few seconds.
I hav to hang the modem in my kitchen window to get this speeds. So i m looking for ways to make a home made antenna for my E122. The ones on ebay are insanely costly....

Back