BSNL 3G Thread

Just visited my place in interiors of central Maharashtra. I was getting more than 3mbps.(75-97ms ping) I was there for 5 days and never did I face speed issues. I think its just because there only a handful pf ppl use 3G. And prolly I am the only one to use a 3G USB modem...

I was feeling like to stay there for more duration just coz of the good 3G speeds. Back in Pune today.

Lets hope what @Supra has said is true in Pune also. All the best to myself and all Punekars using 3G ... lol

In Pune there are speed issues due to congestion. But in my town it was working superb. Infact here also in evening or till morning 10am I get good speeds with BT / IDM. Surfing or speedtest is not always good.

I would really like to be the lucky BSNL 3G customer who is getting good speeds... fingers crossed...

Lets hope like b'lore they have increased their bandwidth in Pune also... and soon they will also upgrade to 7.2 mbps before my 6months are over in June.

Guys please dont blindly trust these sites. Last time some one had sourced new plans of BSNL for 3G, voice, sms and VDO calls. Those plans are still not available. In that source it was written effective from 1st Feb 2011. When I recharged with the Rs300rcv it gave a error message of invalid denomination.

If BSNL has really changed the plans or something they do update it on some section of their site. (Only thing they are really good at).

Either in the press releases or new tariffs or new offers.

Again : I am not claiming that all sources are invalid/ wrong. Its just that they are not true always :)

^^ Damn unfortunate....this is what happens when you allow cailtalists like Airtel, Reliance in our economy....I hope the ipad/BB plans will still be active...will take a pospaid plan before 18th which will make sure I will be on same plan for at least next 6 months :(

@onlyravi---- Telecomtalk news is allmost all times true....u dont see the older plan yet on BSNL site but its already effective in Karnataka....and ya u can take UL is over now officially from 18th ! Whoever didn't take UL 3G are screwed now....I know lot of ppl here on TE screamed it will continue.....now u guys r screwed for ever :D...we can download like hell till May or so :D

Couldn't agree more with you @Supra.

I am really happy I went for this plan soon. I insisted a lot to 2 of my cousins to buy this plans. They use BSNL BB 750plan in which their BB is not working most of the time. Last week when I was at home their mouths were watering after they saw the 3G power. I downloaded a game in couple of hours which they would keep the machine on for almost a week. But sadly it was late... now they have taken the 999 plans. Dunno how long they can enjoy it.

Once the UL plans are out one thing is sure that we will get good speeds now. But I think later on in some or the other form BSNL will start the UL plans again... maybe after 8-10 months... if they are hit by the competition. I know this is evil but I seriously feel like laughing at those who ignored this plan expecting better offers to follow.....

^^ Err how come...not within next 6-8 mnths for sure :p

Of cuz BSNL babus got their pocket full from Private operators...how will Airtel/Vodafone/Docomo 3G survive with BSNL on UL plans...like US which have no 3G UL plans...I dont see any more UL 3G plans from any operator from now on....only thing that will happen is that the limit will be increased quarter after quarter....so may be 10 years down the line expect FUP/limit of 100GB which we download now in a week or two :p

onlyravi said:
Guys please dont blindly trust these sites. Last time some one had sourced new plans of BSNL for 3G, voice, sms and VDO calls. Those plans are still not available. In that source it was written effective from 1st Feb 2011. When I recharged with the Rs300rcv it gave a error message of invalid denomination.
If BSNL has really changed the plans or something they do update it on some section of their site. (Only thing they are really good at).
Either in the press releases or new tariffs or new offers.
Again : I am not claiming that all sources are invalid/ wrong. Its just that they are not true always :)
Supra said:
@onlyravi---- Telecomtalk news is allmost all times true....u dont see the older plan yet on BSNL site but its already effective in Karnataka.

The combo plans details are avialble on BSNL website.
:: BSNL 3G ::
See section 3.2.4

so there is no 3g UL plans..??

My 3 month plan comes to an end this month.. :(... sucks.. :)

what abt some BB plan or something?

Mine too ends on march 12 ... gonna make good use of it.

Would it have killed them if they kept the UL plans even at 1500 a piece,I could have taken it intermittently when the need arises.That ipad offer @999 seems good but for that one needs a new connection,dont know if we have to shown them the bloody ipad for their background check to issue the microsim.

Anybody here who has gone for the ipad microsim ? alongwith 999 offer ?

??

BB got a ~900 plan and so does ipad ~1000. both doesnt show up in the online portal. but the 1499 still does. guess that will be removed in a day or 2.

So to get a BB/iPAD plan i need a BB/iPAD ??? :S how does that work?

Need to go to CSC?

Oops ..BB = blackberry. I misread it as broadband plans :p

Yes for a ipad plan you need to get a different sim.The ipad data plans wont work on normal 3g sims.They are sort of locked.I was wondering if we could get the sim and cut out some packing from the blank sim plastic and use the combo in the usb modem. Will it work ? I have no idea. :p

Back