BSNL 3G Thread

^^6 Even if the speeds are capped at 1-2 Mbps i am ok with that as long as its UL.

This is what i am getting in my village :

For me the party is going to be over in 82 days :(.My only hope now is the i pad plan :no:
I got banned from a private tracker recently for no reason and asked the mods in IRC why i was banned? the mod checked my account and said i was not banned lol. Said they banned a guy with the same ip as mine for having low ratio.... they told me to restart the pc.... only after that i was able to log in to the site :D.

SumitB said:
Thanks. I will do it tomorrow :)

One more question. Suppose I have no balance on the SIM. How much would I need before this 3G thing can work? Validity is till the end of the month.
Keep us updated Sumit. I am curious to know how how the recharge goes. Even Supra mentions the iPad/BB 999 Rs plan is capped at 2mbps. Still it IS an awesome deal. :)

bigbyte said:
I'm repeating what I said earlier, Can't we have GO for 3G antenna from rfsupplier .com?
Can you please contact rfsupplier and get the details.. and then start the GO. I am in if the rate is reasonable...

Okay, I did get the 999/- Recharge done. It works per say but I don't know if it is capped at 2Mbps or not. The thing is that I am on roaming currently. Will get to know if I get the "normal" speeds when I get home in a couple of days. As of now, I am getting close to 2Mbps speeds. I am happy with it as long as I don't pay 1499/- per month :p

I can easily do 600GB with this and I could not be happier. I do 300GB on a monthly basis with my current 1Mbps UL (2x512Kbps) Dataone Connections. :p

SumitB said:
As of now, I am getting close to 2Mbps speeds. I am happy with it as long as I don't pay 1499/- per month :p

I can easily do 600GB with this and I could not be happier. I do 300GB on a monthly basis with my current 1Mbps UL (2x512Kbps) Dataone Connections. :p
ppl said they wud happily pay 1500 when BSNL was charging 2500 for UL plan in the very beginning. Anyways congrats that you got it.

Wondering what is that you download ... 600GB??

I tried d/l few ps2 and xbox games and lots of documentaries but I dont think I cross 85-95GB in the max case also.....

unless u download tv series and pondy.....

I think there shd be a segment / thread where everyone can contribute on sites and stuff to download...

SumitB said:
Okay, I did get the 999/- Recharge done. It works per say but I don't know if it is capped at 2Mbps or not. The thing is that I am on roaming currently. Will get to know if I get the "normal" speeds when I get home in a couple of days. As of now, I am getting close to 2Mbps speeds. I am happy with it as long as I don't pay 1499/- per month :p

Hurray nice to hear it works.... I have a doubt this ipad plan wont be removed after 18th of this month right?
onlyravi said:
lots of documentaries ....

I think there shd be a segment / thread where everyone can contribute on sites and stuff to download...
Me too watch lot of documentaries....i get it from MVgroup forum,youtube and sites like topdocumentary etc.Where you get them dude please share the sites it will be helpful to people like me thanks.

I don't download documentaries. What I download, if revealed here, will be considered piracy :p Anyways, check the sharethe.tv link in my signature to see what I download.

^^ Mostly from tpb and MVgroup.org mvgroup is the best....
I have some friends who download TBs of docus when they go to US. So we also share with each other. Now a days interested mostly in HD content.

I am using dial up fpr connecting to 3G. I have unchecked the option to ask phone no and also set the dialler to redial after 1 minute if it gets DC.
It worked once/twice but then after that I got a pop up with the redial and cancel button.....
Does any one know any application which can take care of the redialling??? If anyone has written some scripts please share them. TIA.

^^ Its a 122 kb file search for download cidial ... I downloaded it from cnet.
Its working.... @BigByte Thank you very much.... will try for few days to see how good it is. :)
Thanks again...

onlyravi said:
^^ Its a 122 kb file search for download cidial ... I downloaded it from cnet.

Its working.... @BigByte Thank you very much.... will try for few days to see how good it is. :)

Thanks again...
Keep us posted on how it works and what you think abt the tool

Back