BSNL 3G Thread

Hi, I'm interested on getting 3G, so do you guys recommend BSNL or something else?? I'm from Kolkata.

And one more important thing, can this be considered as replacement for my Home UL750+??

Please help me out guys. Im using BSNL Wired BB 750/- unlimited plan. Now want to go in for BSNL 3G.
How much does the USB stick/modem cost, both locked & unlocked?

teche said:
Please help me out guys. Im using BSNL Wired BB 750/- unlimited plan. Now want to go in for BSNL 3G.

How much does the USB stick/modem cost, both locked & unlocked?
same question I asked just 3-4posts before. No one replied :(

Hey guys, me too want to migrate to 3G and thinking of leaving the Home UL750+.

krishnandu said:
migrate to 3G and thinking of leaving the Home UL750+.

I checked some, BSNL is giving Microtek, etc. for 2.5k. These are locked with the network.
Huwei costs 3k & is un-locked, with 1yr warranty.

Not sure whether these are correct prices, also no idea on how would these work with other networks.

Guys my friend has.the bsnl 3g modem but since it is locked it cannot be used with other networks. Is there any way we can unlock it?

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

krishnandu said:
same question I asked just 3-4posts before. No one replied :(

Hey guys, me too want to migrate to 3G and thinking of leaving the Home UL750+.
The price depends on the speeds supported by the 3G modems, it ranges from 1.7k for 3.6 mbps modems to 2.8k-3k for 21 mbps modems, its better to go for unlocked modems as you can use any sim in a unlocked modem. The connection wont be as stable as a wired broadband, so its advisable to keep a wired connection at basic plans like 250/month.

Thanks for the input guys, Now what about 3G?? How much does it cost?? And FRC?? Actually I saw the BSNL site, but it's cluttered, I mean there are many prices mentioned which I can't get clearly. Will try to visit BSNL office tomorrow.

Even I found the BSNL site to be really confusing. Don't expect to know much from BSNL office either, typical babu attitude!

Guys can the ipad 999 unlimited plan used with laptops?

Hope one doesn't have to carry the ipad to show to the babus that you really have one while activating the 999 plan!

I don't mind a 2mbps cap but if its so, EVDO/Photon with 3.1mbps don't look bad. Considering that one would be paying ~ 800/- instead.

Yeah speeds are capped everywhere for 3G. Mine is a datacard sim but since I came back to pune on Monday I cud not get more than 2mbps in BT. Though speedtest goes above 3mbps....
Also the connection drops so freq that its impossible to download anything for longer than an hour. Thanks to CiDial that takes care of reconnecting.
In this image u can see the speeds never crossing 250-270. And all those 'V' s are disconnections :(
Can we really get a decent connection ever in India.... Pathetic operators ... pathetic service...

[attachment=7303:13311.attach]

Back