BSNL 3G Thread

My 3 BSNl Maharashtra Sim's taen over a period of 1 month during the offer. All of them have their speed capped at 2048 kbps, as shown in MDMA. Real world speds are even less.

teche said:
Hope one doesn't have to carry the ipad to show to the babus that you really have one while activating the 999 plan!

I don't mind a 2mbps cap but if its so, EVDO/Photon with 3.1mbps don't look bad. Considering that one would be paying ~ 800/- instead.

SumitB in post 2126 said he just recharged his 3G sim for Rs 999 and the ip pad plan is working for him .So just get the 3G sim and recharge for Rs 999 that should work.

3G in tamil nadu is NOT capped at least for now...getting 400+kB so no problem here :)

Hi Puys,

Relocating to Bangalore today. Also my FRC for data is going to expire on the 25th of this month.
Just wanna know which data packs are you guys using in Bangalore.
Also my 3G connection is on roaming from Bihar/Jharkhand Circle. So what Data packs wud be advisable considering I primarily use Reliance Netconnect for my browsing and turn to BSNL 3G for downloads ( Read Torrents ;-) )

I dont understand why all these providers advertise as Bundled Free usage. I mean i am paying for the recharge to get the specified usage volume then why use the word FREE :-[

^^ The speeds are capped for sure in all major cities/ cities with heavy 3G usage...

But with the UL plans gone the speeds and service quality of 3G "may" improve... and its the existing users on UL plans which will benefit the max....

Lets hope they come up with good UL plans by june-july...till then the 3G mkt competition will be well consolidated... and pressing enough to force operators to come up with attractive tariff plans....

Also lets hope that dsl/Adsl also gets cheaper with 3G in operation now....

deep16 said:
only in our dreams...
Not necc only in dreams.... In cities like Mumbai its already a fact... 10Mbps @ 6000pa. and many other plans...
I live in Pune where BSNL is the only Wired BB provider... at such places 3G is no less than a boon...
It has been seen in the past also that with competition from Wimax and so called 4G(tikona) or other wireless BB providers the rates of wired BB from all major operators have come down ... its a diff issue that with that everyone started the FUP s**t also...
couple of months back 3G was also in dreams and so was MNP...
things are changing....

EDIT: Look at the power of 3G. It can reach where wired BB cant... similar happened when DSL/ADSL had started... DialUp and ISDN went for a toss...
With the power/speed and portibility that 3G gives wired BB providers will definately have to pull up their socks to retain atleast the existing customers.

onlyravi said:
Not necc only in dreams.... In cities like Mumbai its already a fact... 10Mbps @ 6000pa. and many other plans...

I live in Pune where BSNL is the only Wired BB provider... at such places 3G is no less than a boon...

It has been seen in the past also that with competition from Wimax and so called 4G(tikona) or other wireless BB providers the rates of wired BB from all major operators have come down ... its a diff issue that with that everyone started the FUP s**t also...

couple of months back 3G was also in dreams and so was MNP...

things are changing....

EDIT: Look at the power of 3G. It can reach where wired BB cant... similar happened when DSL/ADSL had started... DialUp and ISDN went for a toss...

With the power/speed and portibility that 3G gives wired BB providers will definately have to pull up their socks to retain atleast the existing customers.
the pricing of 3g data plans are so as only a fool will run for it as a primary connection... u c 3g and hspa+ can and will not ever be a competition to adsl/cable true broadband.. they r not meant to be.. so thse operators will always milk us to pay some attrotous prices for 3g and broadband prices will not come intu competition... actualy frankly speaking i am nvr so optimistic about gd b/w and gd data packages coming intu our way...ever.

whereas when they should reduce prices and push more data values they r rather puttinng ****ing fup and what not... i used to blv that b/w is very costly... but now i realy dnt blv so... these basturds can provide us 20 to 30 rs per gB easily... they can retain profit also...

^^ 4200 for 6 months of UL download no FUP is not foolish... And I am using that :) Also I have started using BSNL 3G as my primary connection and use DSL only as a back up if 3G is not good.
Rest only time will tell .... so lets wait and watch..... Thr are many cities in MS which do not have any BB provider other than BSNL... and there BSNL 3G is the best possible option... until now BSNL was the ONLY provider with true UL 3G plans and no FUP. now that they have changed it but I need not worry for next 5 months :D

ramanujpatro said:
ReConnect - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

This one is also a good option. Runs peacefully in the background without hiccups :D
Thanks mate... actually I downloaded CiDial from CNet and its similiar to ReConnect. I have downloaded ReConnect also but will use it only if I have some issue with CiDial....

I am getting 2Mbps and it can't go above that as it is capped.

Best thing is all this started after private operators started rolling out their 3G services. First capping, next removal of UL plans :D

See how money of Private companies can even screw your day to day life ! We are moving slowly to capitalism and pure profiteering mindset of Pvt orgs !

Back