BSNL 3G Thread

^ I think BSNL were keeping a close watch on how the private players price their plans.First the UL plans were 2500 something, then as the date for private players launch came near they reduced it to 1500,then just some time later they brought it down to 700/month. But after the private players launched their "3G" services, BSNL came to their senses and realized they have no whatsoever competition when it comes to 3G and they can still grab a large chunk of money even if they scrap the UL plans for general audience.Ergo their *new* modified plans. BSNL is a stubborn giant fat animal which just doesnt budge that easily.Someone got to beat it with a stick to make it move. :)

^According to BSNL officers, reason behind withdrawn or modified 3G/2G UL plans is forced TRAI rules for unlimited Internet in India(Maybe now came into effect by private operator's approach) and capping somehow due to BSNL overloaded resources, bribed company heads including top union leaders, they also added sooner or later restrictions will be pulled off.

I am getting low speeds from last 4 days and the signal is reduced from 95% to 25% according to mobile partner, i think the nearest tower is switched off or damaged :(

@RS$ : ^^ It happens... Same happened to me 2 weeks back... And I was like thinking that my modem is faulty... Tried it at a friends place and the at few other cities as I was travelling that week ... It was working as normal... Later I realized that the problem was only at my place in Pune which took almost 2 weeks to resolve ....

In my case changing of Data Card helped in increasing the download Speed :D In Huawei E1750 I didn't catch any 3G Signal (Also it didn't support the use of CRC9 Antenna), In Huawei UMG181 got like 100 KB/s download speed with the help of CRC9 Antenna, In Huawei UMG1831 got like 130-140 KB/s and :clap: :clap: in Huawei E122 :bleh: Getting more than 240 KB/s :p

So people who are depressed with getting low speeds like 30-40 KB/s, I strongly advice you guys to get this modem as Huawei E122 is the best 3G modem out in the market! (Use of CRC9 Antenna is highly recommended :) ).

surya_neo said:
seems like bsnl has put a cap on download speed in hyderabad..I used to get 4MBPS now I am getting only 1MBPS ..
There's a separate thread on this. Check that - This is a problem across the board. And according to the answers received from the so called CC of BSNL, some maintenance or upgrade work is on. Need to see how it pans out

onlyravi said:
@RS$ : ^^ It happens... Same happened to me 2 weeks back... And I was like thinking that my modem is faulty... Tried it at a friends place and the at few other cities as I was travelling that week ... It was working as normal... Later I realized that the problem was only at my place in Pune which took almost 2 weeks to resolve ....
Yeah, i know that its the problem with the tower as the nearest 3G tower is not working, may be they are upgrading it to 14/21 Mbps.

This is so typical BSNL..:no: They would offer exceptionally good speeds in the start. Then their speed drops down to a trickle. Had this issue with my EVDO, facing same issue with my broadband 750 plan in gurgaon. Complained several time. Even wrote mail to nodal officer which somewhat improved the connection.

I would stay away from BSNL, as their CC sucks.

No upgrade happening here, just downgrade in speeds and capped to 2Mbps now,my signature has become like a distant dream as i used to get these speeds last year.

My BSNL 3G Download Speed:

Downloading from FileServe :)

Details:

Modem: Huawei E122

Antenna: CRC9 Connector

I get these speeds after 10 pm easily, and even in peak hours I get more than 220 KB/s all the time :cheers:

The speeds are capped at 2Mbps otherwise I would've got above 300+ KB/s all the time :(

I dont know if MDMA always gives the correct values....

I am using Huwawei 1831 and MDMA shows download capped @ 3012Kbps but speeds reach till 450KBps constantly.

Is the ipad/blackberry plan still there?

Just got my friends no ported and was going to get the recharge done so just want to make sure as i heard unlimited plans have been taken down.

Faraz said:
Is the ipad/blackberry plan still there?

Just got my friends no ported and was going to get the recharge done so just want to make sure as i heard unlimited plans have been taken down.
yes Rs991(blackberry plan) and Rs999(ipad plan) still unlimited :)

I have recharged my prepaid BSNL 3G Number with 991(blackberry plan) on BB 8520 yesterday. They havent activated my service yet. and 1505 CC sux. 1st they said you need to wait 24 hours before service can be started. Now they are saying that whats your main balance ? You need to have minimum 50Rs. as main balance to use the BIS services. So i recharged with 100 Rs. still not getting EDGE in capital. I think i will have to visit CSC today.

Some one had posted about a Nokia APP which can show RSSI values, etc like MDMA in Nokia phones....plz name or link it in the thread again on whoever is aware :)

I bought a new BSNL 3G Sim in Gurgaon on Saturday.

I tested it today in Delhi (on MTNL roaming) and it is showing 3.3231 MbPS.

I am using it on UMG1831.

Back