BSNL 3G Thread

Strange things are happening now....
Since yesterday evening there was no 3G connection. So I popped the sim to mobile to see what the actual problem was. It was not detecting the sim and the message" Insert Sim" was displayed.
I though my UMG 1831 must have fried the sim as reported earlier in the forum. But today when I went to the BSNL office to get a new sim I saw four other customers with the exact same problem and all of them were using different modems. This has to do something with the the signal from the tower or something. This is like some sci-fi movies where the sim can be corrupted bya signal from the tower.:O

The blackberry one is 991.
The plan was not activated neither I got any balance nor my validity increased then what did this recharge did?
And it was successful too according to the message i recieved.

Faraz said:
The blackberry one is 991.

The plan was not activated neither I got any balance nor my validity increased then what did this recharge did?

And it was successful too according to the message i recieved.
Wait for a day and then log on a complaint and also try calling the customer care (be ready for 15-20 minutes of holding line :mad:)

Looks like they changed the plans now both ipad and blackberry ones are for 999.
Seems like I have no other option but to go to the office and complain.
15-20mins? Its more like 1-2hrs here.

Faraz said:
He did a recharge not topup.

Can anyone confirm that it takes some time for the plan to get activated?
if he did 991 recharge den its already started :) am using 991 wala bb pack :D

and also check *123*10# ,, its shows ur gprs a/c balance :)

SumitB said:
So does it mean that this page is now invalid? The BSNL homepage still links to this page!
nope, both 991 bb plan and 999 ipad plan are valid :)

The people at the office are saying that they are having some problems with the bb plan hence its not working right now.
*123*10# shows wrong scratch code.

@ Faraz. Yes that's true. there are some problem in west zone. I just shoot them the mail for activating my BIS. I recharged with 991 on Sunday(more than 3 days). and I was stumped that BSNL BB folk just called me(at 12:30 AM) that SAAR. U mailed us that your BB service not activated.. blah blah. He said there are some maintenance work is going on so any prepaid customers' service is not activated yet. He assured me that You service will soon start in 1-2 days.:no:

So i think we just have to wait. :(

WOW !! Wecome to BSNL world Nisarg. :bleh:

dasgupta_arup said:
thanks bro...
Dwld it and installed by changing phone date to yr 2007
will check out all the sim cards i have next
thanks again
Why dont you hack your symbian phone so that all the unsigned apps can be installed and also you wont get such date errors.

cisco_tech said:
@ Farz. Yes that's true. there are some problem in west zone. I just shoot them the mail for activating my BIS. I recharged with 991 on Sunday(more than 3 days). and I was stumped that BSNL BB folk just called me(at 12:30 AM) that SAAR. U mailed us that your BB service not activated.. blah blah. He said there are some maintenance work is going on so any prepaid customers' service is not activated yet. He assured me that You service will soon start in 1-2 days.:no:
So i think we just have to wait. :(
WOW !! Wecome to BSNL world Nisarg. :bleh:
Thanks for confirming here.
I thought they were making lame excuses.
Just hope they are not implementing some sort of a check for blackberry device for the plan to work :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Got a msg saying bb services have been activated please reboot your device.
I rebooted my x6 but still I am being chargec for any usage. :(

Got a call from BSNL saying that they have come up with a new policy to cap the 3G bandwidth to 2MBPS:(
issue is I am not even getting that:(

vercetti said:
Got a call from BSNL saying that they have come up with a new policy to cap the 3G bandwidth to 2MBPS:(

issue is I am not even getting that:(
WTF ????

Did they actually say that ?? :mad: :-[

The babu who called me told me "2Mbps to aacha speed hota hai na...." Bu!!$hit

They always say they will check and revert back.

Hopeless situation. Guess will have to do with only 2 Mbps max for next 5 months :(

/rant over

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Dushie

Time to change your siggy i guess :p

Need help, can anyone plz guide me with unlimited download NO FUP plan for Bsnl 3G Prepaid (if not availabale in prepaid then postpaid is fine too) :ashamed:

siril_k said:
Need help, can anyone plz guide me with unlimited download NO FUP plan for Bsnl 3G Prepaid (if not availabale in prepaid then postpaid is fine too) :ashamed:
Try the BlackBerry/Ipad recharge - Rs 999 for prepaid. 30 days validity.

There seems to be issues for some with this plan though.

always-shri said:
Try the BlackBerry/Ipad recharge - Rs 999 for prepaid. 30 days validity.
There seems to be issues for some with this plan though.
I think it might be risky as it may be limited to BB or Ipad only & for rest its some default plan, as BSNL can keep a check on which device we r using via IMEI, though i am just speculating this.

Anyone on Rs.999 BB Ipad plan working on Modems or mobiles?

Hi, I took the 3G SIM today, FRC 120. Now what?? What are the plans??

BSNL guys said the plans have been changed and that 13**/- UL plan doesn't exists anymore.

So any information from the experienced 3G users?? Or any other information that I should know.

Still no update from BSNL. called 1505 numerous times but no help. Also visited CSC. As usual Blackberry bahoot log use nahi karte so humko idea nahi hai !! wtf!!!

Back