BSNL 3G Thread

@cisco_tech.. try using the old apn gprswest.cellone.in (if you are in south then use gprssouth).On the BIS page check the FAQ, there is tutorial ppt on how to tether/use the BB phone as modem.Try it , may work :)

@sumitb.... Have you crossed over the 10GB mark ? Are you fup'd yet ?

My last 7 days remaining,cursing myself for not doing the 4200 recharge,I had thought atleast the normal 1499 plan would be available incase required but bsnl screwed it up.

@spacevoid. Thanx. checked that PPT. it clearly says tht you need to buy separate GPRS plan if you want to use your Blackberry as Modem. Tried 3 different tethering software for BB. none make BISB connection. All ask for TCP connection which is BSNL APN. :(

@Gannu: The SIM is still on UL plan. I do 20GB+ every day. No change in my downloads. However, the speeds seem to have been capped to 2Mbps. Till date, I have filled up 300GB from the 17th Feb. Infact I will need a new hard drive soon :p

@Jerin: I think don't think that is the case. You should check the Karnataka site of BSNL about any change in the UL iPad plan. If there is no mention, then this plan is still UL.

@others: Yes i am using the bsnlnet APN. However, I have not tried tethering with my BB and have no plans to do this either.

AFAIK BSNL now only has the bsnlnet APN everywhere in the country. I may be wrong but this has always worked for me since September last year.

@sumit...

the site still shows as UL. those ladies there do no agree with me. :S. shall i just bite the bullet and do the recharge. :S

and yea bsnlnet is the APN for PAN india access.

^Nope but it appears we do need a BB for the BB plan. Seems like the BIS sends some information to the network. Not sure about this but refer the last page. Someone seemed to have posted that.

I was just joking gannu. But I m wondering ppl who recharged with bb plan. How come they are not being charged. They are using same apn (bsnlnet) ? I will try tht ipad 99 Wala plan.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

In my case the bb plan wont work on anything else than a bb.
Can I get the ipad 999 recharge done on a sim which already has the 991 plan active or will it create problems?
I dont want to lose around 1k again :(

Back