BSNL 3G Thread

I guess people using zte blade can recharge for the bb or ipad plan and then can usE the wifi tethering facility to browse using laptop

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

U wont get 3G speeds if u recharge for 2G. also if u keep 2G/3G then 3G signals will be used as far as the reception is good enough.better to keep at 3G only

Faraz said:
I just recharged with 2G 98rs plan and its working on 3G :)
Yup, I also called CC, and while asking them about plans, they said 4GB for 98/-

I was like WTF :O I said that's 2G plan.

CC guy replied "Sir, we have nothing separate for 2G and 3G, APN's are also same. If you face any problem please call us."

And the moment I was like :clap:

krishnandu said:
Yup, I also called CC, and while asking them about plans, they said 4GB for 98/-

I was like WTF :O I said that's 2G plan.

CC guy replied "Sir, we have nothing separate for 2G and 3G, APN's are also same. If you face any problem please call us."

And the moment I was like :clap:
4GB ?

I got 2GB only :(

^^ Always buy a prepaid 3G sim and the 197 topup for 500MB data usage and test it at your home...
Even in the same city the connectivity may differ from place to place.

Guys... I have activated 3G on my old 2G sim... the main validity of the card is till Aug 2011.
I tried doing the 197 topup but cannot use it unless I have some data plan activated like the 98GPRS plan.
Also in Pune I am still not able to recharge my card with the 331RCV. It says invalid denomination always...
Is this RCV only for 3G SIMs or will work for my sim also?? bit confused as I have been trying this for long and it never works for me :mad:Dont want to punish(read 3rd degree torture) myself by calling the BSNL CC :S

P.S: This 2G sim with 3G activated is in the Pyari Jodi plan and I had done FRC of Rs33 not of Rs 120.
Cud that be the issue?? :(

I just recharged my sim using 999. unfortunately since the card is in data card and not plugged in... i cannot see the sms.

tried logging in.. no use also. anyways to find out?

Browsing is much improved today in Bangalore. No lag.

Had taken the data card to office. Very weak signal reception inside my office near ITPL.
It was switching to 2G mode. :(

m-jeri said:
I just recharged my sim using 999. unfortunately since the card is in data card and not plugged in... i cannot see the sms.

tried logging in.. no use also. anyways to find out?
Try browsing the net, download something. If your balance is not deducted everything went fine. You should receive the sms in mobile partner.I got a message yesterday that my UL is gonna expire on 11th. So try with mobile partner. Or pop the sim in any mobile and send *123# commands.Check what it shows.

PS: waiting in anticipation :p

I was reading the recharge Faq on bsnl site and stumbled on this
"If I am a subscriber of UP (east) area, can I purchase and use scratch cards available in other areas like Punjab, UP (west), etc?"

"No, subscriber’s of an area would be able to use scratch cards meant for and available in his license area e.g. a subscriber of UP (east) can recharge with scratch cards of UP (East) license area only but not of any other area’s like UP (west), Punjab, etc."

That info was related to recharge scratch cards.

Back