BSNL 3G Thread

krishnandu said:
Will it work on other phones?? Or you want to buy Blackberry for using that plan?? :p
Do not need a BlackBerry device, if u have a bsnl sim card den simply recharge(not topup) Rs991, insert ur sim card 3G mobile/data card thts it :p njoy 24x7 downloading ;)

webserver2009 said:
Do not need a BlackBerry device, if u have a bsnl sim card den simply recharge(not topup) Rs991, insert ur sim card 3G mobile/data card thts it :p njoy 24x7 downloading ;)
Its the 3G sim you are talking about right? so if i recharge my 3G sim for Rs 991 and insert it in my 3G data card i will get UL for 30 days right?

@Webserver2009 : My 6 months ofer runs out on may 9th i will recharge my 3G sim on 10th for RS 991.

deep16 said:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .. thats why 3g is soooooooooo unstable from few days............. its party time

Is your connection limited to 1Mbps ? mine is...i dont think they are gonna give those kinda speed to those in the Rs 4200 plan.

webserver2009 said:
BSNL will start 14 Mbps speed in Kolkata in next few days. :D

source
I too can confirm that. Actually if to believe the Chief Engineer(Mr Gutti.) in Pune. He also told me that they are already testing 14mbps network in Pune near Bajirao Rd office.
And In next two months they are mainly focussing on increasing the no of 3G enabled towers.
Also Its not limited to 14mbps. coz Till now their towers were connected to their main office by either radio signals or microwaves which had some limit. Now they are connecting all their Towers to their main office with 100mbps network cables. One thing he also told me is that only devices which are within 500mtrs of airel distance from the 3G tower will get good signals... other depend on LOS and sheer luck.
Though there are not any good plans to use that bandwidth now... just lets hope that The existing UL customers will get good speeds and the caps will be removed.

Well actually they are still not accepting of capping the speeds. Even after explaining them that various s/w and downloads tools show that the speed is capped at 2mbps.

But one thing can be done.. log a complaint everyday as I had said before. Those complaints which are logged online @ http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
directly go to the senior engineers at BSNL and not to CC. So they are definately looked upon. Once they notice that lot of ppl are complaining they may take action.

This link was posted on Feb 2. If we all posted just one complaint a day who knows this issue wud have resolved on high priority also.
Now also the time is not gone. Lets each member log a complaint everyday at http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp instead of just complaining over here.
and note the complaint no in a excel sheet. If we cant do even this much then lets not even complain abt BSNL. Take their services as they are or keep quiet then.

webserver2009 said:
Sir

The 991 plan didnt work for me i recharged with it recently.

It was only working on a BB.

So i would advise you all to go for the 999 plan instead.

Faraz said:
Sir

The 991 plan didnt work for me i recharged with it recently.

It was only working on a BB.

So i would advise you all to go for the 999 plan instead.

its working for me :) am using UMG1831 data card :) who told you 991 plan only working on BB?

also u can use 999 plan ;)

I dont know about you guys. but for me and faraz. BB plans are not working on datacard. I am able to use it only on BB 9000. Anyone can confirm from westzone circle ?

cisco_tech said:
I dont know about you guys. but for me and faraz. BB plans are not working on datacard. I am able to use it only on BB 9000. Anyone can confirm from westzone circle ?
What do you mean by Datacard? What was the FRC done on that SIM U R using as Data Card.
All 3G data plans are not applicable to every 3G Sim.

Likewise I found out that since mine was a General plan(FRC 33) sim on which I had activated 3G I cannnot use the 3G combo plans of BSNL. (the 331, 551... plans).
A friend of mine had done the 120 FRC and he was able to use the 331 combo plan. So pls chkout on what SIMS the BB plan works.

Also those who are confirming that the BB plan is working for them kindly mention the FRC U did for that SIM. This will automatically clear the confusion :)

For me sadly I cannot use the good combo plans nor can I do the 120FRC on my 2G sim :(

Back