BSNL 3G Thread

^ Didn't activate the UL plan yet, waiting for the data card. :p

Right now on the basic 0.5 GB data plan for testing. So I have only downloaded some few MBs but whenever I tried I was getting 240+kB/s!

What speeds are you getting now?

I am getting 20-25 KB/s max.The initial 200MB and for the first one and half days on UL I got good speeds.Then from yesterday in the morning I started getting absolute low speeds.Dont know whats the problem.The signal level is still the same.Waiting for more info from supra and hayabusa....

@Spacevoid, I am getting low speeds but it's not like that. Sometimes due to maintenance work/problems I get that type of speeds but only for few minutes/hrs. not whole day. U should contact ur nearest BSNL 3g Customer Service about the problem.

I think supra,varkey and raksrules have stolen all our/MY bandwidths since they are getting amazing speeds. :p

^ At the start I was getting speeds as posted in those screenshots.Yesterday in the morning I was getting 250KB/s flat, the dumeter's curve was pretty flat and very minimal spikes to 300KB/s.Its as though some one has turned on throttling or it has reached some kind of threshold.Then later on it reduced to below 30KB/s, then I made a post here.

I have till now downloaded some 6-7GB max ...it wont cross 10GB for sure.So I started feeling maybe this thing has FUP.So wanted to know how much you guys have downloaded on the UL plan till now.Just to make sure.

my bandwidth returned, after using all the tricks i came to find that it was raksrules who was using my 3g bandwidth. After getting caught, he returned my bandwidth. :D :p

Any guy plz sell his 3g data card to me. :p

are the datacards baught from BSNL locked ( to BSNL mtnl sims ) ?
also....where can i buy a Datacard compatable for 3g bsnl sims

recently BSNL activated 3g in my town....am getting a prepaid on specially for internet purpose.

strategy said:
are the datacards baught from BSNL locked ( to BSNL mtnl sims ) ?

also....where can i buy a Datacard compatable for 3g bsnl sims

recently BSNL activated 3g in my town....am getting a prepaid on specially for internet purpose.
Yes it will probably be locked to BSNL network.

To buy it from somewhere else, you can look at ebay. You can read this thread fully where several ebay links are there and also check the following thread

http://www.techenclave.com/networking/best-3g-modem-175980.html

Sry,noob question!

How can I found the nearest BSNL tower ?

Or,I mean if I see a tower how do I confirm about the owner(network operator) ?

I bought data card from BSNL and it was not locked, just confirm b4 buying.

@Revolution, Just go ask to BSNL office of ur area and they will tell u. U can measure the distance between tower and ur place with the help of GOOGLE EARTH.

noob question again .....
3g(BSNL) was just launced in my city.
now i want to buy a good 7.6 mbps data card from ebay.in and insert a 3g prepaid sim in the datacard
do i rechage the card with 1499 and the unlimited internet will be initiated and surfing will start ...or is there a procedure to activate the card

i am asking this because my bro just got himself a 3g conn. on his nokia phone ....but when he tries to use internet thats a no go!
BSNL oparativs are not picking up phone

i hav chennai bsnl sim currently in bangalore. Can i activate to 3g sim here. How much i need to recharge for tat. Any office in indira nagar or koramangla

strategy said:
noob question again .....

3g(BSNL) was just launced in my city.

now i want to buy a good 7.6 mbps data card from ebay.in and insert a 3g prepaid sim in the datacard

do i rechage the card with 1499 and the unlimited internet will be initiated and surfing will start ...or is there a procedure to activate the card

i am asking this because my bro just got himself a 3g conn. on his nokia phone ....but when he tries to use internet thats a no go!

BSNL oparativs are not picking up phone
First do a recharge of 99/- to activate the 3g data plans on your sim.Then do a recharge of 1499/-

If your bro got a 3g connection recently then no matter what plan he got he will still get some free data usage.In your phone you need to put "bsnlnet" as the apn (without quotes).

^ Do you need to the 99 recharge? I think you said in one of your previous posts that it worked for you without doing so.

^ yes in my case it indeed worked.And to tell you frankly I dont know how.I dont know how their system works.May be it was a glitch which made my recharge successful.Or may be not.

But I would prefer to go by the books.If some problem happens and the system eats up 1499 for no reason, then it'll be a headache for the user.

Simple test I would like the new 3g users to do.Just to check the thing.

1. Get a sim for 59,recharge it for 120/any other voice plan.test out the speeds in your area.Once satisfied goto step2.

2. Try to recharge for 1499 directly by asking the CSC fellow.If your recharge is successful then its all good.If you get some error then do a recharge for 99, then do a recharge for 1499.It should work.

None of my other friends wants to get a 3g sim.So I cannot check it myself. :(

Back