BSNL 3G Thread

Can someone tell how to recharge for this unlimited plan?

Can I do a flexi recharge for Rs 1499 through the online portal?

@SpaceVoid -- You recharged it through the BSNL online portal? Which region are you from?

@varkey .. I am in Goa and it comes under Maharashtra Circle.

Dude.. I just took a plunge by recharging it to 1500 via portal.Some posts above I have posted the screens which I get on the portal.You may try doing it.But if something bad happens (you get no UL only some validity and talktime) then please dont blame me :bleh:

Best and safe thing to do would be go to the nearest csc or your retailer and ask him for a recharge.You will get a faster response from the system rather then waiting and keeping fingers crossed.

^ Oh ok. But for me, instead of the 1500 option only the 2756 option is there. And even if I select that I get an error saying 'Sorry you are not eligible for 3G Recharge' whereas when I select the lower amounts ie 222 etc it takes me to the payment page.

Looks like I have to visit a BSNL CSC! :(

With so many people jumping the data card bandwagon, if anyone is currently using Vodafone 2G internet using A 3G ready data card then you can use the same data card (offcourse after unlocking) to access BSNL 3G.

^^ I have a Huawei E160G....PM me ...all the screenshots in this thread are using that card only :D

Getting a Huawei E5 now....that thing looks sexy with an uber cool OLED screen :)

@leomax, rightly said, Since I already have 3.6 mbps data card and buying the same will be the waste of money. So i plan to buy 7.2mbps because i will use this and sell 3.6mbps card later.

@spacevoid, yeah I am getting low speeds since today morning too, sometimes very low

I am planning to get myself an EV-DO connection and use it as my primary connection on my desktop / laptop. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. -they have the latest tariffs on this website.

I have a few queries:-

[1] Can the EVDO usb modem be used with a wireless router-I have a Belkin N150 router?

[2] I plan to go for the Rs.750 unlimited connection - I usually download upto 20- 30 GB per month - Is there any FUP?

[3] How much will the USB modem cost me? I heard the rates have come down.

[4] Is there any downtime with the EVDO connection?

[5] Which modem do I get - are there different modems ?

Supra said:
^^ I have a Huawei E160G....PM me ...all the screenshots in this thread are using that card only :D

Getting a Huawei E5 now....that thing looks sexy with an uber cool OLED screen :)
Hey Supra...

Could you just hold it for a week - if possible...

I would try the connection for speed and will take one.

Supra said:
Ya confirmed the same from CSC guys over phone now. Frustrating thing is that I got this sim for Free ( actual price : Rs 59) on 18th with a free 3G voucher that came along with my landline. Now they were supposed to do this Rs 120 FRC also for free but somehow they are saying now FRC is not free :p...so I will have to do a FRC of 120 on my 2nd BSNL 3G sim :p
Hey supra, thats not true, My friend got the free sim with this month and they activated freely(not sure whether which FRC they used), but after activation got 20 rs talk time/200MB/2000 sms/100 mins video call :p

@ supra ... wanted to ask you one question.How much have you downloaded since you got the UL 3G plan ? And do you still get good speeds on it at present ?

@ hayabusa_ryu ... what speeds are you seeing today ?

Back