BSNL 3G Thread

I visited a BSNL CSC yesterday and they tried to do the recharge for Rs 1499 and it gave an error saying, 'The Recharge could not be processed right now, try again later.' Even they were not sure why it showed an error. In their internal portal for recharges, the 1499 3G Data Plan is present, and they showed it to me, but the recharge still failed.

I called customer care (1503) and they said you just need to do a easy recharge for 1499 at any BSNL Franchise, ie any local recharge shops. So I went to a shop and tried today, again the same issue.

In the online portal the 1499 option is not yet updated for Chennai circle so I can't do it online. So someone who has done it from a CSC / Local Recharge shop, please let me know exactly how to do it.

^ varkey ... the exact same thing happened with me when I tried to recharge with the csc.I had mentioned it a while back.

Have you done the 99 recharge first (incase you havent done the 51 recharge) ? If not then do it first and then go for the 1499/- recharge. Maybe it will work.

Try doing the online recharge through portal.BSNL is always slow in updating their systems.

Rs 99 is mentioned as a FRC, shouldn't that be done immediately after taking the sim? My sim is already on the General 120 Voice Plan. I would have done it online, but the 1499 option is not there at all! :(

Thats where the confusion is. That 99 FRC is a first recharge to activate the 3g data plans. The 120 general voice is the first recharge to activate voice plans only. These two are separate.

Read this very carefully ... :: BSNL 3G ::

May be their system is looking for whether you are activated on the 3g plans, not finding it , and denying your request for the 1499/-

10607541.jpg

Oh ok. Thanks for that. So will go again to the recharge shop and try! :p

Edit : But its also written on top that 'SIM and Activation charges as applicable to 3G Postpaid & Prepaid voice plan will also be applicable for 3G data services.' Anyway will go and check.

^ I think it means ... if you want to buy a sim for 3g data services only(you wont use it to make calls) then you still need to buy it with 59/- + have it activated with 120/any voice plan as to activate the connection.Later you may choose to activate 3g plans and use the 3g services.

Well thats how much I understood from this fiasco. :p

Update : Tried to recharge for Rs 99, Rs 120 for activation of data plan but failed. The issue seems to be that the sim I have is distributed by BSNL for free under some promotional scheme so it comes pre activated or something and the data plans are not allowed I think.

Anyway got a new BSNL 3G sim for Rs 59 and recharged for Rs 120 for activation of SIM. The shop guy said the Rs 99 recharge doesn't work even though it's mentioned in the site. Anyway didn't discuss much about it, and recharged for Rs 120. Sim was activated with a balance of Rs 20, after that recharged for Rs 1499 but didn't receive any confirmation SMS. He said only the data plan will be active, for voice it will take 1-2 days. After that tried to browse using apn 'bsnlnet' and it was working.

Guys,
One dilema...

I Live in karthik nagar (Bangalore) and getting 0.6mbps as per speedtest testing.
But when I download a file through download manager it is around 240Kbps!

Which is right?

& how much speed can I expect in a torrent with good level of seeders...

just got a new bsnl card.I need to knw which FRC shud i go for? i mean FRC 119 OR FRC 120. could anyone tell me differance between them.

thnks

I went to a BSNL CSC today and got a new 3G sim, they said currently only the 120 FRC is available for both data and voice. I said to the guy sitting there, that there are different FRC's available and is mentioned in BSNL site but he didn't accept it. Lol :p And I had to do the 120 FRC. :(

Guys,

* How do i check usage on my 3G bsnl sim which I am using in my mobile?

* I am using 5800 and trying speedtest.net in opera browser doesn't work. It says flash is not available?

Any solutions for these?

m-jeri said:
usage and speed test???...

did u mean connection speed?
* No I meant data usage (?? MBs) using any BSNL portal online.

* By speedtest I meant checking connection speed using speedtest.net website

Back