BSNL 3G Thread

smnrock said:
Guys any update on the IP address given by BSNL 3G, today i noticed that i've assigned an individual dynamic IP(not the usual shared on in the range of 218.x.x.x) as 117.230.x.x :) if its going to continue, then its good move :)
I can confirm the same, even I've been assigned a 117.230.x.x IP. :clap:

^^ Is this 117 series good or bad???
I am still on the 218 series IP... and the speeds are less than 600kbits for last 1 week or so :(

^ i don't think any thing bad or good in IP address! 117 series assigned of now doesn't shared with many people(NAT?), so its easy for people who used to download from file sharing hosts :) and as i mentioned its implemented only for south zone i guess.. :p

Before they used to assign a 10.x.x.x private IP and one public IP will be shared with many users. This may haves caused problems for torrent users as you won't be connectable also private trackers may think you have multiple accounts as more than one user may login from the same IP.

Now they are assigning a public IP directly which is not shared :)

And also some people had problem in connecting office VPN due to the shared ip including me, now i could able to connect!

At last i can browse stackoverflow from my home now :)

^^ ohh then its no great news.... not atleast for me.... I wonder when will these guys improve the speeds and remove the caps...
I am getting good upload speeds of abt 1.65Mb but d/l speed is less than 60Kb :(
And these are the last 3 months of my UL plan...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
Before they used to assign a 10.x.x.x private IP and one public IP will be shared with many users. This may haves caused problems for torrent users as you won't be connectable also private trackers may think you have multiple accounts as more than one user may login from the same IP.

Now they are assigning a public IP directly which is not shared :)
Read this a little late.... If what you say is true... I wish they implement the same in west zone soon.....

Anyone aware of 99/- for 4GB plan(2G), the one I know is 98/- for 2GB(2G).

One of my friend recharged with 2G plan and says he's getting good speed as 3G, though that's his assumption as he didn't run any proper speed test or something.

Anyone here already tried with 2G plan?? If yes, how is the experience??

multi said:
today visited local CSC for inquiring to any validity recharge as my mobile sim showing 1 week remaining .

auntie asked " u have to tell me as there are so many recharges "

I - " can u show me whom if I ask as that desk board regarding 3G is not showing such things .

auntie - ummmmm , I don't know , why not visit that other CSC ( about 6 km from here )
after checking :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid

I still no idea which 1 should I got for validity extend , any 1 ?
Please check :: BSNL 3G :: for data RCV

krishnandu said:
Anyone aware of 99/- for 4GB plan(2G), the one I know is 98/- for 2GB(2G).

One of my friend recharged with 2G plan and says he's getting good speed as 3G, though that's his assumption as he didn't run any proper speed test or something.

Anyone here already tried with 2G plan?? If yes, how is the experience??
Yes i am using RS 98 for 2GB gprs pack and i am getting 3G speeds.

In my case i get around 300-350kBps with my nokia x6. :)

AFAIK the 99 plan does one day unlimited 3g for ipad.

Faraz said:
Yes i am using RS 98 for 2GB gprs pack and i am getting 3G speeds.

In my case i get around 300-350kBps with my nokia x6. :)

AFAIK the 99 plan does one day unlimited 3g for ipad.
Yes, 2G Plan 98/- worked fine for many of my friends. I'll also recharge within few days and will post the review.

^^ Plus one. Just recharged again with the Rs98 RCV today and it gives 3G speeds when on 3G network.
When u do a *112*6# U get all the balance and data details by SMS.
In that it shows my 3G data pack as 0GB 0MB 0KB but I still get 3G speeds and the data is deducted from the GPRS data pack.

If the 98 RCV is giving 3G speed, then please stop any more posts on that or sort of encrypt the post that one makes here. Since if those babus come to know this, part is again over :(

varkey said:
The 98 RCV is not giving 3G speeds at Chennai. Speeds seem to be limited to about 256 Kbps
Even if the 98 RCV gives max 256 kbps (when used in 3G mode) and that too consistent i will be happier, at least i can expect speeds to be consistent.

Like in docomo , the speeds were locked to max 128kbps when used in 3G mode and using any GPRS plan. That was far better for me rather than using the phone in EDGE mode.

^ True! :) The latency and response time etc will be much better on 3G than on EDGE even if the max speeds will almost be the same.

My friend recharged with the 98 RCV and the speeds are around 20-25 KBps with spikes to about 30 KBps.

Back