BSNL 3G Thread

varkey said:
^ You can recharge for Rs 2 and you will be migrated to the 1p/s plan.

v5mCL.png

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd

How to find out the existing voice plan for the sim, is there any way to find that out. Also this Rs 2 recharge to switch to per second plan, can we do it online or have to go to bsnl office to do the same.

Dushie said:
How to find out the existing voice plan for the sim, is there any way to find that out. Also this Rs 2 recharge to switch to per second plan, can we do it online or have to go to bsnl office to do the same.

I think it shows the plan name when you dial *123#, it does for me! :)

And you can do the Rs 2 recharge at any BSNL recharge shop or through PayTM Special Recharge (should work, haven't tried it myself)

Got a EVDO connection and speeds sucks in my place :( Epic Phail.

So pondering over switching to Ipad 999 plan. So need a few pointers.

Can someone let me know in which CC in Chennai the micro SIM might be in stock?(Or even in Trichy or Tanjore) The Ipad plan speed is capped, right? (1Mbps or 2Mbps?)

Roommate has a normal BSNL 3G plan(Rs.606) and torrent speeds are ~75kBps -100kBps in peak hours and 150kBps - 200kBps in late night hours (bursts upto 360 kBps)

The modem of his picks up a HSUPA signal (So i guess DL speeds should be 7.2Mbps and UL 2 Mbps in the tower near us)

Also recommend a decent modem that doesn't disconnect a lot in Win 7(Else it would ruin the free downloads from file sharing sites as there is no resume). Rommies modem eventhough with full signal suddenly goes to 0 Kbps once in a while and needs to be reconnected. And does any adapter from ebay.in do or do we need to buy high quality ones.

DarkAngel said:

Can someone let me know in which CC in Chennai the micro SIM might be in stock?(Or even in Trichy or Tanjore) The Ipad plan speed is capped, right? (1Mbps or 2Mbps?)

Roommate has a normal BSNL 3G plan(Rs.606) and torrent speeds are ~75kBps -100kBps in peak hours and 150kBps - 200kBps in late night hours (bursts upto 360 kBps)

The modem of his picks up a HSUPA signal (So i guess DL speeds should be 7.2Mbps and UL 2 Mbps in the tower near us)

Also recommend a decent modem that doesn't disconnect a lot in Win 7(Else it would ruin the free downloads from file sharing sites as there is no resume). Rommies modem eventhough with full signal suddenly goes to 0 Kbps once in a while and needs to be reconnected. And does any adapter from ebay.in do or do we need to buy high quality ones.

Why dont you leave your modem at brothers place and let download happen there if downloading is the only concern

requires Seagate dockstar or any dd-wrt router with a usb port

What is your brother using broadband or EVDO

if BB then change his router or if you want dedicated the a headless setup would suffice

EVDO is cheapest and speeds are awesome where ever they are good

They are not good at your place and nothing can be done till BSNL upgrades it infrastructure

You have a modem , working connection so use that for downloading and get something for browsing

^ Yeah. But his place is some 20km from my place and I need a high speed data connection for browsing, youtube etc... Dont mind spending a bit more. I am not a maniac downloader :p (~50GB or so per month. Might do 100GB if i get a ipad 3G plan since I am paying more)

DarkAngel said:

what other options do u have in 3g operators?

maybe i can suggest u something :p

^I want an adapter for the ipad micro SIM so that to use with a data card. Wont these do :S Or do you mean this would be thicker and wont fit in a SIM card slot!

DarkAngel said:
^I want an adapter for the ipad micro SIM so that to use with a data card. Wont these do :S Or do you mean this would be thicker and wont fit in a SIM card slot!
Errrr I guess BSNL is automatically capping the speeds to 64kbps if iPad sim is used in any other device other than iPad, I initially had same plan to get one & use it in Data Card. But a few of my friends confirmed the data cap issue, so dropped the Idea.

Regarding data cards, Aircel 3G is offering Huawei E1750C for dirt cheap price, it's 7.2mbps download & 5.76mbps upload capable, the aircel customized mobile partner can be unlocked in seconds just by using an unlock code. SMS, mms & voice calls worked on all sims and with auto profiles for all networks. All this for 1.8k with warranty. Better than those unlocked Russian & UK data cards and cheaper too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

^^ Which world are you living.

Huawei E173 Unlocked with 6 months warranty is available with our dealer dvdstoredelhi for Rs 1425 shipped ! As of operator locked cards min is around Rs 999 for Vodafone/Airtel/Tata Docomo but those are only on postpaid 3G data Connections with prohibitive cost.

@ DarkAngel--- Get Huawei E173, then there is no need of Micro Sim Adapter as you can use the micro-sim directly by pushing it a bit into the slot. Works fine for me :p

^Cool then. If it works with E173 then fine. I will first check speeds and then only if i get ~1Mbps i will do a 999 recharge. Mostly will get from ebay (Delhimall) if DVDstore has no stock.

Or if someone is using a microSIM adapter successfully with a data card then please do revert back with the ebay link. I might check speeds first with my rommies visontek before ordering the E173 ;)

P.S: In fact my friend is using Ipad 999 postpaid plan in a normal SIM and getting ~1Mbps speeds (Capped since he is in Kerala) He activated the postpaid plan on the normal SIM and when the BSNL guys told they will cut his SIM to micro, he told them he will do it himself and they let it slip :p He is using it with Huawei UMG1831.

^ Don't worry. If you manage to get the SIM from Chennai it won't be capped. :p Btw even my SIM from Kerala is capped at 1mbps. :-(

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Back