BSNL 3G Thread

ohk... i am also using a non-capped sim with gprs recharge :eek:hyeah:,. 4 mbps is good. btw whole kerala has bsnl 3g right ? specifically asking for trivandrum

All those people running pillar to post for the ipad adapter....there is a very easy way to make the IPAD adapter....just go to your local "switch board cutting shop" ....the shop where they drill holes on boards for the switches.....if you dont know just ask the local shops where such services are available they will guide you to the shop i am sure....they have a machine that does the job in a few seconds.....i did the same take the sim holder and your micro sim they will do that adapter thing in a min or two.

But the downside is they charged me a whooping Rs 10 for the service....expensive i know :(.

varkey said:
^ Don't worry. If you manage to get the SIM from Chennai it won't be capped. :p Btw even my SIM from Kerala is capped at 1mbps. :-(

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
Update is that the Nandanam CSC has started asking for iPad IMEI to issue the sim :|

Sent from Alienated MAtrix using T'Talk Pro

^ Oh. Every CSC is doing that now. Two of my friends got iPad Sims without any issue from the chromepet CSC just a week back and two days back when another friend went, they said they have got new instructions to issue iPad Sims only after verifying the IMEI number! :-(

cisco_tech said:
^^ lucky you. all sims gets capped once they activate 98 wala 3GB recharge. :(

funny thing is i was also capped . but they automatically removed it after a month or two. :clap: so using it as a backup connection of bsnl broadband with 98 rechrg. planning to use it in trivandrum when i will move there.

Supra said:
^^ Which world are you living.

Huawei E173 Unlocked with 6 months warranty is available with our dealer dvdstoredelhi for Rs 1425 shipped ! As of operator locked cards min is around Rs 999 for Vodafone/Airtel/Tata Docomo but those are only on postpaid 3G data Connections with prohibitive cost.

The world I'm living in, I haven't seen any 7.2mbps carrier locked data cards selling for less than 2k be it Airtel, Docomo or Vodafone. I don't know which world you come from.

Secondly I was talking about manufacturer warranty, not dealer warranty.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
^ Oh. Every CSC is doing that now. Two of my friends got iPad Sims without any issue from the chromepet CSC just a week back and two days back when another friend went, they said they have got new instructions to issue iPad Sims only after verifying the IMEI number! :-(

Same here, was asked for IMEI number when I went for getting one last month, came to know about the data cap issue and dumped the idea. Did they lift off data capping now??

The world I'm living in, I haven't seen any 7.2mbps carrier locked data cards selling for less than 2k be it Airtel, Docomo or Vodafone. I don't know which world you come from.
Secondly I was talking about manufacturer warranty, not dealer warranty.

I got a Tata Docomo ZTE MF 631 7.2 Mbps data card back in March 2011 for Rs 1600 ! Now its Rs 999/- for ICICI Bank Debit/Credit card users. But only on postpaid ! Similarly Airtel was also providing the data card 7.2 Mbps Huawei E173-2 for 999 on the Rs 675 Flexishield plan !Also whats wrong with a 6 months dealer warranty when you can get it for Rs 1425...this thread has around 3000 posts ...if you care to check...hundreds of users here got the E122/E173/UMG 1831 and none had any hardware issues....and even if there were issues all were/are resolved ! Yes after being on this thread for almost 1.5 years may be I am wrong ! What all I can say is if u pay 2k for a 7.2 Mbps operator locked card its way too high. The manufacturer warranty/operator warranty goes down to the drain as soon as u unlock it.

Anyways I got 2 Micro Sims last mnth w/o any IMEI being asked...and guys plz dont PM for Ipad Sim/plans/queries....whatever query you have post on this thread. As of data cap ...its capped to 2 Mbps Down/1 Mbps up in Bangalore.And ya I paid Rs 100 only (sim Rs 30 + FRC Rs 70)...also there is no some stock there from where I got ...so no point wasting ur PM box limit for the same.

@ darkAngel --- Cant u have any Wired plans of BSNL at ur hostel...its really sad to see how you have to struggle for even a half decent broadband/3G connection :mad:. Really in place of revolutionizing 3G has taken us a step backward :mad:

sriharsha_m said:
Same here, was asked for IMEI number when I went for getting one last month, came to know about the data cap issue and dumped the idea. Did they lift off data capping now??
As of now no speed caps for sims from Chennai circle. Kerala its 1mbps.

DarkAngel said:
BTW the new plans should have been wef from Sep 16th right? But its Sep 17 now and still the BSNL 3G page and the portal doesnt reflect it!

BSNL increases 3G data plans

I tried recharging with 1102 which is still displaying on their portal, it gives an error "No Recharge defined for this Denomination",(obviously it won't if the plans have changed ) now i need to recharge my 3g urgently, went to my nearby shop to do it manually but they don't have any idea about the new plans(and i'll ve to recharge on my risk), apart from the few sites where its been said that the plans have changed from 16th sept, there is no such news on bsnl's site, so should i wait for bsnl to update on their site or carry on with the rumored plans on my risk(from shops), could anybody plz guide me on this!?

Supra said:
@ darkAngel --- Cant u have any Wired plans of BSNL at ur hostel...its really sad to see how you have to struggle for even a half decent broadband/3G connection :mad:. Really in place of revolutionizing 3G has taken us a step backward :mad:

BB on the move would come in handy. I was told in my local exchange that micro SIM might be available in Trichy main branch and I need to not take the Ipad with me there. So just hoping that i get one in the coming week and my BB woes gets over for good.

guys, I can get a post paid connect with a microsim in blore. Is it worth it? whats the problem with a postpaid? and any data cap in blore? Not paying anything extra though.

My 98/- 3 GB plan expired yesterday. So what the trick to uncap the 128K bandwidth.
My SIM is originally 3G.
Should i Go this way... convert it to 2G and then Recharge for 3G plan and then again recharge for 98/- 3GB rehcarge ?:S
Or the above trick has stopped working everywhere. i am from west zone.

^^ LOL his sim is capped to 128 kbps due to the earlier recharge ! How come will another recharge of 98/- make it work ?

Just dont generalize and reply just for the sake for it !

Back