BSNL 3G Thread

hmm. from yesterday couldnot start data connection via 3g, though it shows 3g in the mobile phone. When tethering to my pc it shows 628 connetion error. :S

from night it doesnot even show g( gprs) in my set. voice works fine though via gsm and 3g both.

finallY got a micro sim. With my cousin currently. They have given a ten digit mobile no.
How to activate it? Also i Dont have an adapter or e173 now. Roomie has a visiontek. Compatible?

cisco_tech said:
My 98/- 3 GB plan expired yesterday. So what the trick to uncap the 128K bandwidth.
My SIM is originally 3G.
Should i Go this way... convert it to 2G and then Recharge for 3G plan and then again recharge for 98/- 3GB rehcarge ?:S
Or the above trick has stopped working everywhere. i am from west zone.

I dont think there is any trick to uncap the 128K bandwidth. My sim was also capped to 128K I thought it was capped because I didi a 98 Rs recharge so I did Rs 270 recharge which gives 10GB but speed didnt change. Then one day suddenly speed was uncapped (out of 10 GB I used 4 GB with capped speed and 6GB uncapped) I did not change any setting.

After the 10 GB was over I again did a Rs 270 recharge and I am still getting good speed. I am from pune.

DARKANGEL YOU DONT NEED adapter.just use it normally.micro sim doresnt get stuck.i am the only one who has got my microsim uncapped by bsnl and stil get 2g speed. although mdma shows negotiated qos as 8192.

^So how to activate the micro SIM? I have the 10 digit mobile no. Should I pop it inside any phone or card and send a message to any special number. If the SIM doesnt get stuck then I guess I can very well use my rommies visiontek for this :)

Planning to get a Huawei E173 from dvdstoredelhi. Should i check the speeds before ordering the device?(Then I would have to wait till friday)

^ You don't have to do anything. Just put it in the modem and start using it.

Its better you test the speed before getting anything else! :p

guys one query I have a BSNL Ipad micro sim but the problem is that I am not able to use that sim with or without adapter too in LG Optimus One (P500), Alcatel X220 USB Modem, these devices simply do not detect that SIM Card & display NO SIM Error , although the same Micro sim works perfect in Nokia 5800, Nokia 5700 & all Nokia 2G phones.
The main problem i guess is that the devices which have Up/Down Sliding mechanism for SIM Card dont detect the SIM whereas device which have Lock-Unlock Sim holder work properly with the sim.

Any solution?

Or any tested USB modem in which i can directly use the Micro sim without any adapters?

PVIgV.jpg

^Image of the SIM slot of the latest batch of E173 selling in ebay and theitbazaar(dvdstoredelhi). Taken from the theitbazaar page.

vwldr.jpg

E173U SIM slot image i found in 3gmodem UK. So guys who are using microSIM in E173, can you please confirm which one of the two you are using?

That 3G Modem UK (2nd Pic) is E173-u2. The one in 1st pic (from dvdstoredelhi) is E173-u1. Just confirm with dvdstoredelhi that you are getting E173-u1. I have u1 and the micro sim works fine :)

^ Thanks Supra. Have used the 'ask a question' option in their website for the query. Will update here once i get a reply.

9MTL4.jpg

Image of the sim slot of my rommies visiontek (I know its crappy. Taken in CFL lighting with a Nokia 5233)

^Yikes! Should I try with it w/o the adapter to check at least the activation and speed?(Was hoping to do that before ordering)

But even if w/o adapter if there is a chance to damage the SIM slot then i guess I will go ahead with the E173 and hope for the best.

I just checked same and it is E173-u-1

DarkAngel said:
PVIgV.jpg

^Image of the SIM slot of the latest batch of E173 selling in ebay and theitbazaar(dvdstoredelhi). Taken from the theitbazaar page.

vwldr.jpg

E173U SIM slot image i found in 3gmodem UK. So guys who are using microSIM in E173, can you please confirm which one of the two you are using?

Back