BSNL 3G Thread

Hi all:

I have been trying to do a 3g recharge of Rs.50 and Rs.25 through bsnl portal and I get message saying "voucher group class service err." I also tried with recharge guru and they are not able to recharge my prepaid no. They get the error "Failed while Account Update:voucherGroupServiceClassErr." I finally then tried paytm and the status shown recharge pending. I have tried to contact bsnl ccare but not much luck there. I am able to do a topup, but not a special recharge.

Also, I had recharged successfuly 3-4 months ago with Rs.25 STV (50MB with 3 days validity) after that I didn't use the SIM at all.

I am in Dehradun, Uttarakhand

Please advise.

Thank you.

Data usage overcharged.

I got a new BSNL 3G sim few days back. Got 1500MB free for 1 month and using Huawei E173 u-1. Whenever i connect tp BSNL 3G, my data balance get deducted more then used.

For example i connected for one minute and just browsed a website, the data usage for the session on software is 3.33MB. While actual BSNL data balance (Dial *123*6#) before connecting was 425 MB and after one minute session its 384 MB.

I dont understand what is the problem. Anyone knows the solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by cisco_tech View Post

^^ Good to know that.

Now what do you mean good speed ? You meant True 3G speed ?

No not true 3G speed, i am getting around 1.5 Mbps speed.

so what's true 3g speed and what's false 3g speed .. funny!!

killerz said:
Data usage overcharged.
I got a new BSNL 3G sim few days back. Got 1500MB free for 1 month and using Huawei E173 u-1. Whenever i connect tp BSNL 3G, my data balance get deducted more then used.
For example i connected for one minute and just browsed a website, the data usage for the session on software is 3.33MB. While actual BSNL data balance (Dial *123*6#) before connecting was 425 MB and after one minute session its 384 MB.

I dont understand what is the problem. Anyone knows the solution to this?

It happens with me and my friend too. Of the 3GB limit with 98Rs recharge. I think i hardly use 2gb and it shows all 3gb done :no:

got the micro sim from my cousin today:) will recieve my huawei 173-u1 modem on monday via bluedart:)
Can any of the huawei 173-u1+micro sim user put up a snap of how much they have pushed the micro sim or how they have positioned it for the micro sim to work properly in this modem.

due to my eagerness to check the activation of the sim i inserted the sim in my w580. Big mistake. Its a fully covered sim slot and the micro sim is stuck inside the phone sim slot now :down:
Its activated though. Have to take it to the service center.

ggt said:
^you should have tried it on some nokia phones which has an open sim slot :p
Yeah. Suicidal. :facepalm: infact cousin had a q2+ with open sim slot. Was just after a deflating clt20 match. All the service centers today. Hope the sim and sim slot remain undamaged.

DarkAngel said:
Yeah. Suicidal. :facepalm: infact cousin had a q2+ with open sim slot. Was just after a deflating clt20 match. All the service centers today. Hope the sim and sim slot remain undamaged.

do u have sharp tool kit which we use to open calculator small micro screws , the tool kit lead sharp like drawing pencil , I too have same situation , luckily used that calculator kit , sim got out .

multi said:
do u have sharp tool kit which we use to open calculator small micro screws , the tool kit lead sharp like drawing pencil , I too have same situation , luckily used that calculator kit , sim got out .

Yeah tried using a pin but no avail. The service center guy too had a sharp kit and tried to retrive it, but its stuck in tightly. Since W580 being a slider it has to disassembled completely to get it out and he was in a hurry to go somewhere. Hopefully will get it done tomorrow and hopefully the SIM or the SIM slot are still undamaged.

So just in case the SIM is damaged due to this then what is further course of action? Does BSNL issues duplicate SIMs for these? (If they do issue replacement then is it a micro or Normal SIM?)

multi said:
did u tried "PayTM" :ashamed:

Yes, I did try PayTM. They said there was a technical error at BSNL and the recharge could not be processes so they refunded my money...I am able to do topups, but not STVs.

Managed to get the microSIM out of the phone and it works successfully with E173. But speeds seems stuck to 30KBps (0.24Mbps-0.25Mbps)

bfj30.jpg

Same speed in speedtest on two tries and the download speed i got was also 29KBps-31KBps for a 15MB file. I have used both Mobile partner and the device's default Megafon UI for connecting and testing. Is the SIM capped :( Or should I change any settings?

Mobile partner recognizes it as a HSDPA network. Network option is WCDMA preferred and all bands.

gNcH2.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BSNL MICROSIM SPEED CAPPED TO 256 Kbps -> Any TN user facing this issue.

^ Most likely it is capped. Now you'll have to run around various CSCs to get it uncapped. Even then they will most likely limit it to 1mbps.

If you can source a SIM from Chennai then most likely it will be uncapped. (Me and my friends have got more than 10 iPad Sims :-D )

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

varkey said:
^ Most likely it is capped. Now you'll have to run around various CSCs to get it uncapped. Even then they will most likely limit it to 1mbps.

If you can source a SIM from Chennai then most likely it will be uncapped. (Me and my friends have got more than 10 iPad Sims :-D )

But the other day you said all the CSCs have started to ask for a IPad IMEI right? :( Why is the SIM capped? Is it because I tried to use it with a mobile phone instead of data card first up(It automatically started DLing some settings) or is it because I am not using with an Ipad?

Damn all this effort and I get a Lemon in the end :/

^ I guess its cause you are not using it in an iPad. The SIM I got from Kerala had the same issue, worse actually. Capped @ 128k. Then after many complaints and visits to CSC got it increased to 1Mbps.

Even my friend who got it from Nellore, AP - limited at 128k. For him its still capped. The CSC guys said put it in an iPad and then check, if it's still capped they'll fix it.

Back