BSNL 3G Thread

Just saw the bangalore 3G website.

Man it is so cluttered and there and so many plans...

and what is that datacard - is it the one to hook up with the computer.

can some please tell what is the minimum price for unlimited usage postpaid or prepaid plan for bangalore.???

@space..

what is the number u gave?

I have given *99# and the redial option. but when connection is dropped the dial dialog just shows up and stays like that. :S

OK here are some teaser speeds with Huawei E122. Tested it before I left for hometown 2 weeks back. Waiting for Rs 700 bucks plan to get in effect...till then no 3G speeds :(

^^ Of course thats what is being talked about. It was working in roaming sims at least but now even that is blocked. For now its working(3G speeds on 2G sims) only on 2G Postpaid Roaming Excel (White color) sims :p...now its very difficult to procure that kind of sims :(

:p Jumped the 3G bandwagon. Bought a BSNL 3G sim to test connectivity in my area. Surprisingly, I'm getting full signal throughout my house. Decent speeds through my mobile. Time to buy a datacard and surrender the EVDO. :)

Supra said:
^^ Of course thats what is being talked about. It was working in roaming sims at least but now even that is blocked. For now its working(3G speeds on 2G sims) only on 2G Postpaid Roaming Excel (White color) sims :p...now its very difficult to procure that kind of sims :(
I think now everything is blocked :( even post paid one

@space..

It goes fine for like 2 or 3 hours.. after the although the modem shows "connected" status, no data transfer takes place. and the arrow icon under 3g in phone range status is showing straight lines, unlike the dotted lines when connection active. :S

^Hmmm.... Dont know why it happens on a phone.I am using the huawei 3g e122 modem.I am not using the modem's software to dial out rather using the dialup connection which I made on the pc.Are you sure you had a continuous connection for 2-3 hours straight ? I barely get to an hour before it disconnects and connects again.Maybe it might be the cell tower/signal fault...when for a moment the signal gets lost and returns back.It might be that.Test for some more days and report back.This 3g although good at speeds just doesnt match up with the reliability of wired connection.

By the way how to check logs of connections in windows 7 ? Uptime and such..

Back