BSNL 3G Thread

^ Me too using the UMG181. Good device but the only negative point is the swivel type USB connector which is not so sturdy so if you are careless it can break easily. :p

E1750 had no external antenna support.

You can also try the E122 or E176 which has support for external antenna, my friend is using the E122 and its working great!

^^ Thanks for the input. Did you buy it from ebay only? Someone in the Ebay coupons thread also mentioned to look for cards with antenna connector. I think I'll keep that in mind before making the purchase.

^^ Plz confirm the unlimited download thing once u get it working via a Bangalore sim :p

Btw is there any offer of free sim this month :p

Then Rs 120 for 1 week UL download is kick ass :D

so when is this unlimited@4200 coming to other regions.

its a good deal for me as well as i will be in delhi for 2-4 months in next six months.

SpaceVoid said:
@smnrock .. how you found out if it was applicable to tamilnadu ?
here it is ... and it will be implemented all over india in 1 or 2 days... atleast before diwali

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Revolution said:
Unlimited @500 for month would be much better.....:(
hm..Even wireline broadband we were not getting for that price :p for BB unlimited 512Kbps speed im paying 750+taxes :(. So comparing this and earlier plans like 2500/month, 700/month is so much better. Also like supra mentioned first 1 week unlimited is really....:p

^ crap should have waited for few days more before recharging to 1499. :(

Anyways 4200 for six months seems like a real good deal. From 2499 --> 1499 ---> 700. Its all good :)

And what is C-top up ? Is it same as Flexi Top up ?

kumaranuj said:
unlimited@4200 is for all india so be ready
its not showing on the BSNL website.

when will it go live

its not even showing in the online recharge. at bsnl-portal

also when i baught i recharged it with 119, then with 222 , as per some here , i should have got 1+.5=1.5GB data transfer but i have exeeded that .

and my balance is also not being deducted. how much data transfer did i get.?

^ It may not be there on the main BSNL site. Check your respective circle's site. For me, its shown in Chennai Circle's site.

I'm not sure about the 119 RC. But when you do the 99 FRC you get 500 MB per month for 3 months. And the Rs 222 recharge is for 0.5 GB free usage.

After you have disconnected from the internet, you would immediately receive an SMS with the data usage details and the balance.

^^ Do you really receive an SMS with usage details..? :O 'Coz in the past 10 days that I have been using this 3G, I have never received my usage stats even once. I solely rely on my own calculations with Bandwidth Monitor for keeping track of my usage. (I still haven't activated the unlimited plan. Recharged twice with 352 only so far).

Yes I always get. When the initial 200 MB free usage was valid, I used to get an SMS with the details of the last session and the available balance. In the unimited plan however only the details of the last session is there. :p

Although now I use it with the data card, when I put the sim in my phone, my inbox gets flooded with these SMSs :p

Back