BSNL 3G Thread

^^

Another update... I restarted the phone and utorrent(just the phone restart and connection restart was not starting the download so)... after that no issues till now.. this morning when checked going good. so in last 12 hours or so.. only once did it bungled up.. dunno if its a phone issue.. guess i can go forward with a usb data card purchase now..

speeds are not what i thght it to be... was expecting ~300 KBps... only around ~150 at average... still very good i think.

Supra said:
BSNL Calcutta site updated :p

Calcutta Telephones
BSNL is taking on the competition even before they are in the market :D Best plan from BSNL in recent times IMO. Rs.2500 to just Rs.700 in just about 2 months. Wow. :O Its really evolving fast.

So will 3G change the BB game in India. Now unlimited 3Mbps connection is available for Rs.700. Will the wired line operators respond as 3G coverage widens? Interesting and happy times for India BB user in a long time.

Well good ploy by BSNL....even if they get 70-80k UL subscribers for the 6 mnths advance plan by year end ...thats like 30 crores business.

Btw its almost sure now that Docomo 3G plans will be like buckets ( 10GB -- 399, 25GB -- 699, etc)

DarkAngel said:
Now unlimited 3Mbps connection is available for Rs.700.
WTF !!!

Is this true ?

May be up to 3Mbps that mean one can get even 3Kbps.....:(

Or may be some hidden FUP.

I don't trust BSNL.

There may be some trick.

What is RCVs ?

I don't think these are real prepaid.

These prepaid may be like Sulabh Plans which are not prepaid exactly.

I have seen kolkata BSNL site and i hope this will be available here. 3.2Mbps speed unlimited just for Rs 700 per month is really good offer.
Is it possible to do online recharge of Rs. 4200 for 6 months unlimited 3G and where

Guys!!! I took the e1750 modem, and got myself a prepaid connection by paying 59 rs sim card fee, now what is the next step? and in that kolkata site , what do they mean by

"All new 3G registration shall be entitled for one week unlimited data download in addition to the existing freebies offered with new activation. The promotional unlimited data download facility will commence from the date of activation of 3G plan and after 7 days normal freebies of 200 MB will be credited to the account of the prepaid customer. This facility is

applicable to both prepaid and postpaid new connections."

Revolution said:
WTF !!!

Is this true ?

Yes

May be up to 3Mbps that mean one can get even 3Kbps.....:(

Think about other side.

Or may be some hidden FUP.

There is no FUP

I don't trust BSNL.

You are not alone :D

There may be some trick.

Absolutely No trick

What is RCVs ?

Recharge Voucher

I don't think these are real prepaid.

Give an example of real prepaid.

These prepaid may be like Sulabh Plans which are not prepaid exactly.

Wait for 1st November.

Guys.. One doubt. I don't think this has been asked in this thread earlier.

If I do a 1499 recharge and use the SIM exclusively for data purposes, do I still need to recharge once in a while with some voice plan and keep my SIM active. Right now, my SIM is valid till April 2011. If I keep recharging only with 1499 every month, will it still continue to be active after April 2011, or do I have to recharge with some voice plan with validity before that time? 'Coz if that is the case, I'll change the voice plan to lifetime validity by making the appropriate recharge.

To make lifetime only option is to recharge (FRC) Rs 58 after 1st getting the sim. If 120 recharge is already done....no chance of making it life time valid.

As of earlier question a recharge of Rs 1499 will increase validity of main a/c as well. No need to recharge anything else. Best is to recharge Rs 4200 in 1 go get 6 mnths validity in main account + 6 mnths UL data :D

Supra said:
To make lifetime only option is to recharge (FRC) Rs 58 after 1st getting the sim. If 120 recharge is already done....no chance of making it life time valid.

I already did 120 :( My dealer said there are no other available . Any chance at all to do a recharge for lifetime validity?

As of earlier question a recharge of Rs 1499 will increase validity of main a/c as well. No need to recharge anything else. Best is to recharge Rs 4200 in 1 go get 6 mnths validity in main account + 6 mnths UL data :D

The 700 per month UL is not yet available right?

^ Oh ok. Have you tried the 58 FRC? The BSNL CSC I went to are saying only 120 FRC is available and they are not doing the 58 or any other FRC saying its not valid etc. :(

Good thing that the validity of both the accounts will increase. I've already done the 120 FRC, so if there is no other way to make it lifetime I guess I'm stuck with it. Still, no problems as long as validity keeps increasing every time I do a 1499 RC. :)

P.S: Which of these two data cards is better? - eBay India: HUAWEI E1750 3G 7.2 Mbps USB Modem + Voice Call (item 110603331452 end time 25-Nov-2010 00:30:05 IST) or eBay India: Huawei UMG181 3G usb modem Data Card 7.2Mbps HSUPA Modl (item 270644141739 end time 02-Nov-2010 19:22:48 IST)

I am using UMG181 for BSNL3G. Don't know if there is significant difference between the 2. But I liked the looks of UMG181 :D Installation was smooth and the device is working alright. Also hasas an external antenna connector

Back