BSNL 3G Thread

if one could wait by Jan, you might see reduction in the 3G tariffs, since commercial launch by other operators should be by that time.

as a prelude to launching 3G i hear that in some circles vodafone has reduced its tariff in EDGE to Rs. 98/month unlimited ?

ggt said:
he gets all the best tricks i Say :p
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Btw i guess BSNL is already offering unlimited 3G to people who buy blackberry devices from them for Rs 999 so eventually they will come down to less than 1k before tax price.

are these really unlimited ?.....i mean is there really no cap on downloads ( i really doubt ....but there is no mention in the pages here)

These are the plans for BSNL 3G Data card usage, right? Can anyone shed some light on BSNL 3G Data plans for mobile phones? My friend has been using 3G for months using GPRS unlimited 199 plan by simply keeping his phone on UMTS mode instead of GSM. Now he wants to avail Video calling service but for this he will need to officially activate 3G so I am guessing he will no longer be able to avail unlimited 3G at 199 Rs. ?

@arjun, Both mobile and data card have same data plans, it's the SIM that matters. And for ur friend, yeah there was a trick but this method has stopped working almost everywhere, maybe ur friend lucky.
BTW how much speed he was getting(between 0-40kBps or above 50-55kBps all time)? And for ur second question, yes he have to pay 3g tariffs to avail unlimited download with a 3g sim.

hayabusa_ryu said:
@arjun, Both mobile and data card have same data plans, it's the SIM that matters. And for ur friend, yeah there was a trick but this method has stopped working almost everywhere, maybe ur friend lucky.

BTW how much speed he was getting(between 0-40kBps or above 50-55kBps all time)? And for ur second question, yes he have to pay 3g tariffs to avail unlimited download with a 3g sim.

I just checked two days ago and he was still getting 100+ kBps So definitely trick is still working here, may be coz 3G has been officially launched only around a month ago (before that they tested for about 3 months), most probably they will fix it in few days/months time. Anyway these new prices are kinda decent, I personally have EVDO card but speeds are pathetic there so may be I will switch to 3G now.

one question guys......... should i go for a 3g sim or a data card with 3g sim inside it........ ???

I have 6233 phone right now and will be buying samsung wave phone next week......... will the life of phone hamper using samsung wave phone for internet on pc via 3g if used for a long time................??

@devesh, for 24*7 downloading I prefer data card anytime, hassle free operation. IMO a phone is a just combination of everything but do not give max of anything, I mean u have camera in phone but it can't be compared to a digicam(even Canon 7.1MP digicamera defeated Samsung 12.1MP camera phone), u have music player in ur phone but ipod etc performs better. 3g data card are meant for pure Desktop Internet but 3g in phone is use to watch videos etc etc. I may not be correct about 3g phone vs 3g data card so let other comment, preferably who used the 3g phone and 3g Data card for speed differences.

Back