BSNL 3G Thread

Faraz said:
Can i use the usb evdo modem with a 3g sim as a data card ???
No you cannot use as EVDO i guess works on CDMA technology similar to Tata Photon etc while 3G is GSM based technology.

Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

@malhotraraul and Gaurish, Yeah Nice specs but as we know bsnl 3g d/l works on 2100MHz. Clearly, it isnt mention there, maybe he missed it so confirm b4 buying. that ebay guy location is 90kms from my town. Personally, i prefer modem with external antenna port.

hayabusa_ryu said:
@malhotraraul and Gaurish, Yeah Nice specs but as we know bsnl 3g d/l works on 2100MHz. Clearly, it isnt mention there, maybe he missed it so confirm b4 buying. that ebay guy location is 90kms from my town. Personally, i prefer modem with external antenna port.
yea but 11 sold & none of them have complained about it, so it works ???

delhiboy1000 said:
is bsnl 3g avlbl in Delhi?
No Buddy.....see Delhi and Mumbai are catered by MTNL and hence they don't have BSNL network. For Delhi you can go for MTNL 3G Jadoo or as a workaround, tell any friend of yours outside Delhi to get a 3G SIM from BSNL, activate 3G plan and then give it to you and you can use it in roaming on the dolphin/MTNL network.

I will suggest to go for the E1750s available on ebay :)...For arnd 2.6~2.8k....trying using a vodafone coupon and getting it :)

That E1750 supports HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA upto 5.76 Mbps...will make a very secure long term investment because of HSUPA support:)

Back