BSNL 3G Thread

Read somewhere in this thread that the speeds are capped in that sim. check if that is the case, else do the migration.

3G SIM IS BETTER OFF.... period
you should get USIMs at CC or else ask a *shop you know to get it for you for a handling fee of about 50 bucks extra

will take an additional day

Desecrator said:
Guys, I tried searching every other outlet here but in vain. None of them seem to stock the BSNL 3G USIM shown here. They keep telling me that the 3G works without issues on the usual 2G SIM after activating it with an additional recharge which enables the 3G network on it.

Should I be taking this card? Has any user here opted for the 2G SIM and activated 3G on it?

This is insane. Why is the USIM not available anywhere? :'(

SIM 2G/3G does not make speed, only 3G activation with plan matters. Go ahead with 2G SIM later activate 3G on it. I have used both 2G/3G SIM in 3G network without any noticeable change in data rates. Once BSNL has stock of 3G SIM, change it with simple reason like mobile does not boot/hangs on startup.

MohitPreet said:
^ hey do u have any idea how to make my 2g bsnl sim to 3g
There is no difference in 2G/3G SIM only 3G SIM has high storage memory of 256k. Now days all the facilities of 3G are available to 2G customers so practically there is no difference between 2G or 3G, If you still want then that could be done by recharge of 1Rs.

MohitPreet said:
^ hey do u have any idea how to make my 2g bsnl sim to 3g
MTNL converted earlier bought 2G sim (3years old) to 3GSim without any extra charges :)

it is just that the network providing access to the sim to that frequency.

so the one re recharge should suffice.

raksrules said:
So in enquired today morning at the Aundh telephone exchange and they dont have 3G SIM cards. Also i told them i will give my driving license as id proof and electricity bill as local address proof (which has name of the owner and not mine). They declined that and said i had to submit a rent agreement copy. But at the end of day no 3G SIM available :(
They said it MAY be available next week. That too she is not confident about. :S
Seems there is super demand of BSNL 3G SIM Cards.

Today went to yerwada office and got Rs 4200 recharge done. they also have new 3G SIM available with them

Hello i want to thank everybody for giving such valuable suggestions. After reading all the posts i got a proper idea on how to buy the sim and also which data card to buy. Now i am enjoying 3g with rocking speed. I am getting 550 KB/ps average at any time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got the 3g sim (got a cool number) from bajirao road (pune) for 59 + 120.

3g data card was out of stock. Many ppl were coming to the 3g counter with query like "I want broadband", the lady then says go to the broadband counter then they reply no I want 3g broadband :)

Is there any telephone exchange near Aundh which has the BSNL 3G sim ?? Can anyone get a 3G SIM for me ?? It is not very feasible for me to go telephone exchange everyday due to office and on weekend i am not in Pune. I can collect from you or if you work in Hinjewadi i can collect during office timings. (I know i sound desperate :p:ashamed:)

@swap

Yerwada and Aundh are like poles apart so not feasible for me :(

If you convert a new 2G sim to 3G, you still get 7 days of free downloads. Atleast that is what happened in my case. I converted not 1 but 2 2G sims to 3G yesterday and I am not being charged for any downloads even today. I assume this is under the 7 days free offer.

virus32win said:
SIM 2G/3G does not make speed, only 3G activation with plan matters. Go ahead with 2G SIM later activate 3G on it. I have used both 2G/3G SIM in 3G network without any noticeable change in data rates. Once BSNL has stock of 3G SIM, change it with simple reason like mobile does not boot/hangs on startup.
Awesome! Thanks for the input. I guess I should go ahead with the 2G SIM then.

How did you have the 3G activated on it? ACT 3G to 53733?

Desecrator said:

Do confirm us if that 2G to 3G conversion works and you also do get the 1 week of download. I too would go for same if that works because 3G USIMs are extinct here :p

Also how much cost will be involved if 2G and then subsequent 3G conversion and any FRC if needed. Please explain the break up if possible.

Desecrator said:

With Rs 1 recharge or ACT 3G to 53733

raksrules said:
Do confirm us if that 2G to 3G conversion works and you also do get the 1 week of download. I too would go for same if that works because 3G USIMs are extinct here :p

Also how much cost will be involved if 2G and then subsequent 3G conversion and any FRC if needed. Please explain the break up if possible.

For one week UL 3G, that 2G SIM must have preactivated 3G from the exchange and should cost 59(SIM)+120(FRC). On post migration 2G to 3G with recharge of 1Rs or ACT 3G to 53733, one week UL 3G would be in danger.

Back