BSNL 3G Thread

^^ Exactly what I thought when I saw it. To confirm that I was not dreaming, I disconnected and retried. The same result again. I noticed this at 9ish in the morning. Now, the speeds are more realistic. Back to 220-300kBps.

But how can it be possible on E122? 1.2Mbps*8=9.6MBps Connection speed? I used to get disconnection on sudden spikes above 780kBps+ on my E122. :S

Same here, lot of spikes in speed today, hardly getting around 1Mbps download speeds, that also with spikes, early morning was getting over 5Mbps.

i got my connection today

wht to say

terrific

my speed varies from 10KBps to 100 KBps on torrents

and it frequently disconnects

how to enable automatic redialing whn disconnected from mobile partner

currently on 7 days UL plan with huawei UMG 181

akshay7g said:
But how can it be possible on E122? 1.2Mbps*8=9.6MBps Connection speed? I used to get disconnection on sudden spikes above 780kBps+ on my E122. :S
Dushie said:
Same here, lot of spikes in speed today, hardly getting around 1Mbps download speeds, that also with spikes, early morning was getting over 5Mbps.
Supra said:
^^ Most probably BSNL is upgrading their network to HSPA+ 28.8 Mbps one :D

Go BSNL Go :D
I too am amused at this but its a fact that I did get 1.2MBps sustained speeds during these spikes. My connection speed does show 7.2MBps in the dial-up dialog. I don't know what to read into it!

Now, speeds are normal in the range of 220-300KBps.

I am sure BSNL is so happy to garner more and more 3G subscribers who take those long term plans :)

No need to put any FUP :p...lesser speeds and more load will automatically take care of that :p

Seems BSNL garnered 2 million 3G customers at the end of Oct 2010 :O and we know what mad rushed happened in Nov 2010 after the Diwali offers :p

SumitB said:
I too am amused at this but its a fact that I did get 1.2MBps sustained speeds during these spikes. My connection speed does show 7.2MBps in the dial-up dialog. I don't know what to read into it!

Now, speeds are normal in the range of 220-300KBps.

I think your connection speed should show 7.2Mbps not 7.2MBps as the modem which u have doesn't support speeds of 7.2MBps.

So u might have got speeds of 1.2Mbps not 1.2MBps...

johndoe104102 said:
I think your connection speed should show 7.2Mbps not 7.2MBps as the modem which u have doesn't support speeds of 7.2MBps.

So u might have got speeds of 1.2Mbps not 1.2MBps...

After spending 15 hours everyday for the past 18 years of my life infront of a computer and not on chatting or social networking or gaming, I am sure about the difference between Mbps and MBps. Don't you think so? Yes, the E122 does connect at 7.2Mbps but I got speeds of 1.2MBps. Maybe it was an application error. Maybe windows went mad. But I got what I reported.

^^ No need to clarify to all posts :p....ppl dont know what they are posting.

I remember 5 yrs back when I had a reliance FWP to connect at 115.8 kbps but speed would go as far as 128 kbps.

Connection speed shown in windows dialer is just the 1st negotiated speed and never is the max speed supported :)

Is it a tactic by bsnl to reduce the load from their server??? Its almost impossible to download torrents with this kind of spike every 10 seconds or so. Btw i installed a firmware of 3 mobile in my e122 and i must say that its dashboard software is way better than mobile partner. Best thing is it has an auto redial option.

Guys, what are the speeds you are getting. I'm barely touching 200KBps :( Most of the time it is just 1.5MBps or so. I don't know any one in my town who are using 3g, so, I can't compare my speeds with them.

What are your avg. speeds?In a day, When will you folks get Max speed?

@lakshmish .. the one whose link you have provided is for the e220 not e122.I downloaded it and tried but it says e220 not found coz my modem is e122.

Whats your modem ?

Back