BSNL 3G Thread

^ You mean 512Kbps to 1Mbps? :p

In my case it has become better the last two days. Getting 3Mbps+ most of the time and browsing and streaming videos are much smoother. :)

and i am getting just around 200kbps....although i have set the access point as "bsnlnet", is there any way to find out if I am really using 3g?

Hey guys.I am using a BSNL 3g sim with a Huawei E170.Did the recharge of Rs. 4200 on Saturday.Average download speed are 80 KB/s.But I am having a a strange issue.I am connecting thru MDMA.The redial option in windows dialer is set to 99 and 30 sec interval.But after 1 hr or so the connection drops into a limbo .It is shown as connected but nothing is downloaded and no browsing can be done.In that case I manually disconnect and reconnect again.
So I decided to go for the batch file option as suggested by stormer.
This is what i found out
In the cmd window "rasdial bsnl *99# " will connect you to BSNL
but in case of disconnecting if i type "rasdial disconnect bsnl" or "rasdial bsnl disconnect" it throws an error 623-The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection

I created a batch file like this

@echo off
rasdial bsnl disconnect
sleep 30
rasdial bsnl *99#

But I think the disconnect prompt is not working
I am using Bandwidth monitor pro v 3.4 build 757.In the options window I am getting an option to enable notification and run .bat only if downloaded data is more than
X MB but no option to run the .bat if data downloaded in last x minutes is less than y MB
Can someone elaborate on how to do this?
Thanx in advance

^ I'm facing this problem now and then. I'm using the same modem as yours. It drops to a state where there won't be any transfers but still the connection will be ON. It is irritating. And i don't know why it is happening.

vamsi_krishna said:
^ I'm facing this problem now and then. I'm using the same modem as yours. It drops to a state where there won't be any transfers but still the connection will be ON. It is irritating. And i don't know why it is happening.
Can any other E170 owner confirm this?

IS this an issue of the modem then??

^ I've faced the same issue in Chennai, I have a UMG181 modem. I am using PPP on my dockstar to connect, and there is an option which helps to detect this type of problem and force it drop the connection and reconnect.

vamsi_krishna said:
Can any other E170 owner confirm this?

IS this an issue of the modem then??

speeds have dropped further in the night and even browsing has become slow, damm its the weekend effect. Worse part is even in my adsl broadband the speed is coming very slow, so now i am wondering is there an issue with bandwidth and speed for Bsnl here as both adsl and 3g are very slow.

DeathAdder said:
i meant 200kb/s, not 200kB/s :p
I meant 200kb/s also, means you are getting around 25kB/s, which is due to BSNL 3G network only and without 3G you will not cross 60-90kb/s, even with BSNL EDGE (As far my personal experience with BSNL GPRS)

Dushie said:
speeds have dropped further in the night and even browsing has become slow, damm its the weekend effect. Worse part is even in my adsl broadband the speed is coming very slow, so now i am wondering is there an issue with bandwidth and speed for Bsnl here as both adsl and 3g are very slow.
same here in pune

Marcus Fenix said:
Hey guys.I am using a BSNL 3g sim with a Huawei E170.Did the recharge of Rs. 4200 on Saturday.Average download speed are 80 KB/s.But I am having a a strange issue.I am connecting thru MDMA.The redial option in windows dialer is set to 99 and 30 sec interval.But after 1 hr or so the connection drops into a limbo .It is shown as connected but nothing is downloaded and no browsing can be done.In that case I manually disconnect and reconnect again.
So I decided to go for the batch file option as suggested by stormer.
This is what i found out
In the cmd window "rasdial bsnl *99# " will connect you to BSNL
but in case of disconnecting if i type "rasdial disconnect bsnl" or "rasdial bsnl disconnect" it throws an error 623-The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection

I created a batch file like this

@echo off
rasdial bsnl disconnect
sleep 30
rasdial bsnl *99#

But I think the disconnect prompt is not working
I am using Bandwidth monitor pro v 3.4 build 757.In the options window I am getting an option to enable notification and run .bat only if downloaded data is more than
X MB but no option to run the .bat if data downloaded in last x minutes is less than y MB
Can someone elaborate on how to do this?
Thanx in advance
Check previous pages i have mentioned about the hotfix along with many other members.
That will work for all the usb modems.

ggt said:
Check previous pages i have mentioned about the hotfix along with many other members.

That will work for all the usb modems.
Yeah mate I surfed thru all the pages before asking for help.I have already done it.U mean the USB power management hotfix don't u?

@marcus
Not sure what it mentions :p.
I got that link through my nokia pc suite when i connected my phone in umts mode.
Since my earlier windows 7 rtm version was not applying the hotfix patch, i had to go through the same symptoms as you.
Later got a newer version win 7 to which the patch got applied so the symptoms vanished. :)
The power management thing can be done manually. But the hotfix patch is important if you want to say download big sizes of files.

Back