BSNL 3G Thread

Same here on BSNL, dunno what the issue is , why such high fluctuations and low speeds on torrents. This has been going on for couple of days now and not seeing it getting fixed.

Guys!!!!!
I had done a FRC of Rs120/- which gave me a talktime of Rs150 and 1GB data. But yesterday I downloaded almost 5gb torrent using this card and my balance is still the same :) Not a single paisa is deducted. I checked twice yesterday also after downloading first 2GB but the amount was same...
Getting speeds of almost 250kB on private torrents consistently ... though speedtest shows 1.5~1.8mbps only. (Signal - 70-90% and -89db)
I think I will use this free usage as long as no amount is deducted.... even if they start charging I will lose max Rs149.70 :D
Jiyo BSNL... Will chk the bal again today evening and update here...

Supra said:
First 7 days UL downloads....what r u smoking after being on this thread for so long :p
@Supra : definately not as dumb as U R... The 7day UL thing is over and was not available here in Pune. I enquired 50times at 10diff places in Pune. I said I did the 120FRC which comes with only 1GB of data usage for the first month... so pls mind ur language... and maintain some decency....
I visited the CSC for the FRC and both the CSC and CC told me that only 1GB data usage is allowed with the 120FRC....

Sry mate I dont mind any comments but it wud be nice if they come in proper language. We all are sharing this platform to share our views, exp and knowledge so we need to take uttermost care not to hurt anyone... I felt offensive by his smoking comment... thats all ... nothing against him ...

^ The 7 day UL is valid all over India. The CSC you visited may not be aware of it.

Anyway my friend in Chennai got almost 25 days of free UL. :p

maybe... but both the CSC and CC (1503) and few local vendors said the same thing... I had even confirmed this query here before...
And if this is only for a week then that week ends today :( So long I did not use it coz of the 1GB cap.
But anyways ... I will reap as long as they allow me... and if I see the balance getting deducted then I will recharge with 4200/-..
I think 2mbps is far than good for me...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Has anyone been able to do the 4200 recharge online?? If yes pls mention the site. I could not do this on BSNL portal. 1500 is the max recharge on BSNL portal.

^ Maybe it's not enabled for your circle. I don't think other online sites allow special recharges like this. If not a CSC, you can visit any local recharge shops and ask them to a 'Recharge' for Rs 4200 ( Not Topup )

I did it through the BSNL Portal though. :)

onlyravi said:
maybe... but both the CSC and CC (1503) and few local vendors said the same thing... I had even confirmed this query here before...
And if this is only for a week then that week ends today :( So long I did not use it coz of the 1GB cap.
But anyways ... I will reap as long as they allow me... and if I see the balance getting deducted then I will recharge with 4200/-..
I think 2mbps is far than good for me...
--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Has anyone been able to do the 4200 recharge online?? If yes pls mention the site. I could not do this on BSNL portal. 1500 is the max recharge on BSNL portal.
IMO the 1 week free UL offer is valid till Jan 11, 2011 throughout India. So anyone buying new sim and doing a 58/120 FRC will get 1 week free UL until Jan 11, 2011.

dont know yaar ... these BSNL babus are so lazy and so is the poor CC support. No one has the proper information.
I even showed them a printout of this page :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid which mentioned the same but they denied it.
This page says : "This offer will remain open for a promotional period of 90 days from 01.11.2010."

Love BSNL, hate BSNL but cant ignore BSNL coz in my area they are the only good option ...

@Supra : definately not as dumb as U R... The 7day UL thing is over and was not available here in Pune. I enquired 50times at 10diff places in Pune. I said I did the 120FRC which comes with only 1GB of data usage for the first month... so pls mind ur language... and maintain some decency....

I visited the CSC for the FRC and both the CSC and CC told me that only 1GB data usage is allowed with the 120FRC....

Wow thank you :)

So if BSNL CSC and retailers say that 1 week free UL is not there ...because of that I became dumb ! They also tell only FRC 120 is there but u can do FRC 58 as well...they will also say there is no rs 4200 50 times...so u will ask here....why do u believe them...belive what the BSNL site says....take a print out and show to them...Tell them to do the recharge and show them it works fine free for 7 days. Then they will believe and will no tell to users like you that offer is not valid in Pune lol :p

Why did u believe what the CSC is saying...they dont want to read any circulars what is being sent by head office ! Just for confirmation get a BSNL 3G sim for Rs 59....wait for it being activated ...next day go to CSC and tel them to do FRC 58....they will tell it's not there....still tell them to give it a try and be adamant. And after it works u can give them a blast. Instead of calling us dumb after extracting all the help from the thread please blast the CSC guys...they deserve it for not going through the latest BSNL announcements. And ya I screwed 3 BSNL aunties in 2 CSCs real bad for being ignorant about the FRCs instead of calling people who are helping here as dump.

Please believe what is posted in this thread and not what the CSC aunties tell you. I hope now that is ethed on your mind :rofl:

And ya if u make the effort to them by going to the head of CSC(SDE) and tell him/her about the offers and tell me to read the circulars then surely someone who comes next in that CSC wont have to be dumbstruck by them. I have made the BSNL aunties implement 3G FRC 58/56/49 in 2 Bangalore CSCs...they even know about all the 4200/2500/2000 advance rental 3G offers and even some lesser known plans

So since now its confirmed 7 days UL is working for you...am I still dumb because you believed the BSNL CSC aunties. Please tell me why are u believing them and calling us dumb. Please explain :D

Believing CSC aunties and guys is the dumbest thing to do and retailers most of them cant even read properly. Do they even know porperly what 3G is ?

I argued with them tried to explain them even showed them the live page :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid from my N8 after which she was ready to do the FRC of 58 on my risk. I myself saw the cell phone message indicating the FRC failure. so at last I had to take what they offered (FRC120).
We even tried few other FRC which were mentioned in a dusty file she had... I think they were Rs51, Rs47 and Rs58. None worked for me. I even told her that 100s of other ppl have used this FRC and have got 7days free usage but she denied to accept the fact. She was infact trying to convince me to recharge with a Rs121 recharge / topup which would give me free usage of 200MB.

Its like you can only get the horse to the water... And I tried my best to get this donkeys the information I had.... my bad thats all I can say....

And this is what is to be shown to the BSNL guys. Get a print out and throw it at their face

http://www.bsnl.co.in/images/BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg

Also go to nearest CSC/retailer and a do a Rs 4200 Recharge (not topup) to avail 6 months UL 3G offer. If its implemented in your circle it should succeed otherwise the recharge will fail like ur FRC 58 ! You can also show them maharashtra.bsnl.co.in in your N8 to them. Someone has to fight with them to get it implemented in your area/circle. Otherwise they will continue with FRC 120 only forever :p..may be you can go today and tell them its working free for 1st 7 days so the offer is actually there in Pune

Supra said:
And this is what is to be shown to the BSNL guys. Get a print out and throw it at their face

http://www.bsnl.co.in/images/BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg
Thankfully they were aware of this offer as there was a poster of this in the office itself. But again there is a dispute on when this offer ends.
The image online says 90days from 1Nov 2010 and a printout in their file showed till 21Dec2010 :)
They even denied my claim when I told them that I can replace my 2G card with a 3G by paying Rs59. when I said what if I lose my 2G sim.. will you give a 3G .. so she said in that case also a 2G will always be replaced with a 2G sim. Another user there also supported my claim by saying that he had converted his 2G in to a 128kb UMTS sim but even then she was not ready to accept it...
Now in this case what can you do?? One can only :Comp3:

Thing is they dont want many ppl to know the offers as then many ppl will come to their office for the same and they will have to work ! They don't advertise all these just because of this. Also they get paid by private operators not to work and do strikes ! Btw is this in proper Pune City or in some suburbs CSC...may be you can go to the head Maharshtra & Goa Circle BSNL office which is in Pune city and try out there. I am sure you will get better info there

I tried the Yerwada CSC of BSNL and was speaking to the CSC incharge Mrs Kulkarni. Was lucky to atleast find her in the office... I know how horrible it was to follow up with this people when I had to install my BSNL landline and get the BB started few months back. I had to write mails to pgm Pune and call the SDE everyday. Screwing Tikona was a piece of cake... I could reach till their Nodal officer in a single call on his cell but in BSNL these ppl just dont come to the office or reply their calls.....

Anyways dont want to shift the thread offtopic....
The point is that now as the 3G signals are pretty good at my home I will now recharge with a 4200 and enjoy for 6months. Hope BSNL does not come up with a more better offer just the next day I recharge with 4200 :p

^^ the same happened to me, i talked to the 3g incharge there but she did not have a clue about the 4200 offer, she said only unlimited offer is 1500 and 9xxx for 6 months ....she laughed at my face saying ...why would bsnl start another offer half the price !!

i was forced to do the 1500 recharge...then after a month she was in full form flaunting about the great offer that BSNL has come up with ...guess which ...6months @4200 !! lol, i could not even laugh, cause it was not funny!

But final i got it done ( am set for siz months !) :D

Back