BSNL 3G Thread

No I have seen reviews by other users in broadbandforum.in and some other forums...it runs absolutely cool (cooler than E122/E1752 also) plus it gets better signal as well :)

..i hoe it doesnot sell out before i order it !!

when did you say he dvdstoredelhi is putting them on sale ! :)

is the price exact 2800 or it can fluctuate. ?

^^ LOL just to be safe...keep checking on his site and ebay store :p

Last time arnd 15 nos E122 got sold out within 12 hours :O

Pricing should be 2800 or below shipped...thats what he told me.

he told he will put them on sale tonight :)

strategy said:
^^ the same happened to me, i talked to the 3g incharge there but she did not have a clue about the 4200 offer, she said only unlimited offer is 1500 and 9xxx for 6 months ....she laughed at my face saying ...why would bsnl start another offer half the price !!

i was forced to do the 1500 recharge...then after a month she was in full form flaunting about the great offer that BSNL has come up with ...guess which ...6months @4200 !! lol, i could not even laugh, cause it was not funny!

But final i got it done ( am set for siz months !) :D
Fill a complaint by highlighting whole conversation to CGM office /Head office Delhi, many officer like her rune BSNL reputation all over India. Noway, one has to tolerate such dumbness when regular circular/guidelines are there with updated plan information, thing is they don't bother to read. Get contact links from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- India's No. 1 Telecommunications Company

Anyone tried playing online FPS games on BSNL 3g, CSS, TF2 etc.etc? Heard that with HSUPA modem you can get pings <150 for some servers? Is it possible? Anyway I'm going to apply for BSNL 3g tomorrow whatever be the case, though it would be bonus if we get good pings. I was so lazy, just now checked online and BSNL CSC is just behind my office(madhapur Hyderabad) :p.

^ the ping i get with 3g is above ..250, so i dont even bother. :(

virus32win said:
Fill a complaint by highlighting whole conversation to CGM office /Head office Delhi, many officer like her rune BSNL reputation all over India. Noway, one has to tolerate such dumbness when regular circular/guidelines are there with updated plan information, thing is they don't bother to read. Get contact links from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- India's No. 1 Telecommunications Company
yeah you are right i should, But its an old incident , 1.5 months old.

the thing is i dont have any other otion here in my city other than BSNL :(

^^

Thnx. yesterday on reliance net connect+ I saw the ping around 130 for many TF2 server(even around 70 for some useless servers), didn't connect though because My TF2 game has large update due, don't want to waste the quota for the RIL card. But I'm 100% sure even though I would have connected, games wouldn't have been playable. Was hoping that with 3g, one can get better experience. Let see what i get :)

@onlyravi

Just FYI, there is a big advertisement outside the Aundh BSNL telephone exchange screaming "Unlimited 3G broadband for 4200" and i am guessing the aunties at this exchange are bit more informed. They have dedicated 3G section with all details put up there.

But yes they too were not aware about the 7 days free trial when i had taken my SIM but i did not care and went ahead with my purchase of SIM and subsequent recharge of 120 FRC.

Lakshmish said:
@supra Hey can you post a review after getting the modem??? Have heard heat issues regarding that modem in some forums.
Well i am using the same modem, no heating issues at all, the temperature is constant and there are no disconnections issues. I have my modem running 12 to 14 hours continuously on a stretch and have not faced any hanging or other issues. I have even updated the latest firmware and it is working fine. Till now i have not come across any user who is having a heating issue with this modem, as i know a couple of them who bought the same modem from different sellers.

Looking at the current k4505 pricing, i feel the next best option is to go for umg1831.

My signature below has the best speeds i got from this modem the first day i got the same.

the reviews of umg 1831 are very good indeed but how can you say that they are the next best option after the K4505. I mean HOW CAN you compare if the reviews dont compare them? do you have first hand experience ?

The reason for my calling 1831 as the next best option is : -

1. Plenty of users out there are wanting to buy k4505 modem.

2.With the latest firmware it already supports speeds of 28.8 Mbps.

3. Review from the users of this modem is that its good, with stable speeds and no heating issues.

4. It supports 32 gb micro sd memory.

5.The cost of this card is roughly 1.5k more than the UMG1831.

6. It is very famous in UK & SFA and plenty of users are using the same there and have mentioned about its performance.

Specifications wise the speed support, memory card support of K4505 is better than UMG1831.

Personally i am using UMG1831 but would not mind trying out the k4505.

The only reason i went for 1831 is because of costing,availability,speed and performance. Even 1831 has good reviews with plenty of users in US and is a great modem. I have been running my modem for 14 hours straight up daily and have not faced any heat or disconnection issues.

The above information i have provided is as per my knowledge, of being member of various forums, reading lot of articles on the net and experience of other fellow members using both the products.

Hmm ...thanks for the info , thanks for confusing me more :S

so from what i take , k4505 is the like e176 top of the line !!

while the UMG1831 is the e122, great, best selling. ;)

strategy said:
Hmm ...thanks for the info , thanks for confusing me more :S

so from what i take , k4505 is the like e176 top of the line !!

while the UMG1831 is the e122, great, best selling. ;)
There is no confusion,1831 is available and is in stock with most of sellers, go for the same. K4505 is not in stock with most of the sellers and is more costly than 1831.

Back