BSNL 3G Thread

U can add my area also -- Kalyan Nagar :)

how do you escalate. most of them dont understand what u r saying..

First thing they ask is where did u buy the Modem

akshay7g said:
Guys to my surprise I found my 1 week free promotional 3G offer still working which is supposed to expire 2 weeks ago. Will I get any negative balance if I use? My current balance is Rs 0.00
You should be fine for one more week! I got for like 30 days and free joy came to an end. -ve Bal can go upto -10.. Mine is -6 right now :)

sg3707 said:
U can add my area also -- Kalyan Nagar :)

how do you escalate. most of them dont understand what u r saying..

First thing they ask is where did u buy the Modem
Tell them that you just give the sim and do the FRC rest is not their concern. For the last 6 months I have visited the CSC atleast 20 times for diff reasons. Not even once I found the BSNL 3G data cards in stock. They only have the demo data card which you can borrow for a day by paying Rs 2000 refundable deposit.
BSNL website also indirectly says that consumers can purchase only the sim and use it in a data card. It no where implies that the data card should be purchased from BSNL.
Next time you go there meet Mrs Bajaj or the CSC head Mrs Kulkarni.
I have taken a nice class of them both for half hour :).
Also done the 4200 recharge on the data card sim. Now relaxed for six months.
What good timing... today noon only all the BSNL landlines in my area died... atleast I have the 3G now :)

P.S. : Please someone point me how to connect my E122 to my ASUS 500GP V2 router and connect to the internet automatically.

i reached delhi today ( actually sahibabad, NCR ) , with my Chhattisgarh BSNL connection !
but when i try to connect using my BSNL datacard , it shows "limited connecton " ..but full strength ! :(
i can not connect to internet
I am using 6 months unlimited offer ,( i dont have zero balance in my account :ashamed: )

What is the problem :(, why cant i connect to the internet !

Lakshmish said:
Yeah nice but only thing is it does not exist yet. There are lot many iffs and butts for this device to sell in the mkt at this price.
Secondly by the time they get this device in the mkt other good devices like today Mr Popular E122 will also start selling at almost same or even less rates.
I would only praise this device when it really performs in the retail.
For now a big thumbs up to the guts of its developers to come up with this device.
E122 is available for $18 a piece (min order qty 10) + 15% import duties today. which pretty much brings it under 2000 barrier. wait for a few months and maybe that will halve...
Here in maharashtra as they say... "Haazir to Vazir"

i feel the market for modems will change pretty fast, as more users get on the 3g network, so prices are bound to come down even further with more players in the market specially in terms of hardware.As from next month onwards there will be plenty of service providers providing the 3G service and buyers looking for unlocked modems.The rush will also continue till the time bsnl will continue with its unlimited pre paid offer.

@onlyravi I think its going to be launched sooner than later. The 3g market is hotting up and by the looks of it this device has the potential to rule the market and moreover this is an indian made product which helps to cut the cost immensely.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Jus checked that site again and someone has spoken with one of the developer and according to him the device is going to be launched in the next 10 days by big bazaar.

No doubt the 3G is getting hotter and hotter.. but there are few things that might push the cost up.... like the royalty paid to the organisation looking after IMEIs.
Then if Mr Kishor Biyani is coming into the scene he wont do it without some good profit. If Future group campaigns for the device... then add the advt campaign price to the device.. again IMHO It should take atleast 2months for this device to be available on the shelf.
I do not doubt the success of the device... but only thing I want to highlight is that the developers are presenting a very rosy picture now which wont be the same by the time the device comes in the stores. And like I said before at that time imported devices like E122 will also cost almost the same....
The $18 price I gave is for 10qty and ordered from Israiel. A guy in HK sells much cheaper but his Min odr qty is 100.
Summing up: would be glad to see this device in mkt ASAP. but will it be available at the cost mentioned i.e 1300 well... I doubt...

One day after I do the 4200 recharge, my USIM is not working :( Hope I get a new SIM without affecting the 6 months of 3G // One day wasted though..

^^ yes yes read that.

How can one buy this modem and i guess as of now we dont know whether it works fine with BSNL or not (specifically west zone)

raksrules said:
^^ yes yes read that.
How can one buy this modem and i guess as of now we dont know whether it works fine with BSNL or not (specifically west zone)
Right now its not on sale, may be we will get it by next month,they are planning to sell through future group retail chain(big bazaar,ezone) where you can easily demo the products before buying, but thats possible only if they are able to launch it :p

Back