BSNL 3G Thread

Guys just came from the Yerwada CSC(Pune)... Had taken printouts with me and took charge of the incharge and other aunties there.
They have now agreed to put those printout at the notice board there for other customers also :clap:
BTW got a new prepaid sim for my friend and recharged it with the Rs51 FRC. Its a data card SIM like they said. He will be using it in an E122 modem only for dowloading.

I was unable to send SMS from this SIM. I tried sending it from both my N8 and from the E122. Am I missing anything?
And just to confirm once again... this card should also have a free usage of 1week right?? Sry for asking again but this is not a normal sim but a Data Card sim (Physically both are same ofcourse).

onlyravi said:
BTW got a new prepaid sim for my friend and recharged it with the Rs51 FRC. Its a data card SIM like they said. He will be using it in an E122 modem only for dowloading.

I was unable to send SMS from this SIM. I tried sending it from both my N8 and from the E122. Am I missing anything?
And just to confirm once again... this card should also have a free usage of 1week right?? Sry for asking again but this is not a normal sim but a Data Card sim (Physically both are same ofcourse).
Confirmed. The Rs 51 FRC which is only for SIMs being used in Data Cards has only 2GB free usage. Not the 7days UL. Finished the 2GB usage and now its showing GPRS balance as empty.
Which finally means that the 7days UL offer is only for voice plan FRCs.

onlyravi said:
Confirmed. The Rs 51 FRC which is only for SIMs being used in Data Cards has only 2GB free usage. Not the 7days UL. Finished the 2GB usage and now its showing GPRS balance as empty.

Which finally means that the 7days UL offer is only for voice plan FRCs.
Then which card should we go for?.

Guys to my surprise I found my 1 week free promotional 3G offer still working which is supposed to expire 2 weeks ago. Will I get any negative balance if I use? My current balance is Rs 0.00

Btw Bangalore guys , is any body still facing the speed spike and no data activity issue ! I think something is wrong with the tower near my residence...works fine in office area...issue is present only here at home :mad:

Supra said:
Btw Bangalore guys , is any body still facing the speed spike and no data activity issue ! I think something is wrong with the tower near my residence...works fine in office area...issue is present only here at home :mad:
Supra, i am in HSR, still facing the speed spike and no data activity issue, so i don't think its a problem with the tower, but with BSNL.Today i also noticed drop and spikes in signals,which was not happening before so i am a bit worried. Keeping my fingers crossed that things should improve.As weekend is coming, getting myself prepared for slow speeds and performance,as the same thing happened last week.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

akshay7g said:
Any chance for negative balance?
I had an issue in first week of free usage they deducted my entire balance and went to -10 negative balance. So negative balance is possible, till now i have not got my balance back, even gave a complaint online that shows as pending.

Supra said:
Welcome to the Club bro....My area has been the same(Spike, Low speeds, Disconnection) from day one. It sucks.

What happened with the complaint that u were supposed to give....

I gave my writtern complaint 2 days back and guess what... No prizes for guessing......Nothing Happened

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

akshay7g said:
Any chance for negative balance?
YEs -Ve balance is a possibility. But max it can go is -10. Experienced it.

Welcome to the Club bro....My area has been the same(Spike, Low speeds, Disconnection) from day one. It sucks.

No disconnections for me...its like 300 KB/s for 15-20 sec...no data for 5 sec....again 300KB/s for 20 sec.....again no data xfer for 5 sec ! Signal also no issues....99% signal in mobile partner...downloads are fine with the spikes...its browsing which becomes a pain. Already given a complaint....will call up someone higher up tmr . Btw smnrock is not facing any problem like this and also few of my friends who are in the northern part of the city...so dunno what kind of problem is this ! I think it has to do with this new green power BTS(tower equipment) which powers down the signal strength etc a bit when overall activity is low ...they have configured it wrongly I guess :(

luckily no such serious issues here in Pune.... I am getting consistent speeds when the signal is good.... but it randomly disconnects say after half hr or 1hr.
I am looking for a way to keep this connection always on by connecting the E122 to the USB of my router (ASUS 500GP v2). If anyone has already done this please let me know.
Will be posting the same query on the E122 owners thread also.....

Back