BSNL 3G Thread

Dushie said:
Yes i believe it may be a faulty modem. As a last option , can you try using the same in another pc or laptop, maybe on a friends or neighbors machine.

It may exhibit the same behavior there that would help in confirmation and closure of the issue. Then you should get a replacement from the seller , i believe he offers 6 months warranty on the modems.
I tried it on my desktop, laptop and dockstar, all show the same problem. The modem behaves as if its physically disconnected and reconnected. :( Anyway I have contacted dvdstoredelhi, lets see how the replacement process goes. :(

Guys I think my honeymoon is over :(
For last two days I am facing freq disconnections and very low speeds. When I run speedtest.net it shows my location somewhere in gujrat or rajasthan. :-o
I am getting max speeds of 500-700kbps.
I was observing the mobile partner home screen and at the bottom of the screen it was randomly changing between "WCDMA BSNL 3G" to "EDGE BSNL 3G" or back to "HSPA BSNL 3G" all this when it was connected to the net. when it is not connected it shows only WCDMA BSNL 3G as always.
Most strange and Most annoying thing was that I am not able to open few sites like ICICI bank, mail.yahoo.com or use yahoo messenger also :(
I am sure the network coverage is not the problem. I am getting good signals. I think this is due to the new IP addresses that I am getting for past 2 days.
What to do..... Please help... @Supra, @Varkey and others who are facing spikes r u able to open these sites and Yahoo Messenger?

tried to manually register the network. That ways it just disconnects more freq than before. But the signals are strong I dont understand why it is behaving this way.
Has BSNL started doing this to all customers who have downloaded say more than 50GB.... or something... is this theirhidden FUP....

WCDMA is 3g and EDGE is 2G network and the speeds will be surely slow in this. If they are frequently changing like you mentioned then it means 3G signal availability at your data card location is low. Try changing the modem position.

Mee to praying for same.. Let it happen that they are upgrading the network to 7.2Mbps :)
No the signals are strong as I mentioned before. Just not sure why is it monkey hopping from edge to wcdma.
Also It happens only in the Mobile partner. I kept my N8 next to the modem and it was constantly getting good 3G signals.
I tried VDO calling also to see if the call drops(which happens when phone switches from 3G to 2G) but nothing was wrong.
:(( The landlines of my area are also dead from last thursday.....

HailStonE said:
^... OT... Which ISP is National Internet Backbone...
Have u seen the |Arey yeh PSPO nahi jaanta" advt.... I am feeling some what like that....
"Arey yeh National Internet Backbone nahi jaanta" :)
Just kidding...

Its BSNL
Where r u from @HailStone?

Similar thing happened in bagalore.....

first broadband connections were inconsistent for few days then many areas where 3G was good also got screwed

@onlyravi .. you are right.Certain sites are not opening like mail.yahoo.com and others.Dont know whats the problem. Is there any way to use a certain dns for this 3g dialer ?

SpaceVoid said:
@onlyravi .. you are right.Certain sites are not opening like mail.yahoo.com and others.Dont know whats the problem. Is there any way to use a certain dns for this 3g dialer ?
Yes 100 % sure.
Actually half hour ago it was showing my correct location as Pune. Then I was also able to open yahoo mail, messenger and sites of ICICI bank.
Now After I restarted my lappy and reconnected its showing my location back in GJ or Rajasthan and again I am facing the same issues.
Tried calling the CC but I know that wont help..... They just asked me to set the network and mode both on Auto and restart my machine :D
Can others facing this issues also confirm if their location is shown correct in Speedtest.net and if they are having any issues with these sites?
I am using Mobile partner so not sure abt what dialer u r talking.

^ I am also using mobile partner and sometimes the windows dialer. Like on adsl how we are able to set a certain dns in the network properties, how to do that for this 3g dialer ? I want the connection to use a certain dns.

:)

^ The location is never correct for me, it shows Chennai, Cochin etc etc. Changes everytime I connect.

@SpaceVoid - You can set the DNS servers manually using Mobile Partner by going to Tools --> Options --> Profile Management --> Edit --> Advanced

SpaceVoid said:
At the end it will create dial-up connection if you use RAS mode in mobile partner. check the properties of that dial-up connection and give manual DNS setting for TCP/IP under network tab

Here are my results for my new 3G card, jumped on the bandwagon today only :p

It keeps varying through the day, but few test downloads it easily hit 280 KBPS. Uploads are also going at around 50KBPS

onlyravi said:
Have u seen the |Arey yeh PSPO nahi jaanta" advt.... I am feeling some what like that....

"Arey yeh National Internet Backbone nahi jaanta" :)

Just kidding...

Its BSNL

Where r u from @HailStone?
Hmm.. I am from Bhopal. Never really noticed the speedtest results showing National Internet Backbone anywhere from people using BSNL... But I did read a consultation paper from TRAI mentioning it numerous times...

Back