BSNL 3G Thread

Please someone make a tutorial regarding dashboard, dashboard update and firmware update. I have downloaded dashboard as par the link given by @supra .... anything else to do?

smnrock said:
OMG bsnl :( little busy in work now a days.. and also trying to root my phone for getting froyo :D. So didn't check the speed... will let you know today :)
Ok here is my speed test done now...

bsnl3g.png

Doesnt seems to be hit me so far :p

I am going to buy BSNL's locked card ( 7.2 mbps ) tomorrow & recharge it with 4200 /-

as I have checked signal connectivity @ my house which is good .

dragon said:
Please someone make a tutorial regarding dashboard, dashboard update and firmware update. I have downloaded dashboard as par the link given by @supra .... anything else to do?
I bet Supra already explained this before.
1. Plug in the modem. After system recognising the device start the firmware installation.
2. If flash code is asked use this to generate one.
3. Safely remove the device. Now plug in the device again.
4. Install the dashboard update after device is ready. Safely remove the device again.
5. Now insert the sim into the modem and plug in.
6. Install the dashboard after device is ready. Thats it.

^^ Yes I had put a detailed step by step spending 30 minutes but who wants to go and check last few pages. will check current page and ask queries :p

1 week free download is over 1 day ago. But still it seems it is free for me. Any body else tested this.

It works for 8-days after activation....so should work for 1 day more for u :p...if it works more just enjoy...no need to publicize that too much :p

Supra said:
^^ Yes I had put a detailed step by step spending 30 minutes but who wants to go and check last few pages. will check current page and ask queries :p

P
I am getting error while updating firmware:

a)the data card is not properly connected to pc

b)other program using the data card

c)you do not have the authority of the administrator

I am the administrator of my laptop, Data card is well connected and none of the other program is using the data card, I have already uninstalled the mobile connector.

Please help, thanks

Supra said:
It works for 8-days after activation....so should work for 1 day more for u :p...if it works more just enjoy...no need to publicize that too much :p
Hey..Dont be selfish:p . Unlike me others are downloading around 15 GB a day. It is a bonus. Today is 9th day and still it is free. Even if it is not free because of the pathetic speeds I am getting, the 200 MB will be over after 1 month:)

The babus here in Surat are asking for attested copies of the proof documents. And the availability is limited severely to the head office of BSNL. :(

What other documents were asked for sourcing the SIM for the rest of the members here?

^^ I got mine in Vellore, TN. I went to a mobile recharge shop which had bsnl 3g sims. I gave my stamp size photo, DL Xerox and filled an application. Got a new SIM activated with FRC120 plan. Paid 179 to the shopkeeper. Entire process took 15minutes

Ijust got 2 SIMs today. Got the form. Filled it up and attached 4 pp sized photographs. Submitted DL as proof of residence & identity. Had to get a verification from a post paid user (my m-i-l came in handy) and I got the cards. Had to pay 40/- for both cards. Got them to recharge for Re. 1/- for conversion from 2G to 3G and got an additional recharge for 99/- on each card to test 3G. If this gives decent speeds, I will get the E122 stick and use it as a backup internet connection.

:O

These buggers are asking for a PAN card copy, a residential proof copy (gave a DL copy which had clearly mentioned the address) and then get it attested! :(

I think I'd rather hunt few recharge shops. Many thanks for the info folks. Much appreciated.

Back