BSNL 3G Thread

Supra said:
^^ Read the thread before someone spoonfeeds you :p....I have replied to the same 4-5 times now !

3G Sim--Rs 59, First Recharge ---Rs 58/120
1 week is free only after u do 1st recharge.

Docs : Passport size pic, address proff(local House agreement, bsnl landline bill),photo identitiy proof(pan card, DL , etc)
Thanks Supra. I did try reading but the thread is just too long. :)

Guys some update on the speed issues....
Talked to 7 diff senior officers today... Finally got the cell nos. of the engineers who look after the towers in my area and other two who are responsible to look after 3G speed issues.
Unfortunately I had given my device to a friend to test in other part of Pune and the 3G pack on my cell phone expired few days back.
They guys were polite(very much to my surprise) and also told me that tower maintainence is done from Bhawani Peth office(behind poona college) of Pune but most administration controls are in B'lore...
The guy looking after speed issues asked me to test with my device 2moro and then he will monitor my device from his office. Sounded promising but cant believe till he delivers.
Other sad thing was even today not all BSNL towers are 3G ready... The nearest one to my house is not 3G ready and I was pulling signals from a tower which is abt 700-800mtrs from my house.(The BSNL guy checked this from my cell phone no).
I started the trail by calling the Yerwada CSC incharge Mrs Kulkarni... and had to be a little stern in asking abt the contacts of responsible people. I said if she did not help I will land in her office with 18-20 customers who are facing the same issue.... She gave up the nos of the back office and rest was easy....
Now waiting to get my device from my friend and will then see how much this helps... wasted almost the entire afternoon after these people....

^ Its been the same from last 1 week. Earlier i used to get around 500 KBps but now i get around 170 KBps . I am pretty sure this is done deliberately by bsnl and i think this may well be the case till July when the unlimited offer comes to an end.

onlyravi said:
Guys some update on the speed issues....

Talked to 7 diff senior officers today... Finally got the cell nos. of the engineers who look after the towers in my area and other two who are responsible to look after 3G speed issues.

I'm also living in Yerwada, where are you located?.

Lakshmish said:
^ Its been the same from last 1 week. Earlier i used to get around 500 KBps but now i get around 170 KBps . I am pretty sure this is done deliberately by bsnl and i think this may well be the case till July when the unlimited offer comes to an end.
you are paranoid , lol BSNL deliberately doing that ! :rofl:

the more people use 3g in your area the lesser speeds you will get !

^^ Yaar kyu jala rahe ho hamari... Can u pls post today's speedtest result? and chk downloading some heavy stuff... Just to chk if this is stable and not a spike?
If this is stable then lucky you man...

strategy said:
you are paranoid , lol BSNL deliberately doing that ! :rofl:

the more people use 3g in your area the lesser speeds you will get !
Dude i know my place better than you and i also know that more users = less speed. The low speed i am getting right now happened suddenly last week and this is impossible due to more users unless some 100 people bought the sim on the same day itself! 500 KBps to 180 KBps is quite a dip don't you think? And also why are you so sure that bsnl has nothing to do with this?

^^ LOL :p

Well each BSNL BTS is limited to a max of 1-2 MB/s or so....so if even if 3-4 users of download manager rippers have joined in ur area speeds are bound to fall :p....check with MDMA to confirm (check for negotiated QOS speeds).

Just for example I tried using both of my BSNL sim with IDM on desktop and laptop and speed fell by almost 25-30% on both....so of course bw is very much limited on each tower/BTS !

@supra But the low speed i am getting has been constant from last 1 week. If its really due to more users as you say than at least for some moment i would have got more speed or there would have been fluctuation in speed but nothing of that sort has happened till now. And also this happened suddenly overnight so i really doubt this is due to more users.
As far as mdma goes i really doubt its accuracy coz even when i was getting 500 KBps it showed 524.88 as downlink in Negotiated QoS column.
mdma.png

Got the modem from dvdstoredelhi. I stay at siddhartha nagar, hardly 100m away from the BSNL CSC and tower :p

This is a damn good reason to move to Mysore :p

^ Thank you. Also less users per node is the another reason for good speeds over there. And have you tried using the modem in linux (preferably ubuntu), will the network manager detect automatically?

Mysore rocks in terms of network connectivity and network congestion.had a superb experience over there with 4 service providers(changed the providers cos of plans and not cos of service problems)

Havent tried anything on linux, sorry.

Strange thing is I got 6Mbps at Kengerio while coming in a bus to Mysore yesterday. Travelling seems to be a perfect time to dkload :p

My bsnl 3G simcard died. Yesterday morning it was working fine. In the afternoon modem started giving sim error. Tried in phone also, it says insert sime. now have to go on monday to get a replacement sim.

Back