BSNL 3G Thread

there are no Unlimited plans available now

one plan is in MTNL saw a thread about it in Internet Talk

Bsnl 3G Data TopUp 197 is good for 500MB if you are using 3G for internet.

Aman27deep said:
Guys a 3G noob here. 2 questions.

a - Which is the best unlimited 3G plan right now (any network)

b - Which is the best 3G plan for under Rs. 200 (also any network)

Hope you people help me!

Try with new BSNL 3G connection, FRC 51, bundled free data 1GB per Month for 2 months.

:: BSNL 3G ::

Planning to recharge with 99/- per day IPAD Plan from BSNL Portal, but I can't find that plan anywhere.

(3G Data Recharge, 3G Data Topup, Regular Voice Voucher 3G)

This was the URL of the portal - http://portal.bsnl.in/rc/aspxfiles/login.aspx

23tmgs2.jpg

23r37tg.jpg

33k9i8n.jpg

Note :-

1) The BSNL sim card with me is 3G enabled.

2) No recharge of any kind have been done on it.

3) I am planning to use it along with 3G Modem / Iphone

3) Its from Maharashtra & Goa circle, whereas I intend to use it in Mumbai.

- So how do I go about recharging that plan ?

- Also do I need to recharge with any other primitive/activation recharge of some sorts ?

You'll have to visit a local recharge shop or a BSNL CSC and ask them to do a recharge (not topup) for Rs 99.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Guys what speeds do you people normally get with BSNL 3G?

I'm using it with UMG1831 in Kolkata as of now and usually get around 2mbps during off peak (mornings and afternoons) and a fluctuating maximum of 1.5mbps during peak hours (after 1800 hours).

So, is it good or kind of poor?

Need some clarity with one issue :

My BSNL 3G sim of Maharastra circle is being used in mumbai. I recharged with Rs 99/- Ipad Plan @Pune.. (asked someone).

Now,

1) Am I supposed to get any kind of confirmation after the message ?

2) I called BSNL Toll Free Number and they said they cannot confirm about recharge processing or etc.

3) I tried to use that card with 3G Modem and here is the screenshot :

xgd0m9.jpg

4) The speeds were pathetic.. can say 2G speeds..!

So I am confused now, Will my BSNL 3G work in Mumbai..?

I see that you are using it in 2G Mode. You need to switch your modem to 3g/wcdma/UMTS mode (whichever applicable). Else you will get edge speeds on it.

Kept it at UMTS, and here are the results :

1zd7uqp.jpg

Its too slow for 3G, Can it be due to poor reception ?

Although cellphone reception is very good but 3g modem shows otherwise..!

EDIT :-

This was the improvement in the speeds when reception improved to 3 bars (Took it near window).

Still seems way too low ?

I just ended up using my balance of odd 62 bucks and now its NIL..

And here i thought I was on Rs.99 Ipad Plan..!

So how do I make sure of that ? Customer care says that he cannot confirm it only BSNL office can confirm it.!

dipen01 said:
I just ended up using my balance of odd 62 bucks and now its NIL..
And here i thought I was on Rs.99 Ipad Plan..!

So how do I make sure of that ? Customer care says that he cannot confirm it only BSNL office can confirm it.!
Where in Mumbai you are located? you have to go to nearest telegraph office. There you can get BSNL recharge as well as sim cards.
In south Mumbai, the best place to go is BSNL Office near churchgate, Navi Mumbai in Vashi (mini sea shore road, adjacent to meghraj multiplex), In Chembur at deonar telecom factory, Goregaon telegraph office these rae the few places where you can get recharge in fron of you. Ask them to do C-topup.

Thanks, I am at chembur.. and I have been to Telecom factory to disconnect my MTNL broadband last month..

May be Ill go there in couple of days to see if they have 99/999 plan..

Can someone please help me to the technical differences between the normal SIM (I got mine 6-7yrs ago) and the new USIM ?

I recently activated 3G on my current SIM and, though I do get 3G speeds (1.5~2 mbps), the data connections drops regularly and more often then not I either have to reboot the phone or toggle airplane mode to connect again.

All the while the signal is pretty good.

As a personal policy with BSNL I try not to mess with them as much as possible because they have a tendency of messing things up rather than helping. :eek:

And i wanted to make sure it is the SIM that is at fault here, before applying for the new one.

H@rsh said:
Can someone please help me to the technical differences between the normal SIM (I got mine 6-7yrs ago) and the new USIM ?

I recently activated 3G on my current SIM and, though I do get 3G speeds (1.5~2 mbps), the data connections drops regularly and more often then not I either have to reboot the phone or toggle airplane mode to connect again.

All the while the signal is pretty good.

As a personal policy with BSNL I try not to mess with them as much as possible because they have a tendency of messing things up rather than helping. :eek:

And i wanted to make sure it is the SIM that is at fault here, before applying for the new one.
albeit there is no such difference to a home user in between a sim and a usim,, there are some cryptological(security) and storage advancements in a usim but particularly nobody gets much benifit out of them...

in terms of attainable speed there is "no" benifits in using a usim.. same spd can be attained using a regular sim also...

Back